Will the PS4 see a exclusive franchise comparable to Halo?

Mavrek48

I always thought that Killzone was Playstation's Halo. Honestly I don't want sony's talented teams working on space bro shooters when they could we working on innovative games like the Order (Yes, it's a shooter, but it does look interesting), or Killzone dev's Robot Dinosaur RPG.

And before people get mad that I called Halo a space bro shooter, that's what it felt like as a new guy to the franchise.

• Like 4

I always thought that Killzone was Playstation's Halo. Honestly I don't want sony's talented teams working on space bro shooters when they could we working on innovative games like the Order (Yes, it's a shooter, but it does look interesting), or Killzone dev's Robot Dinosaur RPG.

And before people get mad that I called Halo a space bro shooter, that's what it felt like as a new guy to the franchise.

I thought of Killzone right away as well.  But Killzone seems to be very polarizing to gamers, whereas Halo is pretty much universally loved.  I think I'm envious of the the dedicated ecosystem that has emerged from Bungie and the solid staying power.  I think Sony could go for something like that. Something that would not necessarily have to be a bro shooter.

Well no because sony already lost. They better do something about that because xbox has much better games now and will in future.

*Sigh*

There is always at least one...........

• Like 1

I don't really think it needs one, honestly... Sony franchises are typically more varied. If FPS is your thing, especially online, Xbox is the place to be. I like playing FPS sometimes, but it's not my main concern in gaming, so I prefer the PS ecosystem.

I just don't see Sony "stealing" the audience that just plays HALO and CoD and nothing else no matter what they do, so trying to come up with their own HALO is kind of a waste of energy.

• Like 1

Dude deal with it. You won't see sunset overdrive.

sunset overdrive doesn't look that good

On topic: Sony doesn't have one single franchise that rises above all as they have something for everyone whether it is rpg, racing, fps, or adventure.

Edited by X18JELLO18X
  • Like 2

I personally think halo is dead. it was my favourite series when it first came out and i loved it but its become worse and worse with each release, it just seems like a generic call of duty shooter now so i dont think the ps4 needs a franchise like that, the reason i like playstation so much is that the exclusive games are usually very unique.

No need for Halo if we have Destiny, it's actually decent and pretty cool (About Halo 4 cool). Also I like Original idea to stay on their platforms. What do need is Steam exclusives that would the best thing. Also people stop insulating Halo, your hating is on fanboy hate. 

Well no because sony already lost. They better do something about that because xbox has much better games now and will in future.

You really have to check the arguments you use, those were 100% rubbish.

On topic, HALO is only the 'big franchise' because it represents half of the major franchises they have lol, whereas in the PS you don't have A big one, you have many big ones.

• Like 1

Well no because sony already lost

They lost in fps not entirely 

They can have Halo.. we have NaughtyDog   :lol: 

gg we win.

That a opinion m80 mlg pr0 no re

No need for Halo if we have Destiny, it's actually decent

There is a need for Halo if Destiny was 'decent'

Edited by GoldenWolfHunter

They have Rare and if they were rebuild it back to what it was, Naughty Dog wouldn't even stand a chance. 

I don't know, I think Naughty Dog could give an in their prime Rare a run for their money. The question is, how many Rare members from when they were an actual great developer are still with Rare now? Probably not many. 

Parker

• Like 1

I don't know, I think Naughty Dog could give an in their prime Rare a run for their money. The question is, how many Rare members from when they were an actual great developer are still with Rare now? Probably not many. 

Parker

With a bit of reshaping and looking at your team's weakness and strengths, Rare could make a comeback. Rare also back in the prime days had something called "a diverse profile" which Naughty Dig hasn't got.  

I never cared for Halo too much. Played one Gears of War with a friend owning Xbox 360 and it didn't really get me excited even once. When you think about God of War trilogy alone, I'm happy I decided to get PS3 instead of X360 back in the days.

Edited by Sikatiiker