Will the PS4 see a exclusive franchise comparable to Halo?

Mavrek48

The fact that you resolve to calling me a fanboy makes me wonder who is really starting this arguement. Also that fact that you clearly nit picked with no reason means, you have no real answer or true comeback,

No, I didn't call you a fanboy at all. Since you were calling people who didn't like Halo fanboys on the first page, it's obvious that you are just trying to start an argument. I'm clearly wasting my time talking to a troll.

But whatever, as John Marston once said "when you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is to stop digging".

Edited by Saltyie
  • Like 1

Yeah, I would love to have "A halo" on the PS4. Halo is my favorite FPS series ever. And there's nothing quite like it. But does sony need it? Not in my opinion. With amazing franchises like uncharted, sly cooper, and ratchet and clank under their belt. Nothing beats them (Except nintendo, which has better games then both companies, for me at least.) (Except sly cooper, nothing beats sly cooper).

man, looking at Sony now... i don't think they ever need a Halo beater or something like that. i mean do they have to? they have the Uncharted series, the god of war series, ratchet and clank, Killzone series " even though it's still not doing so well ", and Infamous series, Gran Turismo's etc. and all thanks to the ps2, playstation platforms now is the home of western and JRPG games, plus they have games for everyone and every age and not just FPS over and over again.

look at the previous gen, the ps3, that generation got overrun by FPS, when the last of us ( which is not a FPS at all ) got released it's well received on every corner around the world with the " 10 everywhere " which happen to be real and not a joke even MS them self's got impressed with it.

instead of waiting for something similar, we should be thankful we got all these exclusive / strong 3rd party support and verity like Journey, flower and those upcoming unique ps4 titles.

• Like 2

No, I didn't call you a fanboy at all. Since you were calling people who didn't like Halo fanboys on the first page, it's obvious that you are just trying to start an argument. I'm clearly wasting my time talking to a troll.

But whatever, as John Marston once said "when you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is to stop digging".

You clearly didn't read my first post right. Also you're now relating me to a troll, how low can one go? I simply can't allow your degenerate logic to affect me any longer. Now begone, you heathen!!

Edited by Bear

I don't think anyone read your first post right... 

I admit my spelling and grammar was off on that first post and for that, I'm sorry. Also you just said "I don't think anyone read your first post right..." but yet you refer to it when replying to me. 

You know what? You win. I can't keep on arguing. You have your preferences and I have mine and I think we both can respect each other for that? Also I'm sorry for calling you a degenerate, there was no need and it was uncalled for. 

Hmm, I think it would be very hard for Sony to make ground in already well established genres. We are practically at the point where it is impossible to create something that hasn't been done before to some extent (The Halo example I believe was online multiplayer, but I'm not really sure). I suppose Sony does have a pretty good chance of being a leader in Virtual Reality Gaming when we get round to it, seeing as they seem to tinker with it all the time. Project Morpheus seemed to be doing really well from what I remember, so that chance is there.

I don't think Sony is going to be able to make a new Halo, Grand Theft Auto or Super Smash Bros that will beat those games. But as I said, there is a chance to be VR Gaming leaders.

To be honest, I don't Sony needs to base themselves in the FPS. Halo really just got lucky because there was a real gap in console gaming and pc gaming for bungie to takeover and be new to the scene. I think Sony just have to commit more to their ips like: Wipeout,Warhawk/Starhawk, Syphon Filler,Heavy Rain/ Beyond and many more. These will keep them busy and would open their doors to new customers. 

Now with Microsoft, what they need to do is also try with their ips as well. Bring backs classics like Kameco, Bullet Witch, Infinite Undiscovery, Blue Dragon (This was a first a Xbox IP) and some of the xbox first gen IPs. 

Edited by Bear
  • Like 1

I can confirm Halo is not worth your time and a trash game.

To be honest, I don't Sony needs to base themselves in the FPS. Halo really just got lucky because there was a real gap in console gaming and pc gaming for bungie to takeover and be new to the scene. I think Sony just have to commit more to their ips like: Wipeout,Warhawk/Starhawk, Syphon Filler,Heavy Rain/ Beyond and many more. These will keep them busy and would open their doors to new customers. 

Now with Microsoft, what they need to do is also try with their ips as well. Bring backs classics like Kameco, Bullet Witch, Infinite Undiscovery, Blue Dragon (This was a first a Xbox IP) and some of the xbox first gen IPs. 

I played all those apart from Bullet Witch. They are far from classics lol. Only thing that was ever worth of any value to me on x360 was Lost Odyssey and the Dishwasher series on XBLA.

If you mean in sales/popularity, we already do. Its called gran turismo.

Yes GT6 did poor (compared to the others) because it was a cash in, but it still sold better than the worst selling halo game. And the best selling GT did better than the best selling halo.

vgchartz has halo numbers at 57.49m, while GT is at 70.93.

GT has had the advantage in being older, but Halo has the advantage of being established on PC.

And as already mentioned, GT has faced cannibalisation from tons of other top quality PS exclusives throughout PS1, PS2 and PS3 days, but on xbox, its not a very hard decision to just go for halo.

• Like 1

I can confirm Halo is not worth your time and a trash game.

I played all those apart from Bullet Witch. They are far from classics lol. Only thing that was ever worth of any value to me on x360 was Lost Odyssey and the Dishwasher series on XBLA.

We all have are opinions and terms like "classics" have different values for different platforms. Also Lou, I already know your feelings about MS lol. 

No, it wasn't. Xbox Live essentially created online multiplayer, and yes, I'm perfectly aware the PC had online gaming far before, as well as the fact that the Dreamcast did as well, but very few people actually cared about playing online until Xbox live, and even fewer actually were playing online. And what did people buy an Xbox for? Halo. And what did they buy Xbox live for? To play Halo online. People gave so few fucks that the PS2 didn't even have any kind of online until the Xbox showed that it could be a thing. So, online gaming wasn't really a thing before Halo.

Hmm? For someone who is aware that PC had online gaming before, you don't seem to be quite aware of what was done on PC at that time? Xbox Live might have "reinvented" online gaming for the consoles but it was far from doing anything else, same for Halo on that regard. Xbox Live came out on 2002 and by then, PC players all around the world were already playing CS, Quake, UT, Ultima, Neverwinter Nights, Diablo II, Starcraft, Warcraft III, and so many others to a point where there were already eTournaments for them.