Blinking Orange Light

Rubieno

Hey guys

I'm having a problem with my PS4... 3-4 hours ago I decided to put my PS4 in Rest mode and the light has been flashing orange since then! There's no way to stop this since the power button doesn't respond and the eject button does nothing at all...

Did anyone of you have this problem before?

Thanks

Ruben

PS: I don't know if this has anything to do with the 2.0 update

Hey guys

I'm having a problem with my PS4... 3-4 hours ago I decided to put my PS4 in Rest mode and the light has been flashing orange since then! There's no way to stop this since the power button doesn't respond and the eject button does nothing at all...

Did anyone of you have this problem before?

Thanks

Ruben

PS: I don't know if this has anything to do with the 2.0 update

Yeah it happened to me. I did what we are not suppose to do. I unplugged it than plugged it back in. Seemed to be ok after that.

Hold your finger on the power button for a extended period of time. It will eventually force the system to restart. Happened to me too.

I'll try it right now and let you know if it works

It worked! Had to keep my finger on it for 20-30 seconds and it did eventually shut down!

Thanks a lot! :D

Edited by Rubieno
  • Like 1

I didn't think of that. Will keep it in mind in case it happens again.

Yeah I seem to be having quite a bit of issues with my ps4. It will freeze every so often but what really annoys me is the constant in game errors. Forcing the game to quit and report issue then it junks my current pinball game! I was so pissed last night when it happened. Was on last mission for wizard mode when it froze. Wasted easily an hour of gameplay -_-

Error code tells me I need to initialize my ps4 which erases all account data.... Fuck....

I'll try it right now and let you know if it works

It worked! Had to keep my finger on it for 20-30 seconds and it did eventually shut down!

Thanks a lot! :D

Awesome! Glad it worked :) Edited by weeztha

Yup, happen to me as well. Word of this is spreading around the web pretty quickly, as usual. PSN went down shortly after as well. Couldn't access it on my PS4, nor could I log into to PSN on Sonys site. But yeah, ran the 2.0 update, played for a while fine. Then went to power into standby, which I noticed is now "rest mode". Then I noticed it kept flashing orange. I began searching and found this site and others. Apparently you can AVOID this by power OFF completely after updating to 2.0. Then power back up, put the ps4 into Rest mode, and it shouldn't stay flashing orange. 

IF you DO get the issue like everyone else, the advice floating around the web looks correct, in that you simply HOLD the power button down until the PS4 beeps 2 separate times. I've read 15 seconds. Mine seemed to take MUCH longer, like 60 seconds. Then I turned it back on, it checked the HDD file system, and loaded up fine. All good. You DONT need to remove your Power cord. 

Also, its worth noting that once it powered back up i got a notification that "The Playroom" had downloaded an update, and was ready to install. So maybe thats the cause? Maybe not. Perhaps when you go into rest mode after the 2.0 update for the first time, the Playroom update begins, and fails to install in rest/standby mode, and gets stuck? Who knows.. Either way, thats my experience. Hope you guys all get past this BS. 

Oh yeah, this is my 2nd day with the PS4, so there's that. smh lol

PEACE
Edited by Triple-X-Beatz

Yep, mine just did this too - it went into rest after an hour or two of sitting on the main menu and just kept blinking... *stability update inbound!* lol

I had to unplug it and then plug it back in to which the console turned on, restarted, checked my hard drive data or something of the sort and then restarted again and told me not to unplug it, haha. Hope to see this fixed soon!

Edited by BlindMango

Mine does not even go into rest mode anymore, it just immediately goes straight to blinking orange light mode.  Guess I am just not going to use rest mode ...

EDIT" I say anymore, and yet I have only had a ps4 for a week now lol.

Edited by Sir_Bee
  • Like 1

This has happend to me since launch.

I think it has something to due with physical media.

My xmb will freeze if I immediately try to select Overview on a game with it's disk inserted.

And then it will hang when trying to Rest if I use :option: . (why don't we have these emots yet?)