US Xbone Sales Triple Since Price Drop

Parker

It isn't just the price drop, they have 3 different bundles with COD, Assassin's Creed and Sunset Overdrive. 3 awesome bundles with a price drop...hell yes their sales are going to go up.

I am obviously a Sony fan over MS but Sony better get their ass in gear because MS is going hard this Christmas to be #1.

I'm  so happy for the new ps4 bundles. GTA V added to TLoU and LB3 with Lego batman 3

Some people just stay very loyal to one brand, sad to say that they end up missing out on so much because of that.

dude there are more games on psn than any one of us can ever complete. Buying another system and playing only a few on each is just a waste especially since the bone games are no good.

• Like 3

dude there are more games on psn than any one of us can ever complete. Buying another system and playing only a few on each is just a waste especially since the bone games are no good.

Very subjective, if you ask this same question on an XBOX forums all the answers would be the opposite, stay loyal to brand while some of us actually enjoy all kinds of games. (Yes I'm a PS/XBOX/NINTENDO/PC gamer)

Well... that's why bundles exist.

It's more worth if you get a game "for free" with it ;)

Well, IF the bundle worth it of course, but i'm not going to buy a bundle console just to have a random "free" game. IMO it's better to pick up the game i really want  and not getting a bundle just for having something to play. 

Some people just stay very loyal to one brand, sad to say that they end up missing out on so much because of that.

I know, but I suppose there are those who can't see past the concept of enjoying the best of all worlds rather than limiting yourself to specially one thing. Oh well.  :|

• Like 1

you guys do realise not everyone can pull money from their derrière whenever the want, right ? Some of us scrubs can only afford 1 console, if that, so saying we should buy both just because is downright stupid. People will then buy from the company they prefer, it makes perfect sense, but I suppose there are those who can't see past the concept of enjoying one console with the money available, rather than spending money they don't have just to try something out. Oh well :|

Edited by Memnoch
  • Like 1

I know, but I suppose there are those who can't see past the concept of enjoying the best of all worlds rather than limiting yourself to specially one thing. Oh well.  :|

There is one game on the Xbone I'm interested in, and it's likely going to be ported to PS4 eventually anyway (Rise of the Tomb Raider)

Why would I shell out so much money for a console I'm only going to play one game on? Not to mention if I wait and it does release on PS4 I can play it and get trophies too.

you guys do realise not everyone can pull money from their derrière whenever the want, right ? Some of us scrubs can only afford 1 console, if that, so saying we should buy both just because is downright stupid. People will then buy from the company they prefer, it makes perfect sense, but I suppose there are those who can't see past the concept of enjoying one console with the money available, rather than spending money they don't have just to try something out. Oh well :|

Couldn't have said it better myself.

To add to that, some people like myself stick to the likes of PlayStation because its exclusives appeal.  For example, I have a preference for Japanese games, so PlayStation suits what I want, what with being a Japanese brand.  Xbox 360 doesn't have these exclusives.  Nintendo would work, but that shit's region-locked.  Furthermore, I just can't get used to gaming on a keyboard for PC, and they also don't have the franchises I want.  So I game on pretty much one console.  Too bad some people don't think of that either.  Oh well  :|

• Like 1

According to Microsoft, they've had quite a bit of success with their price drop.

Source: IGN

I wonder if this will make Microsoft consider dropping the price in the rest of the world as well. Even though America is generally the only place where the Xbox really ever has good sales, you'd have to think that this would help elsewhere. Also, it should be noted that this is numbers shipped to retailers, not sold. 

Parker

A good thing for Microsoft

The xbox one already has the racing,shooting and fighting genre down to a tee. Sony needs at least a 1 more year before we see the heavy hitter competing with them. When GT6, UC4,BB and Horizon come maybe we can talk about the quality of games.

Edited by Bear
  • Like 1

The xbox one already has the racing,shooting and fighting genre down to a tee. Sony needs at least a 1 more year before we see the heavy hitter competing with them. When GT6, UC4,BB and Horizon come maybe we can talk about the quality of games.

To be perfectly honest, it feels like the only games these days are racing, shooting and fighting (excluding indies) so Sony has quite a few of these genres too. Killzone, Driveclub, and depending on your definition of "fighting" I can think of quite a few, although I can't think of any traditional 2D fighters like Tekken. I'm sick of racing and shooting at this point. I was never fond of them, and the amount of them last gen was overkill - and it looks like it's going to be the same this gen too.

No one is saying that, what multi-console gamer are asking is to spend a considerable amount of time on that console or game before handing out judgements. Demi, Kid and Bear (Me) ain't asking you to buy that console but to give it fair judgement and views instead of "XBOXDONE,XBOX720P". 

To be perfectly honest, it feels like the only games these days are racing, shooting and fighting (excluding indies) so Sony has quite a few of these genres too. Killzone, Driveclub, and depending on your definition of "fighting" I can think of quite a few, although I can't think of any traditional 2D fighters like Tekken. I'm sick of racing and shooting at this point. I was never fond of them, and the amount of them last gen was overkill - and it looks like it's going to be the same this gen too.

I feel real opposite to you, I feel that racing never really got to shine but yes shooter was overkill. The fact that no 7th next gen shooter came out in the last part of seventh gen shows that we as gamers accept rubbish on a daily basis. I have to confesses I don't want Playstation to go all Jrpg this gen, I like them and accept them but it was too much. I need real diversity not diversity an extent. 

Edited by Bear

There is one game on the Xbone I'm interested in, and it's likely going to be ported to PS4 eventually anyway (Rise of the Tomb Raider)

Why would I shell out so much money for a console I'm only going to play one game on? Not to mention if I wait and it does release on PS4 I can play it and get trophies too.

:( You gotta learn to expand your horizions. Fortunate for me there is more than simply one game that Is only on the X1 that I'd like to play. 

Edited by kidhero99

PVp0oTL.jpg

Ooh, that quality...at least the racing is probably pretty fun.

PVp0oTL.jpg

Ooh, that quality...at least the racing is probably pretty fun.

I don't remember F5 looking like this but I got it after launch so I can't dispute this image,  Also that's not even in the same place lol. Mayus are you fan boying right now?

Edited by Bear

I don't remember F5 looking like this but I got it after launch so I can't dispute this image,  Also that's not even in the same place lol. Mayus are you fan boying right now?

Hey I was the guy in the thread that said Sony better hurry up because MS is kicking ass right now (or something like that):.

No I just found it funny when I was at EB and I decided to try out Forza. I was really impressed with the graphics but then I decided to go and stopped the car and noticed the stands. I was like :o. The game looks great...as long as you don't stand still :D

Hey I was the guy in the thread that said Sony better hurry up because MS is kicking ass right now (or something like that):.

No I just found it funny when I was at EB and I decided to try out Forza. I was really impressed with the graphics but then I decided to go and stopped the car and noticed the stands. I was like :o. The game looks great...as long as you don't stand still :D

I'm not going to lie to you, that E3 build of F5 was downgraded to put on X1, I'm not going to lie. I do have to say that Forza H2 pretty much everything F5 was suppose to be. As the SDKs improve, PS4 and X1 will get better and F5 plus Driveclub will be memories.