US Xbone Sales Triple Since Price Drop

Parker

According to Microsoft, they've had quite a bit of success with their price drop.

Xbox One sales in the United States have increased dramatically since the November 2 price drop, says Microsoft corporate VP Yusuf Mehdi via Xbox Wire. Mehdi claims sales have more than tripled over the previous week.

Mehdi also says Xbox One has led generation 8 console sales in the US for the past fortnight and that the company is nearing 10 million Xbox Ones sold in to retailers. Microsoft cites its figures are based on internal data.

The USD$50 price drop, which Microsoft announced on October 27, sees the Xbox One fall to USD$349 over the holiday period. The promotion will end on January 3, 2015.

At the time, Microsoft noted that “regional availability and timing outside the US will vary” but this deal is not available in the UK or Australia. 

Source: IGN

I wonder if this will make Microsoft consider dropping the price in the rest of the world as well. Even though America is generally the only place where the Xbox really ever has good sales, you'd have to think that this would help elsewhere. Also, it should be noted that this is numbers shipped to retailers, not sold. 

Parker

• Like 1

It isn't just the price drop, they have 3 different bundles with COD, Assassin's Creed and Sunset Overdrive. 3 awesome bundles with a price drop...hell yes their sales are going to go up.

I am obviously a Sony fan over MS but Sony better get their ass in gear because MS is going hard this Christmas to be #1.

• Like 2

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/10/27/xbox-one-price-drop-wont-win-the-holiday-console-war-but-exclusives-will/?optimizely=a

This was an interesting read and i kind of agree with his point if anyone cares to read. The gist of it though is the price cut alone is not enough to win the console wars but the current exclusives are. Sunset overdrive. Forza horizon 2. And halo. Halo takes the cake. I know several people that will buy a comsole for halo that otherwise would not buy it.

That being said im the type of person that buys everything so console wars never made sense to me.

Im pretty sure that the $50 temporary (because its only temporary) price cut helped but not as much as the deal that they had going on. Some people are picking up XBO's for $200 FROM MS themselves. Which seriously, if you were on the fence and had an old PS3 or 360 you are taking leap to get that ridiculously cheap XBO.

Good for MS though, We need this competition if we ever want sony to get there ass on gear.

I'm off to troll at IGN now.

Edited by Demigod

I personally believe this is thanks to Sunset Overdrive and the Mister Chief Collection. The main proof is that the Sunset Overdrive bundle was sold out ridiculously fast, while all the other bundles are still easily obtainable. But the fact that the Mister Chief Collection has every Halo game, including a remastered Halo 2, is likely a big factor too. I mean, Xbox is the Halo playing system.

I'm sure the $50 drop helped, but I just doubt that sales tripled because people saved $50.

It isn't just the price drop, they have 3 different bundles with COD, Assassin's Creed and Sunset Overdrive. 3 awesome bundles with a price drop...hell yes their sales are going to go up.

I am obviously a Sony fan over MS but Sony better get their ass in gear because MS is going hard this Christmas to be #1.

Well, you already know they won't: we already have the PS4 black friday bundles leaked everywhere

In one hand the kid's one: Console plus LBP3 and Lego Batman3.

In the other hand The remaster bundle: Console plus 2 old gen games (TLOU and GTAV)

That tell you how confident is Sony about its sales.

I'd prefer a bundle with Shadow of mordor and/or Dragon inquisition, or at least one with another controller and a year of ps+.

MS sales will go up?? of course they will, last year starting price was $500!!!!

I'll still will get the PS4 over the XB1, but next year with Batman. (unless amazon has a great cyber deal)

C'mon in both bundles only one game is physical, the other is a voucher.

Well, you already know they won't: we already have the PS4 black friday bundles leaked everywhere

In one hand the kid's one: Console plus LBP3 and Lego Batman3.

In the other hand The remaster bundle: Console plus 2 old gen games (TLOU and GTAV)

Damn is that real :o. Do you know if Amazon will be doing something because I could order one and get my sister's mother-in-law to bring it up north for Christmas.

Damn is that real :o. Do you know if Amazon will be doing something because I could order one and get my sister's mother-in-law to bring it up north for Christmas.

Well, as I said I hope they have a good deal on Cyber Monday, because I imagine the black friday deals will be the same like in the other retailers (PS4/LBP/LB3 - PS4/TLOU/GTAV). we just have to wait.

Well, I jumped in, PS4 $330 ebay/newegg included tax and shipping, I went to sleep and I was amazed that the deal was up more than 7 hours when i woke up, a few minutes later it died, I guess people just prefer bundles over the lone console. So a few months playing Shadow of Mordor and a couple more of games till Batman release next year.

Edited by GoldenShaka