Anyone else MP trophies NOT auto popping?

GTAJJ

To see who's getting the same problem  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has all your MP trophies on GTA:O popped as soon as you've transferred your character?

• Yes - All my MP trophies have popped.
    • No - Only some.
    • No - None at all.
  2. 2. If No, Have you tried going for a specific trophy to see if they will pop?

• Yes - And my chosen trophy popped
    • Yes - And my chosen trophy didn't pop
    • Yes - And a different trophy popped.

creating a new character fixed all my issues

For me it didn't work.

How many people have actually contacted Rockstar about this?

I did. They weren't able to help me, but at least they know that it affects more people. They closed my ticket twice, giving some stupid answers and solutions, but I keep reopening them until it's really solved.

I finally managed to get all the bullshit online trophies. So here is my story if someone might find it helpful (probably not because it seems incredibly random).

I played the game on PS3 in 2013 and I got all the trophies. In november 2014 I bought the game on PS4 and trasferred my character over. I only had one character (in slot2).

When it was loading up I only got three trophies. I was so mad at this point, as you can see in my post earlier in this thread, haha. I was just driving around in free roam hoping for them to continue unlocking, but the only one I got was "Los Santos Customs" which popped when I entered a garage for some reason. I didn't even do anything in there.

Numero Uno

American Dream

Unnatural Selection

Los Santos Customs

4 of 19

I went googling and realized this was a very common problem and I tried every possible suggestion I could find that helped for other people. Completing missions, switching back and forth from offline/online, creating a new character in slot1 etc etc. Nothing helped. I filed a support ticket at Rockstar and they gave me mostly the same suggestions as I had already tried and they just kept closing the ticket and saying "we are investigating the issue. wait for a patch" Yeah. Right. Also while I was switching between my characters I lost 9 of the cars in my garage. As if I wasn't annoyed enough as it was, so I just gave up and left the game for two weeks.

After two weeks I decided to go back and try to keep ranking up. When I transferred my character I was exactly level 100. I ranked up to 101 which gave me nothing. At 102 I got the trophies for rank 50 and 100. At 103 I got the trophy for rank 25. Makes sense? Nope. Also while I was playing missions to gain xp, I randomly got "Enjoy your stay" at the 'mission passed' screen. Completely random. I got some hope after this so I started calling in backup helicopters several times to see if that trophy popped, but it refused so I gave up again and left the game for a month. Progress, but still far away.

Three-Bit Gangster

Making Moves

Above The Law

Enjoy Your Stay

8 of 19

After a month I came back and tried calling in helicopters again. I think i did it about 16 times (80000 dollars) before it finally popped. Hooray! I also did a gang attack without dying and that trophy actually popped on the first attempt. Rockstar told me to delete my slot1 character and create a new one. This should cause all my trophies to pop before the tutorial race.  Nothing happened on the first attempt, so I deleted the character and created a new one AGAIN and this time I at least got the trophy for completing the tutorial, but nothing else. I decided to use this new character to start from scratch and see if it helped doing all the trophies again. I started off by robbing all the stores, but I got no reward for it. Got pissed off and left the game for another month.

Dialling Digits

Clean Sweep

Off the plane

11 of 19

Took a month before my rage was settling down so I went back to the game. I took my old character and went to a gun shop to buy a few things and I got the trophy for fully modding a weapon even though it wasn't fully modded. Pretty sure I've done this before also so I have no idea why it decided to credit me for it now, but I'm not complaining. I read several people saying the trophy for getting 30 platinum awards will unlock if you keep adding to them. Luckily I had not completed the one for having a tattoo on each body part so I did that which gave me my 31st platinum award and the trophy actually popped. Now my hopes were getting higher. I continued to play some missions and races and after a random land race in stock cars, the "The Midnight Club" trophy popped. Strangely I wasn't even driving my own car in that race, but completing a race obviously made the game realize I had already won 5 races in my own car so I got the trophy. We're getting somewhere!

Pimp My Sidearm

Decorated

The Midnight Club

14 of 19

At this point I played single player for a week until some guy asked if he could join my crew. Since he was completely new to the game I decided to join him online to show him around, and after he joined the crew we completed a mission together I did get the trophy for it, but it took like a minute after the mission was complete before the trophy decided to pop. (He got it immediately) Weird, but good. When he passed level 10 he put a bounty on me. We were in an invite only session so I just fooled around and the bounty trophy popped after about 50 minutes. Really satisfied at this point since I was actually getting the trophies as intended. Also I had completed the trophies tied to rank, awards etc so the rest shouldn't be a hassle.

Crew Cut

Run Like The Wind

16 of 19

This is where I joined a boosting session with some guys from this site. Really nice guys I have to add. One of them called a mugger on me and the trophy popped after the first attempt. Even though most of them already had the "Backseat driver" they were nice enough to help me get it. So we set up a rally race on Criminal Records and I won as the co-driver about 6 times and the trophy didn't pop. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I even tried changing to my new low level character and it didn't pop there either. This is the absolute worst **** ever since you need 3 people to help you with it, and of course their patience ran out which is very understandable.

Full Refund

17 of 19

Now everything was getting insanely annoying. I only had 2 trophies left and I had completed both several times with both my transferred and new character but they refused to unlock. I filed another ticket with the Rockstar support and they just suggested to format my PS4 and install the game again, which I refused. Its just stupid to blame it on a faulty operating system install when so many people are struggling with the same problem. However, I did go into the recovery menu on the PS4 and reset the settings to default, and rebuilt the database. Then I deleted GTA and installed it again. I also got a tip from someone on PSN to log in to the social club and remove my PSN account, and re-link it to Social Club, so I did that. I went back into the game and deleted my slot1 character and created a new one. I robbed all the stores again, which doesn't really take that long. The store gets registered as robbed as soon as you pick the money up so when you exit the store you might as well just stand there and let the police kill you. You don't lose any money and you respawn nearby anyway so you can just hop into a car and drive to the next store. I finished all of them in one session and the trophy popped! I have no idea which of these steps caused it to finally register after so many tries. Maybe it was the relink on Social Club, I dunno. I was so happy it finally unlocked so I now thought I would see if the Backseat Driver would also work. I didn't have anyone to boost with so I just hosted a rally race on Criminal Records. Luckily 3 other people joined, I managed to become co-driver and my driver luckily won the race. I thought the trophy was supposed to pop at the "winner!" screen but it didn't so I just went back to free roam and when the game was loading me back the trophy popped. PRAISE THE LORD!

Stick Up Kid

Backseat Driver

19 of 19

I was so happy this finally was done, so I continued playing single player and of course I got problems unlocking trophies there too. Luckily I knew exactly when they were supposed to pop so I made sure I always did a quick save if it didn't unlock so I could go back and do it again. After a while I saw someone suggesting disconnecting from the internet when playing single player, and that actually solved all my problems. From here on out I only played the game with no internet connection and all trophies have been unlocked when they should. I only have a few trophies left to do now and i can finally enjoy my platinum. To be honest this is probably one of the best games I have ever played, so its unfortunate that I will probably look back on it with mostly bad memories of these annoyances. Rockstar have really let me down with their support as well, which has mostly been useless. The game is over 3 months old now and they haven't fixed any of the issues. I hope they will at some point though, so other people will have a more pleasant experience with it.

-Rammstone

Edited by Rammstone

Anyone know if they are ever going to release a patch for this? It is quite annoying, and I am also not a returning player.

Or a fix? I've tried the six solutions Rockstar sent me. I am missing:

• Numero Uno
  • Stick Up Kid (in the progress of robbing stores again on another character, I'll post if that worked.)
  • From Beyond the Stars, quite annoying as Waste Management popped and this one didn't.

I have not attempted any other trophies because I didn't want to waste time on nothing. Still waiting on a working patch or glitch. Any advice is appreciated.

Edited by HolyFad

Anyone know if they are ever going to release a patch for this? It is quite annoying, and I am also not a returning player.

Or a fix? I've tried the six solutions Rockstar sent me. I am missing:

• Numero Uno
  • Stick Up Kid (in the progress of robbing stores again on another character, I'll post if that worked.)
  • From Beyond the Stars, quite annoying as Waste Management popped and this one didn't.

I have not attempted any other trophies because I didn't want to waste time on nothing. Still waiting on a working patch or glitch. Any advice is appreciated.

For Numero Uno, go to the Social Club website and UNLINK your account, then link it again. Several people have said that helped them get the online trophies.

For the other two, disconnect from the internet before you open the game. All the offline trophies pop when they are supposed to then.

And no, Rockstar don't seem interested in fixing it. I've had 3 support tickets with them regarding this issue and they always end up blaming Sony for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem. Only 3-4 trophies popped after I transferred. I looked on the social club and it said my level 25, 50 and 100 trophies had unl

I had the same problem. Only 3-4 trophies popped after I transferred. I looked on the social club and it said my level 25, 50 and 100 trophies had unlocked. They hadn't in game. Found this thread looking for solutions.

Played for about two hours on my transferred character hoping they would pop, nothing. (Transferred character was slot two)

I created the new character but failed to host a session so I just went sleep. Woke up this morning and went online it defaulted to the new character and once I completed the race trophies popped left and right. All online trophies as well as fully modding a car, gun, and stunt jumps in single player,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a problem with the Crew Cut Trophy. I had it on the PS3 and didn't Pop after transfering my character (just one slot). Also the Off the Plane Trophy didn't Auto Pop. So I simply created a second character and did get the Off the Pläne Trophy, but the Crew Cut Trophy still don't pop after a few missions. Now I am thinking I have to play with another Crew member, but don't remember if I played alone or with a crew member on the PS3 when I got the Trophy at first.

Someone has a tip, what else I could try?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there ...

i have a question .. GTA 5 Online & R* Socialclub says i got everything done ... (Can't touch this (also got the T-Shirt) & Decorated)

168evyg.jpg

but the Trophie don't popup for PSN ...

This are my last 2 Trophies for 100% ... :/ .. can anyone help?

So I recently moved from the UK to Australia and had to start a new character as you cant keep using your old PSN account unless you have a debit card that uses £s. 
So I have been playing a little not a great deal as its hard to get online the same time as my friends back in the UK. Anyway today I reached level 50 and got nothing. Also tried doing the everything LS has to offer trophy nil again and the one where you kill the person who just mugged you again sod all. Its so frustrating. The heists trophies seem to pop still as I got one of those today. 
Any ideas on who to make them pop?

• 1 month later...