Crushing difficulty.

Hello there! Before I plough on with my Crushing run, I'm just after a comparison of sorts... Compared to Max Payne 3 on Hardcore/Old School, or Killzone 2 on Veteran, how difficult is Crushing? Will I be owned like a noob, basically? I adjusted to MP3 and got better with time, but KZ2 was pretty much a 'Wing it' fest. I'd heard Bioshock on Survivor was hard, but must admit, it wasn't as bad as the impression I got from reading forums/Trophy guides. I'm gonna do it anyway, I'd just like to know how prepared to get myself. Out of the games I'd mentioned KZ2 was by far the toughest.

• 1 month later...

Damn wish I'd have seen this sooner =/

Anyways, if you're up to it, I'd be more than happy to accompany you on your crushing quests! Have sort of a 1000 crushing goal =]

You might be used to the mode by now if you're still playing it. But some pointers--if any-- are yeah,....cover is your friend as mentioned above, and if you can keep in mind your surroundings and enemies placements, (/where they spawn/when the Pak-man comes out), you should be fine. Usually every enemy will drop a grenade when killed via melee in this mode, so if you can time it right & toss em' back you're golden. While melee looks more inviting here, it's punishment for doing so, if not well versed in grenade throw-backs, are deeply unsatisfying & invites more of an leverage for enemy troops to possibly flank your buddies who may (should usually), come to your aid =(

One thing I've come to realize in this mode, is knowing when to run from an 'up-hill' fight. Keeping aware of your surroundings, take cover and replenish ammo/kickbacks as needed. Usually a good idea to save the power weapons for the armored guards/Pak-man, (but yolo if you must lol). Also staying in one place too long, (whether typing a msg to someone), will almost always result in the Cpu sending grenades ur way. There is also friendly-fire on, your grenades are precious (team safe is key) & should be conserved to by you some time or quick finishers for the Cpu's, so be careful.

In this mode, Cluster bombs/Team Medic/Army of Three/Protector are also key. Every other MKB is kinda lack luster and may end up holding you & your team back. Cluster also has to be almost perfectly placed against the Pak-man, or he'll just brush it off & he wont be downed. (Personally, i didn't like cluster at first, i was always a Team Medic user, but I am sort of used to the cluster & all its stacking wonders now....But.....it sucks for everyone else if the cluster user--for what ever reason--did not put on team safe...a round otherwise that may have been completed....so careless >__<).

Since cover is key while aiming an opponent down, it's deeply coveted to always get a good angle on them, where they can barely see you, but you have access to their whole body for shots. In tight pinches I heard it's notable to aim for the armored guys legs, since they don't have much armor there. (Their back works fine too, especially if it limits the temptation to go in for the melee finisher & the martyrdom punishment.) There's a certain artistic flow to the combat in co-op. And I love it ^^

And yeah =] Music can go a longgg way too in the background, for the dry, un-epic moments.

One last thing is to watch your kill counter in the bottom, and don't kill the Pak-man if you don't need to, if there's only like 1 enemy left to go to complete the round.

This is in no way a guide and I apologize if this was way more sh'tuff than asked =/ Enjoy though ^^! & Remember! no matter how much you want to kill the other players for not being up to par with this difficulty, team killing does not do anything towards your overall goal to beat this together. Nor does it matter how many kills, etc...(it is fun to see though lol) just have fun! :)

I remember I honestly thought this one was rather easy compared to the other games. Barely ever died. There was a couple of sections that was a bit tricky, but just figure out how to do it as safe as possible, and you will get past it easy enough.

It's easier than the crushing mode in Uncharted 2. The only time i remember struggling was during a chapter where you fight in the desert with sully. The crushing mode isn't impossible, but it gives you a fun challenge. I had a lot of fun platting this game, but don't go for the dlc trophies because those will take forever.

• 2 months later...

Basically hiding is your best friend yes... but I found Uncharted 3 crushing to be much harder than Uncharted 2 crushing, I mean, hell I used a guide to walk me through it all.

If anyone is still planning to do Crushing on UC3, some hard parts are like the boat section and also the "water" section.... Not planning to spoil anything.

• 1 year later...

I'm on the hunt for the platinum and is right now at stage 9 on my crushing play through. Compared to the first the combat/health/checkpoints are way easier. What I don't like is the button mashing sequences. I'm currently fighting Cutter when he is delusional in the tunnel. Its a mess when not having the button combos on screen. I assume its gonna be the same on the final level which I struggled with forever already on hard. 

Another thing that is a little messed up is that you can more or less stealth yourself through the later part of stage 8 but there is a hidden guard in a room thats impossible to sneak up on so he always alerts the rag tag gang second wave of enemies. I don't recall this being an issue on hard. 

• 5 months later...
On 23.1.2015 at 1:50 AM, TimmyTurnersDad6 said:

Damn wish I'd have seen this sooner =/

Anyways, if you're up to it, I'd be more than happy to accompany you on your crushing quests! Have sort of a 1000 crushing goal =]

You might be used to the mode by now if you're still playing it. But some pointers--if any-- are yeah,....cover is your friend as mentioned above, and if you can keep in mind your surroundings and enemies placements, (/where they spawn/when the Pak-man comes out), you should be fine. Usually every enemy will drop a grenade when killed via melee in this mode, so if you can time it right & toss em' back you're golden. While melee looks more inviting here, it's punishment for doing so, if not well versed in grenade throw-backs, are deeply unsatisfying & invites more of an leverage for enemy troops to possibly flank your buddies who may (should usually), come to your aid =(

One thing I've come to realize in this mode, is knowing when to run from an 'up-hill' fight. Keeping aware of your surroundings, take cover and replenish ammo/kickbacks as needed. Usually a good idea to save the power weapons for the armored guards/Pak-man, (but yolo if you must lol). Also staying in one place too long, (whether typing a msg to someone), will almost always result in the Cpu sending grenades ur way. There is also friendly-fire on, your grenades are precious (team safe is key) & should be conserved to by you some time or quick finishers for the Cpu's, so be careful.

In this mode, Cluster bombs/Team Medic/Army of Three/Protector are also key. Every other MKB is kinda lack luster and may end up holding you & your team back. Cluster also has to be almost perfectly placed against the Pak-man, or he'll just brush it off & he wont be downed. (Personally, i didn't like cluster at first, i was always a Team Medic user, but I am sort of used to the cluster & all its stacking wonders now....But.....it sucks for everyone else if the cluster user--for what ever reason--did not put on team safe...a round otherwise that may have been completed....so careless >__<).

Since cover is key while aiming an opponent down, it's deeply coveted to always get a good angle on them, where they can barely see you, but you have access to their whole body for shots. In tight pinches I heard it's notable to aim for the armored guys legs, since they don't have much armor there. (Their back works fine too, especially if it limits the temptation to go in for the melee finisher & the martyrdom punishment.) There's a certain artistic flow to the combat in co-op. And I love it ^^

And yeah =] Music can go a longgg way too in the background, for the dry, un-epic moments.

One last thing is to watch your kill counter in the bottom, and don't kill the Pak-man if you don't need to, if there's only like 1 enemy left to go to complete the round.

This is in no way a guide and I apologize if this was way more sh'tuff than asked =/ Enjoy though ^^! & Remember! no matter how much you want to kill the other players for not being up to par with this difficulty, team killing does not do anything towards your overall goal to beat this together. Nor does it matter how many kills, etc...(it is fun to see though lol) just have fun! :)

I know this is old... but what are you actually talking about? I tried to read this, but I can't understand a single sentence.

• Like 1