Frame rate issues?

So I have been putting this game off for months on the vita due to everyone saying the frame rate is really choppy and low, yesterday I finally decided fuck it I am downloading it anyway.

So after just completing the game and getting the platinum 5 mins ago I am surprised to say that I didn't experience any issues with frame rate, It didn't seem low and certainly was not choppy.

I was playing it on the new PSVITA slim if this matters and played the standalone Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy not the trilogy version.

Just wondering if any of you guys had poor performance or not?

I got this game a while ago... July 2013 according to my trophies. I played it on the Original Vita and I also didn't notice any issues. I have the trilogy edition.I thought maybe it was something like people who say they can hear the difference in bit rates in audio files.

Oh, well. Good for us, I guess!!

I got this game a while ago... July 2013 according to my trophies. I played it on the Original Vita and I also didn't notice any issues. I have the trilogy edition.I thought maybe it was something like people who say they can hear the difference in bit rates in audio files.

Oh, well. Good for us, I guess!!

haha I know what you mean, I can barley tell the difference between 30 and 60 FPS :) apparently jak 1 is the worst affected game too so I might play jak 2 and 3 next seems as though they should be fine too.

I'm having no problems like that with the first one but I am finding the controls very hard with the Vita's analog sticks. Wish they put in an option to make them less sensitive. Took me ages to get past the fishing mini game because of it. Make matters worse I found out later that you can use the touch screen for some mini games & you get a trophy for it as well :facepalm:  

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Completed around 25% of the game. The issue is definitely there, especially in the first area you teleport that works as tutorial. Thought the game would be unplayable but luckily after I returned to village everything was ok. It's around 20-22fps though, and that's still noticeable. Once in a while the framerate drops even further but it's manageable. Don't know if the 20MB patch helped or not. Playing the digital trilogy version. Hope it doesn't get worse in further areas.

• 4 months later...

I haven't played these ports yet, but I tend to hear that Jak 1 is the best of the three. Jak 2 and Jak 3 are awful, because those games are longer and more difficult. I can imagine the last few missions in Jak II being an absolute pain, especially that race with Errol.

• 3 years later...

I played half way through part 1 with horrible frame rates until I found a solution online: go to the Vita’s settings and TURN ON FLIGHT MODE!

I do not really understand why this works but it does and makes the game run perfectly smooth - I hope this helps anyone trying to complete the game!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

This version in VITA just sucks! I mean it, it is terrible. I do not know if I will end enjoying this trilogy actually. Back on PS3 and PS2 was fine, but in this portable the frames issues is just notorious, and in a small screen like VITA it is even worse. 

Do not buy this collection in VITA!!!!

Yeah these are lazy ports, the Vita can be insuferable at the times, the other versions aren't so bad, the first game is by far the one with the least issues.

Still fun games though, I hope for a proper remaster if they ever decide to touch this franchise again.