Thoughts on trophies?

R25CCE

It's definitely a tough list.  I started playing last night and I can tell this is going to have some rage inducing moments.  The trophies for collecting pennies are per run, they are not cumulative across all games.  I managed to get 102 pennies in one run but ever since that one run I have been struggling.  I know the game was only just released but only one person has even managed the 500 pennies trophy (last time I checked).  That 1,000 pennies in one run is going to be a real challenge.

Bonkers is hard mode for this game.

It does have a lot more UFOs and more enemies, but a lot less floor too.

At least on the leaderboards nobody reached 1k pennies yet, only on normal mode.

The thing is, I dont know how to approach the game.

Sometimes I think is better to let the enemies evolve so they drop more coins, sometimes I think is better to play conservatively and keep the screen clear.

None of them got me very far untill now.

I watched a gameplay video on the EU PlayStation blog site recently; I think one of the devs said that the best score they'd managed in the office was 800 pennies or so. 

So, er, with any luck they'll eventually patch the game so the pennies trophies are cumulative rather than per game. That's probably the only way mere mortals like me will ever get them  :lol:

Edited by YimSiphny

It's definitely a tough list.  I started playing last night and I can tell this is going to have some rage inducing moments.  The trophies for collecting pennies are per run, they are not cumulative across all games.  I managed to get 102 pennies in one run but ever since that one run I have been struggling.  I know the game was only just released but only one person has even managed the 500 pennies trophy (last time I checked).  That 1,000 pennies in one run is going to be a real challenge.

I got to 165 and it took me about 15-20 minutes, so I'm not sure how long 1000 would take even if you had luck/skill as things get pretty crazy after 100. Luckily I play my Vita offiline and formatted it afterwards...pretty terrible game IMO.

I got to 165 and it took me about 15-20 minutes, so I'm not sure how long 1000 would take even if you had luck/skill as things get pretty crazy after 100. Luckily I play my Vita offiline and formatted it afterwards...pretty terrible game IMO.

I should have thought about that offline part.  Too late...

I actually don't mind the game but the trophy list is an absolutel nightmare.  I have all of the trophies that don't involve collecting pennies aside from collecting 100 pennies.  I can't even get close to 200.  Once you hit the 100 mark things get really crazy on the screen and one death, even if you got that far without dying, it's pretty much game over.  The thing that puzzles me is the fact that the developers would put a trophy in a game that they couldn't even accomplish.  It is a good pick up and play game when you have a few minutes, but like you said, getting the coins does take some serious time.  My best run, 144 coins, took about 15 minutes.  A run to get to 1,000 pennies, by that math, would take anywhere from 1 1/2 - 2 hours.  I have serious respect for greenzsaber for doing this, but no one else on the leaderboards has even come close.  I'm definitely kicking myself for even playing the game.  The description is also misleading.  When is says "Collect 100 pennies" there is no mention of one run.  It definitely sounds cumulative from the description.  However, once you play it you realize that it has to be done in one run.  I've basically given up on the game.  The frustration (not to mention hand cramps) just ins't worth it.  In al honesty, I'm pretty much giving up on the Vita and my PS4 altogether.  But that's for another post.

I cant even get to 100 pennies lol, luckily im not fussed about completion percentage anymore because this game would kill it.

how cool does the picture look of all the aliens, eggs, etc then you turn it on and your like wtf, its like atari graphics lol