PS Now Free 7 Day Trial

Boooda

Playstations streaming service is free on ps4 for 7 days once you sign up! Requires credit card but you won't be charged and you can access all the games.
Pretty sweet considering they just added like 30 more games to their list, enjoy!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/01/13/playstation-now-free-trial-now-available-offers-all-you-can-play-for-7-days/

Edited by Boooda
  • Like 1

if i understand, PSNow is like PS+ But with way more free games?

PS Now allows you to stream a catalog of ps3 games (i think its reached 100 titles) on your ps vita/ps3/ps4 without having to download anything. Granted you need a good enough internet connection to handle the stream. In Beta you had to pay for each game for a set amount of time (2.99 for 4 hours, 6.99 for 7 days) but Sony ditched that and made it a subscription service where you get access to all the games for $20 a month. The price does seem steep, but you can try it out right now for free for 7 days. 

Personally i'd pay the $20 for 1 month, play to my hearts content and then promptly cancel when I have no more need for it. They keep adding games to the list though, but I don't have a complete version on hand. 

• Like 1

Are you limited to only using PS Now on the account that has the subscription or can it be shared amongst all accounts on the same system, like PS Plus games?

I am just guessing but I feel like they would lock it down to the account that it is rented on. What I don't like is that it adds the game to your Library and you can't delete it. So if you play a lot of games over the 7 days, your library will be bloated with games you will probably never play again.

Anyone with a data cap, be VERY CAREFUL. I played for 3 hours and it ate up 18GB. That is an unreasonable amount considering the games file size was only 1.6GB.

That's because PSNow sends you a video-audio stream of the game. The game can fit a floppy disk, but if the data feed sent to you is 720p or even 1080p with dolby or whatever it's normal that the volume of traffic is huge.

That's because PSNow sends you a video-audio stream of the game. The game can fit a floppy disk, but if the data feed sent to you is 720p or even 1080p with dolby or whatever it's normal that the volume of traffic is huge.

Not sure if it is even 720p and it doesn't stream Dolby. Stereo only. I know what you mean though.

How would trophies in these games work?  If i have already started the game on the ps3 and have a bunch of trophies, will this work like I am just playing the ps3, or will it make a whole new trophy list under ps4 (or even psnow)?

Trophy progress carries over, but im not sure about your save files...I tried carrying over my infamous 1 save file but couldn't get it to work, but ive heard of people being able to put their saves on the cloud and then being able to access it or something. 

Trophy progress carries over, but im not sure about your save files...I tried carrying over my infamous 1 save file but couldn't get it to work, but ive heard of people being able to put their saves on the cloud and then being able to access it or something. 

Thanks for this info.  I am considering PSNOW, but I have a hard time justifying paying for something that I could easily just hook up my other system and play.  We will have to see.

Thanks for this info.  I am considering PSNOW, but I have a hard time justifying paying for something that I could easily just hook up my other system and play.  We will have to see.

Yeah I know what you mean. I definitely feel that there is a very specific target audience for this, mostly people who just got a ps4 and don't have access to last gen games.