Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy Remaster Officially Announced for PC

Azaan60

http://www.amazon.com/Fahrenheit-Ind.../dp/B00SLXWUCE?tag=viglink20241-20 

61aR7EnZA0L.jpg

Guilt is a chilling feeling… Originally released in 2005, Fahrenheit (known as Indigo Prophecy in North America) was a breakthrough in interactive narrative, teetering between the worlds of cinema and gaming while also embracing them, carving its own unique genre in the entertainment landscape. This newly remastered edition features updated graphics, full controller support AND is based on the uncut/uncensored international version of the game. With a rich multilayered narrative, innovative presentation, and a chilling musical score by famed Hollywood composer Angelo Badalementi, Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered serves as the definitive version of the supernatural murder mystery and (re)introduces the groundbreaking title to old and new fans alike. Key Upgrades: • High-definition Graphics — All of the in-game textures have been meticulously recreated in HD for mobile and desktop. • Full Controller Support — Support for Sony and Microsoft controllers for desktop platforms. • Live Graphics Comparison — Players can switch between the updated visuals and the original art assets with the touch of a button.

• Like 1

Sweeeeeeet... great game, disappointing ending.  Almost ruined the whole thing for me.  I'd be curious as to how improved the graphics are, I can't imagine it'd be up to the standards set by subsequent Quantic releases like Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls.  Upping the resolution and touching up the textures should look pretty good though.

Edited by Dreakon13

PC only?

Would've gladly pick this up if it were released on PS4

A little surprised by this as well, considering Quantic Dream has been a Playstation exclusive developer for years now and this remaster has full controller support... I bet it comes to console at some point, if not right away (there's still time to officially announce it).

Yeah, I find this believable. The date is really close to the one that began being counted down to earlier this week on the website that Hayades mentioned. I just hope that, should this be true, it also comes to PS4! 

Also, still waiting on Beyond: Two Souls Director's Cut on PS4 ever since the trophy list was posted on here. I hope it happens!

• Like 1

Funny, I started to play this again like a year ago. Watched PewDiePie go through it.

This game was amazing, tense and amazingly tense..!

until the main caracter died. Then everything went haywire and fucked up the entire game. So sad. If not, this would have been the best game drama evah. Haven't played the other Quantic dream games, so I can't too much though.

So the countdown on achillingfeeling.com has ended, and Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered has been announced. Some details below:

- Aspyr Media did all of the technical work on the remaster, with Quantic Dream offering feedback and giving Aspyr their blessing.

- When the game leaked on Amazon, the price was $10; I personally thought this was much too low for a remaster, but sure enough, it will be $10 on all platforms.

- It releases TOMORROW!

- It will be available on Windows, Mac, Linux, and iOS (iPhone and iPad), with an Android port in the works; all will come out tomorrow, with the exception of the Android port, which is still TBD.

- The PC version of the game will have controller support, although different controllers work with different OS's: Dualshock 3, Dualshock 4, and Xbox One controller support are only listed under OS X, while all three OS's have Xbox 360 controller support listed, among others.

- The iOS version will work with all certified MiFi controllers, and will also have touch control. 

- The game will be made available through Steam, as well as the Mac App Store; alternatively, you can buy Steam codes through Aspyr Media's online store, if you so desire.

- You can switch between HD and SD graphics on both PC and iOS.

- Native resolutions and textures have been updated.

- Nothing is cut or censored in this version, and as such, it is considered "the definitive version of Quantic Dream's vision".

The website is here: https://www.fahrenheit-game.com

You can go to their FAQ (https://www.fahrenheit-game.com/faq/) to find answers to many questions, including system requirements.

Edited by StormRacer872

That was when it was leaked, and the discussions there are simply about what people thought in regards to the possibility of it. It's relevant, but not the same, so I started a new thread.

This one is in regards to the facts of what Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered is, now that it's been announced. If the mods feel that the two topics are too similar, they can delete this one. 

• Like 1

No PlayStation release:/

Missed opportunity there.

Yeah, that's unfortunate. I wonder if Quantic Dream had handled the remaster themselves if we would've gotten a Playstation release. Regardless, we're still getting a dirt cheap remaster across a few platforms, and QD is working on a PS4 game presumably, so we'll get something from them at some point. 

I agree, a console release would've been nice.

That was when it was leaked, and the discussions there are simply about what people thought in regards to the possibility of it. It's relevant, but not the same, so I started a new thread.

This one is in regards to the facts of what Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered is, now that it's been announced. If the mods feel that the two topics are too similar, they can delete this one. 

LOL apparently the mods merged the threads together :lol:.

• Like 2

It was a pretty cool game until the supernatural shite kicked in. So... for about ten minutes.

Can't say I agree with David Cage trying to turn his games into movies and making them challenge-free, but he comes up with some interesting concepts. What ends up ruining all his games is the fact that he can't write and he doesn't realise it.