EA Teases Titanfall 2 Won't Be Xbox-Exclusive

Azaan60

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/02/11/ea-says-titanfall-2-will-likely-be-on-multiple-platforms

During Monday's 2015 Technology, Internet & Media Conference, Electronic Arts CFO Blake Jorgensen spoke about the next Titanfall game.

2803550-titanfall.jpg
While it remains officially unannounced, something Jorgensen specifically mentioned, he did say that EA and developer Respawn Entertainment will "probably have another Titanfall game" and--as suspected--it could come to PlayStation 4.
"Last year it was on the Xbox only; in the future, we haven't yet announced, but we'll probably have another Titanfall game. It will probably be a bigger footprint than just a single platform. I think that's a huge positive for us."
The original Titanfall launched exclusively for Xbox consoles and PC in March 2014. It has long been rumored that the sequel, which was reportedly greenlit back in March 2014, would be a multiplatform game.
Also during the call, Jorgensen laid out EA's long-term vision for first-person shooter games, saying the publisher hopes to deliver at least one new FPS every year. This year it will be Battlefield Hardline and Star Wars: Battlefront. Next year it will be Battlefield 5, or whatever EA decides to call the game. Beyond that, it could be Titanfall 2, he suggested.

Finally, during the presentation Jorgensen spoke about the sales pace of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. He said around 30 million combined consoles have been sold to date, adding that strong holiday sales helped push the figure north. It's unclear how, specifically, this figure breaks down between PS4 and Xbox One, though PS4 appears to be leading the way with more than 18.5 million units sold.

• Like 1

I thought it was common knowledge for a while that the second one won't be a xbox one console exclusive.

Yeah I'm sure we were told this already, but they just said it again so everyone knows, I'm curious to see how the 2nd game will be and how it will go on most likely PS4

Wait, Star Wars Battlefront isn't going to be third person. (The reason why I think is because it says Also during the call, Jorgensen laid out EA's long-term vision for first-person shooter games, saying the publisher hopes to deliver at least one new FPS every year. This year it will be Battlefield Hardline and Star Wars: Battlefront.)

playing%20a%20game%20with%20colbert%20an

Titanfall bombed pretty hard. Nobody seemed to talk about it, or play it after the first 2 weeks. So I'm not surprised they would want to make the second full multiplatform.

Also, any one else get annoyed when devs say 'exclusive' but it's on multiple platforms? If your game is on Xbox AND PC, then it's not exclusice to Xbox. Same goes for saying "exclusive to PS4 and PC". That would be like me saying, " This game is exclusive to PS4, PC, PsVita, PS3, Xbone, Xbox 360, and WiiU. It's not on the 3DS, so it's exclusive." They throw the word around a lot.

• Like 1