Post what you did on VaLentines!

SarDarniTron

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I went to the university's cafeteria for dinner. I took a look at all the options and was disgusted. There wasn’t a single thing I enjoyed eating. I can’t say I was surprised though. It’s only once or twice a week that I’ll actually enjoy the hot meals they provide. I usually just eat cereal. So I went to the cereal bar and, again, I was disappointed. All of the cereals were gone except for Cheerios, ordinary Cheerios. Cheerios are supposed to be good for the heart and it's better than eating nothing so I took my dry Cheerios to an empty table and began eating. A few dry, crunchy scoops in I felt a presence next to me. I took my headphones off and looked up at a smiling figure, arms behind her back as though she was nervous about the words she was about to utter. She cleared her throat and spoke softly, almost whispering, “I-is there anyone sitting with you?” I felt something I had not felt in all my meals eating alone: hope. ‘Could cupid’s bow have struck this angel on Valentine’s Day like in the stories from childhood?’ I wondered. My eyes bright with this strange feeling known as hope I replied, “No. It’s free.” She slowly and cautiously continued, "I-is it... is it alright... if I..." I cut her off with a friendly, "Go ahead," smiling and nodding in approval. Her smile grew brighter causing her eyes to squint and she excitedly proclaimed, “Thanks!” She then grabbed the chair and brought it to another table. I finished my meal in silence, my dry Cheerios causing a little more choking than usual.

But I bought myself some Reese's hearts so you know my night is gonna get better.

• Like 4

Nothing out of the blue. Went to church, came home, played some Xcom, studied, did some homework, studied some more, and right now I'm playing more Xcom.

Close to getting another UR trophy right now lol. Biggest letdown is that I didn't went to gym...bollocks, I need to go tomorrow.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...