Server still up?

TakeaShower__

46 minutes ago, cris3f said:

Third party servers need PSN services to work. Sony has 0 interest in keeping them working or wasting any bandwith with them. PS4 traffic is paid, PS3 and VIta is free. Think again.

Sony isn't going to kill the whole PSN on old systems. Game servers are another story.

21 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Sony isn't going to kill the whole PSN on old systems. Game servers are another story.

I never said they were going to kill PSN on old systems. But that they want to kill all server traffic from gaming related to Vita and PS3 games is more than obvious. Of course they wouldn't if it was paid. But it's not, and it's not going to change. I can't believe that any PS3 or Vita game server works independently from PSN and I'm 100% sure that all user related data is fed by Sony, as they would NEVER share this information with anyone else, so in the end probably they can even "suggest" to developers to kill the servers. At the time of the Black Ops servers fiasco the developer clearly said they could not solve the problem, because it was on Sony side. If the server was independent from the PSN backbone they could have done it.

There's games I've been playing online on the PS3 for more than 3 years and it's clear the degradation of the playability since 2018. The servers have less players, my access is mostly the same, so the bottleneck is coming from somewhere. I don't think it's difficult to see where from. Today, Sony has 0 interest in Vita and PS3 traffic using their bandwidth. All big companies have their traffic segmented by areas. It's easy as pie for Sony to reduce the bandwidth available to PS3 and Vita servers. They obviously know where the traffic is coming from. And I can't believe Sony makes the service available to developers for free. I wouldn't be surprised if the fees for connecting PS3 and Vita servers to PSN wouldn't be going up to "aid" developers see their light.

It's all about money. They're making a ton of money from PS4 subscriptions, the rest is to be axed ASAP.

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, servers are on, BUT! I am working on plat now (only 3 races on HARD and got it). When i worked on MP trophies, it very paynful. I am raicing on last position every race, becouse players are very OP. But game is very good.. :) (2019)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Several people have unlocked the trophy on PS3 recently, even when they started the game in the last few months. And 50 of those trophy earners were in the last year.

But barely anybody has unlocked it on Xbox 360. Just over 50 people in the last 4 years.

So I would guess that there's a problem with the Xbox 360 version and it was assumed that the PS3 version would have the same issue. There is a lot of talk from 2013 on Xbox forums about things resetting and the achievement not being obtainable. Nobody mentions resetting on PS3 forums.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, glad the servers are still up for Blur after all these years, just wondering but would anyone like to do online and friend trophy boosting with me sometime? I'm just about to get back into the game soon and have all the online stuff to do but am definitely aiming to get the platinum if there is still someone who wants help in return, so feel free to add me on PSN guys as some trophies require having at least 1 in-game friend. ?

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
15 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

Do the servers for this game still work? I was thinking of picking it up and getting the platinum to mirror what I did with Split/Second long ago and I would like to know if the platinum is still obtainable

They are still up but knackered for newcomers :(

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

They are still up but knackered for newcomers :(

I see contrasting reports in that thread. My PSN account is from before 2010 and I have played more than a few Activision online games before this one. It seems like the issue is with PSN accounts that are new and/or haven't played any Activision online games before this one. Can anyone confirm if it works for people who have an older account?

4 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

I see contrasting reports in that thread. My PSN account is from before 2010 and I have played more than a few Activision online games before this one. It seems like the issue is with PSN accounts that are new and/or haven't played any Activision online games before this one. Can anyone confirm if it works for people who have an older account?

You can test it by doing the first race. Just trail behind everyone and don't use any powerups or go through the Fan Run gates and you won't accidentally unlock any trophies.

If you can see yourself on the leaderboards for that race on another account then you'll be fine to get the platinum.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

You can test it by doing the first race. Just trail behind everyone and don't use any powerups or go through the Fan Run gates and you won't accidentally unlock any trophies.

If you can see yourself on the leaderboards for that race on another account then you'll be fine to get the platinum.

I have yet to buy it, I wanted to know if it's still obtainable so I can buy it. Is the only way to know to test it myself?

2 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

I have yet to buy it, I wanted to know if it's still obtainable so I can buy it. Is the only way to know to test it myself?

Yeah, since people aren't sure on what prevents people from appearing on the highscores.

Blur was the first Activision PS3 game I played and I was able to get it last year. Although I did play a COD Beta on PS4 which might've been the reason I was able to.

11 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

Yeah, since people aren't sure on what prevents people from appearing on the highscores.

Blur was the first Activision PS3 game I played and I was able to get it last year. Although I did play a COD Beta on PS4 which might've been the reason I was able to.

I personally played quite a few online games by Activision and my account is quite old, so maybe I have a good chance. Well, I'll get it and check whether I can get the platinum, if not I will just play it on an alt

Thanks for the help

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Early 2022, I tried for fun and surprisingly, the online is still up. If it's right, the game estimation said ~60 players, but as beginner, I could only play the first two categories of races, and raced in second category (not the one for new players, Learning section level 1-10).

I could even play against randoms (from 7-10 players) and earned Giant Killer trophy.