3DS or Wii U ?

Sigma999

I've been thiking about getting either a 3DS or a WII U however I can't decide myself wich one shoul i buy.

The Wii U has Bayonetta 2 that I'm anxious to play , Super Smash Bros , Super Mario 3D world, the new Kirby and Zelda title coming out.

On the other hand, the 3DS seems to have a much more variety of games that i might enjoy such as Pokemon series, Professor Layton, Kirby,also Super Smash Bros, The Legend of Zelda Between Worlds, the N64 Zeldas that i never got to play ( only Zelda i ever played was A Link to the Past).

I mostly enjoy platformers, Action/adventure, Hack n'slash, puzzle and stealth. Not a fan of RPG/strategy genre and don't like very much of FPS.

So, wich console you guys think i should get in order to have more fun  :D ?

P.S : I also love Metroid, have played Metroid 2 Return of Samus and Super Metroid but i don't know if any of those consoles got any title of the franchise.

Edited by Jiaho24

I'd go for a New 3DS XL, they really improved the 3D and the console has a wonderful game library. The Wii U is getting there too, it had a great 2014 and will have an amazing 2015 if nothing gets delayed, but for me the 3DS is simply amazing, so I'd say go for that one xD

I would say that is depends on if you want quantity, or quality. The 3DS has a lot of good games, but I wouldn't consider very many of them must play games. However, the Wii U has a smaller library overall, but I would say it has many more must play games. Like Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Zombie U, Mario 3D World, Hyrule Warriors, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, and of course Smash Bros.

Either way, you're sure to get enjoyment out of the system. It really just depends if you want a handheld or not.

I would say that is depends on if you want quantity, or quality. The 3DS has a lot of good games, but I wouldn't consider very many of them must play games. However, the Wii U has a smaller library overall, but I would say it has many more must play games. Like Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Zombie U, Mario 3D World, Hyrule Warriors, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, and of course Smash Bros.

Either way, you're sure to get enjoyment out of the system. It really just depends if you want a handheld or not.

The only handheld i had was the original gameboy and played for a while the gameboy advance. Not a huge fan of portable gaming but i don't care less for the graphics,the important is the gameplay and the fun factor.

I would go with the New 3DS.

What the improvments over the original 3DS design?

I got both recently. You should be happy with either, but nothing is quite as good as racing a friend in MarioKart while you wait for the bus.

I can imagine that  xD . However i'm not a fan of racing/kart games , for competitive multiplayer my choice will definetly be fighting

Edited by Jiaho24

If i had to choose, definitely the New 3DS XL. That said, the 3DS has quantity *and* quality but not as much as the Wii U games which has a smaller library but better quality compared to the 3DS. Both are good choices but i would start with the New 3DS XL if you haven't bought a 3DS yet.

No didn't get any 3DS model yet and appreciate your opinion and suggestion. I loved the quiz from Super Smash Bros  :D and the results for wich character i am were :

super-smash-bros-zelda.jpg

Easy. Go with the Wii U. The 3DS is a fantastic system with a great library. But the Wii U is the go-to system for nintendo exclusives right now. (You should eventually get both though)

Smash bros

Mario Kart 8

Mario Party

Mario 3D world 

Captain toad treasure tracker

Pikmin 3

THE NEW FREAKING ZELDA GAME

The new Kirby

Bayonetta 2

Rayman freaking LEGENDS

Shovel knight

Donkey Kong tropical freeze.

theres soo many good games ;( I wanna cry.

Edited by shananiganyo

3DS.

Before anything. I speak as someone who did not grow up with Nintendo.

All of this is opinion on how Nintendo game systems look for someone who is not Nintendo affected :D

Wii U is a (sorry to all Nintendo fans) crappy piece of HW calling itself a console with a VERY limited library consisting mainly of Nintendo mainstream games.

3DS on the other hand has HW-wise crap compared to Vita very solid library of games because it's not limited only to Nintendo mainstreams. Plus, contrary to Wii U, it has a future. + it will be flooded with more Pokemon in the future =D

All together, I suggest 3DS but you should definitely select according to number of games you are interested in.

Expecting hate comments in 3...2...1... 

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Earlier last year I would've probably went straight to saying get a 3ds, but honestly, as of late the Wii-U's been shaping up a lot more, especially with the influx of incoming titles a la Splatoon, Xenoblade X, Yoshi's Wooly World, New Star Fox, and a rumored Metroid. To play it safe though starting off with a 3ds might be the better idea since you'll probably get a lot more out of it with it's current library judging by what you're interested in. Maybe get that first then later on down the line pick yourself up a Wii-U.

• 2 weeks later...