Has A Show Ever Emotionally Affected You?

Tomoko Kuroki

Has an anime, tv show or movie ever affected you emotionally more than you expected ?

For me it was White Album 2

I don't watch sad animes often but when I do It's stuck in my head for like a week, thinking about the characters/story and everything.I've seen most of the "top" ones but I just finished watching White album 2 and man did this show strike some vital points or what.I decided to stay up, I'm playing, thinking about the show and characters, grinding my teeth and my minds going 100 miles a minute !

Don't think I'll be sleeping tonight, 24 hours incoming ! ( I'm good at those luckily )

Does this happen to anyone or am I crazy ? ><

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki
  • Like 2

I don't think I've had that happen to me. Though I haven't really watched much sad animes. I've felt kind of sad at the end of some of them, like Samurai Champloo. But I always take something to go to sleep so it doesn't keep me up thinking about it.

I've seen most of the "top" ones but I just finished watching White album 2 and man did this show strike some vital points or what.

So glad you decided to watch this show.  :D

But I get what you mean, when a sad story is really well-constructed, it can dwell on your mind.  Best thing is just try to remember it's not real. :)

• Like 1

So glad you decided to watch this show.   :D

But I get what you mean, when a sad story is really well-constructed, it can dwell on your mind.  Best thing is just try to remember it's not real. :)

That usually works but my mind refused to back down for this show, I mean there's a lot of sad shows, but this one just got to me the most.

Glad I'm not the only one to feel this way though ^_^ Like eternal said I'm overthinking, I'll try to stop doing it after today xD

• Like 1

That usually works but my mind refused to back down for this show, I mean there's a lot of sad shows, but this one just got to me the most.

Glad I'm not the only one to feel this way though ^_^ Like eternal said I'm overthinking, I'll try to stop doing it after today xD

I think the reason why it's happening with White Album is because it's a very down-to-earth and realistic story, so it's easier to relate to.  (That's why I'm a massive fan of the VN and anime myself as well).  For example, although they can still have sad stories, it's harder to relate to anime like shounen/action-heavy anime since it's not true to life, you know?  :D

That 'Todokanai Koi' ending in the last episode though.   :(

• Like 1

Because... Tomoko watched anime so he/she asks if we are the same while watching anime?

Why should he/she say movie or show?

because by limiting to a particular genre (actually it is a sub-forum of that genre since it is only sad anime he is talking about) only people who watch that particular sub-genre can comment on this thread. Then in that case it might as well have been a status update.

That would be like me posting a thread saying "Does anyone else feel sad after watching Neo-Realist Italian film. I just watched Bicycle Thieves and I can't get the pain of the father out of my head"

because by limiting to a particular genre (actually it is a sub-forum of that genre since it is only sad anime he is talking about) only people who watch that particular sub-genre can comment on this thread. Then in that case it might as well have been a status update.

That would be like me posting a thread saying "Does anyone else feel sad after watching Neo-Realist Italian film. I just watched Bicycle Thieves and I can't get the pain of the father out of my head"

You sound really angry about this -.-

If I could change the threads title I would do it just for you, though feel free to post/talk about what shows have affected you :)

You sound really angry about this -.-

If I could change the threads title I would do it just for you, though feel free to post/talk about what shows have affected you :)

Angry? Why would you think I am angry o_O I looked back at both of my posts and there was nothing angry in either one?

I just think that this topic could include all genres of film/television and that way any one can participate. Trust me I deal with a lot of anime fans through my work and if you try to discuss animation that doesn't come from Japan, you usually get looked down upon (which also happened the one time I tried posting in the favourite anime thread).

If you are going to limit it to a particular sub-section of a particular genre you could easily have made this a status update.

But since we are on the subject, here is an amazing French animation that is both extremely funny and extremely sad :(

Edited by Dr_Mayus

After watching that Initialization episode of Mirai Nikki (i still have yet to see if there is any other episodes), and that School Days ending is just BLARRGHHHHH!

And many more, I think i did this for about a quarter an hour for each.

anime-blonde-crying-girl-sailor-moon-Fav

Edited by Lukika
  • Like 1

If you take into consideration the number of people in anime-related threads (like Have you watched or Last anime you watched), you would see that there is a considerable amount of anime fans here and status update wouldn't be enough.

Plus, making a thread is much more visible than status update.

And it was made for THIS limited genre because he/she wanted to especially ask this specific group of people. At least I believe so.

As for the all genres, or like you mentioned name this thread with TV Shows. If that happened, I wouldn't enter it, because I wouldn't think I could use anime examples.

Imo TV Show describes show with real actors.

I mean, what about this example: Someone wants to make a thread about favorite JRPG = also specific genre, but by your opinion you would want the person to make a thread "What is your favorite RPG?" =)

Imo there's nothing wrong with wanting opinion from only specific group of people :)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

But since we are on the subject, here is an amazing French animation that is both extremely funny and extremely sad :(

-Video snip-

I saw that some time ago on one of the movie channels I frequently watch. I actually felt kind of sad at the end of it. It's amazing how something with barely any dialogue gets to you.

Sadly the channels that showed it rarely ever show it or any other animated movies, which is a shame. They showed Paprika! and Tokyo Godfathers a few times from what I remember, but that was about it. But they will repeat Adam Sandler movies like no tomorrow -.-

I saw that some time ago on one of the movie channels I frequently watch. I actually felt kind of sad at the end of it. It's amazing how something with barely any dialogue gets to you.

Sadly the channels that showed it rarely ever show it or any other animated movies, which is a shame. They showed Paprika! and Tokyo Godfathers a few times from what I remember, but that was about it. But they will repeat Adam Sandler movies like no tomorrow -.-

The same director also made the animated feature Triplets of Belleville, which is also worth watching.

• Like 1

If anyone has seen this movie, you will know the scene I am talking about I think this movie may be one of the only ones I nearly cried.

exrJ56y.jpg

Also this was quite emoitional towards the ending, experencing someone going through something like this you really connec to this movie.

TMsr3YD.jpg

Almost everything I watch does that since I choose to only watch that kind of movies and anime (that. I know it sounds weird, but I actually like to board the feels train :P

Yeah I know, something's wrong with me :S

• 1 month later...