So. How did my account wind up on here in the first place?

Grample_Gust

I randomly found this website when a guy randomly messaged me about boosting Uncharted 2 MP. When i asked him about how he found me he said he found me on this website. But at the time i had never heard of PSNPROFILES before. So how did my profile wind up on here to begin with? Its not an issue but i was just wondering.

Edited by shananiganyo
  • Like 1

I believe that there was one point in time where if a user was tracked on this site, all of his friends on his friends list were also tracked. That could be why.

They took down the feature because of Sony pressuring him about privacy issues.

Edited by Blue Flare

It could be anybody. I've played against people in online mp matches and was curious about their other games. Psn is super slow to compare trophies on. It's much easier to just throw their name in and update their trophies on a laptop. The guy looking at a game's trophy list could have seen your name to the right as one of the recent players of that game and just hit you up. It's happened to me just oike that before.

• Like 1

It's an interesting question though and I have another, does this site track all PSN users? I look at the percentages of trophies and they are all quite different then the ones on my ps3 and ps4. The ranking for my country and the globe, is this correct? or just people tracked here.

It's an interesting question though and I have another, does this site track all PSN users? I look at the percentages of trophies and they are all quite different then the ones on my ps3 and ps4. The ranking for my country and the globe, is this correct? or just people tracked here.

As far as I believe, the site does not track all PSN users, only those whose name has been registered. On the homepage there is a number with how many users have been tracked. As for the percentages, I believe PSN tracks everyone who owns the game whether they have gotten a trophy or not or something like that so all the numbers are much rarer then on here. That can also be contributed to a high number of 'trophy hunters' on this site. Finally, the rankings are also for non-cheaters tracked here. That's why, if you go to another trophy site, they may be a few higher/lower (usually not by much)

As far as I believe, the site does not track all PSN users, only those whose name has been registered. On the homepage there is a number with how many users have been tracked. As for the percentages, I believe PSN tracks everyone who owns the game whether they have gotten a trophy or not or something like that so all the numbers are much rarer then on here. That can also be contributed to a high number of 'trophy hunters' on this site. Finally, the rankings are also for non-cheaters tracked here. That's why, if you go to another trophy site, they may be a few higher/lower (usually not by much)

Ok thanks, That explains why a few of my ultra rares are listed as %0.1 on psn and %0.95 here.

Ok thanks, That explains why a few of my ultra rares are listed as %0.1 on psn and %0.95 here.

On PSN, almost everything is UR..

And this is also the reason why PSNP decided to adapt the DLC rarity we have now. 

Because DLC rarity here is not achievers/all owners as on PSN but achievers/DLC owners (those who got at least one trophy in the DLC pack), that's another reason why the rarities are different =)

It's pretty much the best view-able difference. If you have some DLC trophy, then it's most likely >1% on PSN and >99% here.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

It's still a rather weird question to just pop up at this point though.  Shouldn't this have been the question that popped up when he was making his first post?

So you're saying that at no point in your life, a question just popped in your head about the past? Or just remembered that you wondered something a while ago? Come on, it's pretty natural to wonder about something that happened some time ago.

• Like 1

^That or one of your PSN friends updated your profile here to check out your trophy collection.

More than likely, this. ^

Anyone can type your name into the update bar. You don't even have to be registered as a forum user. Once they click update, your name is attached to the site. After reading this thread, I went back and updated an old profile that I used to play on, years before this site even existed, and checked out my old trophy profile. :D

More than likely, this. ^

Anyone can type your name into the update bar. You don't even have to be registered as a forum user. Once they click update, your name is attached to the site. After reading this thread, I went back and updated an old profile that I used to play on, years before this site even existed, and checked out my old trophy profile. :D

Did you play EyePet, Hannah Montana, The Smurfs 2 etc on that account too? :D