Trophies stopped unlocking

madbuk

I was playing this game, and enjoying it, but I decided to take a break and switched to Tomb Raider II instead. When I came back, no trophies were unlocking (the two that should've popped at least were :bronze:Breaking Wind and :bronze:Big, Tuff Buff & Ruff because they are story-related. :bronze:Hitting Your Stride should've popped too)

Does this mean I need to do this game in one session or else trophies stop unlocking? That seems rather silly if it's the case - good thing I'm not far in the game.

Edited by madbuk

What were the exact steps you took before you noticed they weren't unlocking?

Is the game digital? Do you switch memory cards? Etc.

I have experienced it before (so I know how vexing it can be) but don't know if its due to the same reason.

What were the exact steps you took before you noticed they weren't unlocking?

Is the game digital? Do you switch memory cards? Etc.

I have experienced it before (so I know how vexing it can be) but don't know if its due to the same reason.

It's digital. Basically, I closed the game, loaded up Tomb Raider and played it for a bit, then started up GoW Collection and reloaded my GoW II save and realized I had stopped getting trophies by the time I got to the point :bronze: Big, Tuff Buff & Ruff should've popped. Very frustrating.

The vita version is notorious for trophies not unlocking, there isn't really a 100% work around and I'm sorry to say but the trophies you missed out on will have to be re-earned on another playthrough. I've heard never hitting the ps button on your vita will prevent trophies from glitching. So instead of just peeling the game to close it, turn off your vita entirely. Its a hassle I know, but I've heard that works. I personally stopped playing after having gone through 2 playthroughs of glitched trophies before finding that info. Good luck man!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I remember reading somewhere that they will glitch if you ever hit the home button. When I played it, I started and never launched another app, synched my trophies or even hit the home button.

This is true. When playing through GoW1 I never had any issues. I would simply Pause and Lock the vita, never hitting the Home button. I ran into issues after beating GoW1 then hitting the home button to sync my trophies. After syncing them I started GoW2 and noticed no trophies were popping. (Resurrection should be the first trophy to pop - comes after climbing the wall with arms sticking out of it in Hades).

How to FIX:

1) Upload save to cloud/ps3/pc

2) Delete GoW from system

3) Re-download the game

4) Download save to system

Do NOT hit the HOME button. You can lock the vita all you want, but don't hit the home button or you may run into the issue of trophies not unlocking and have to re-download it again.

• 4 weeks later...

Iv just finished gowII on vita (physical copy) and weirdly its two specific silvers that havent unlocked - boss batch 3 and defeat zeus, which is strange as the gold for completing whole game did pop (though not initially - had to restart game). am i gonna hav to go through the whole game again? know if bonus costumes will disable trophies anyone?

daveyboy101.png

Edited by daveyboy101

Iv just finished gowII on vita (physical copy) and weirdly its two specific silvers that havent unlocked - boss batch 3 and defeat zeus, which is strange as the gold for completing whole game did pop (though not initially - had to restart game). am i gonna hav to go through the whole game again? know if bonus costumes will disable trophies anyone?

I don't think so, but it may depend on the trophy. I completed the game and the Shaky Ground trophy hadn't popped. I replayed in bonus play mode with the hydra armour costume and on getting to the required section, the trophy still didn't pop. That said, the trophies for activating the urns and levelling all equipment did pop. It's possible story related trophies don't pop in bonus mode because they are supposed to already have been achieved.

Edited by PoorPaddy89

I don't think so, but it may depend on the trophy. I completed the game and the Shaky Ground trophy hadn't popped. I replayed in bonus play mode with the hydra armour costume and on getting to the required section, the trophy still didn't pop. That said, the trophies for activating the urns and levelling all equipment did pop. It's possible story related trophies don't pop in bonus mode because they are supposed to already have been achieved.

Basically restarted game with fresh save and install and never touched the PS button (which Id heard can mess up trophies) and got the trophies I was owed :)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This is due to the home button like everyone said.

As long as you do not hit the home button you are fine. If you hit it then you have to replay wherever you saved last prior. If you screwed up and saved over after hitting the home button (assuming you have no backup saves) then you have to start from the beginning.

Edited by Ian Lee

This is due to the home button like everyone said.

As long as you do not hit the home button you are fine. If you hit it then you have to replay wherever you saved last prior. If you screwed up and saved over after hitting the home button (assuming you have no backup saves) then you have to start from the beginning.

I hit the home button all the time. There is no issue as long as this game stays the active game. Don't open other games, don't close the tab.

• 2 months later...

I had to say I kind of freaked out when I found this thread most of the way through GoW 2. I'd already hit the home button, synced trophies, closed the game, etc. I nervously completed the rest of the game half expecting trophies to not pop when they should but thankfully I ran into no problems at all. Only snag I had was missing an uber chest that necessitated most of another playthrough on bonus play.

Just wanted to let others know that what people are experiencing isn't guaranteed.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...