Online trophies is the 'assholest' thing ever done to gamers.

marnagra

Just because you can't get the trophy, does not mean the Dev's are stupid.

Just because you have terrible internet, does not mean the Dev's were wrong.

Just because you have an uneducated view on multiplayer, does not mean any of us actually care about your Opinion.

TL:DR; typical BS thread, full of whining babies.

• Like 2

Its a given the server will eventually go down sooner or later.

Well the Bioshock 2 Remaster wont have MP trophies. And its not a matter about easier but believe what you want. I know its hard to believe but a lot of ppl dont like MP for various reason. For most its not about making it easier.

Not entirely true, but server closure is implied mostly due to inactivity or the company reshuffling resources to the next game.

What the... 

Seriously... what the...

I don't even... what?!

I don't think you are seeing the correct point of this discussion, though.

I haven't been talking about difficulty of insane requirements. Obviously, those are problem for some, but if they can be boosted, why not?

The main point is that they may become unobtainable because they are online dependent.

These things usually make people avoid old games they would normally play. Because they can no longer achieve everything in the game.

The point is, NO ONE would complain if the trophies could be achieved offline with bots, be it after the server closure. 

But after server closure, it's THE END. Trophies are for collecting, if you can't achieve it because there is no way rather than you being unable to do it, it defeats the point.

Okay, I agree there could be non-online ways to achieve some trophies, but the majority of the responses has tried to abolish multiplayer trophies entirely. They implore you to explore the multiplayer aspect, and sure there are single-player gamers like yourself who do not wish to play those, but there are countless of games where the online/multiplayer aspect is as enriching as the single player aspect, so why shouldn't the list of trophies include both. Should MP only games not have trophies at all?

The closure of servers is unfortunate, we can't do anything about it, and this makes trophies disabled and become unobtainable. But the developers choose to do so, and honestly often times they give you plenty of time to get these.  Trophies are for collecting, but the term collecting can mean anything from amassing as much of as possible to selective collections where people choose what to collect. Therefore you starting a game with MP trophies have the choice of getting them or not. The reason the Platinum is tied to them because it is the greater reward for collecting all the trophies, and someone like yourself will only get the single player ones. 

Gamespy we couldn't have avoided. 

Most Sports games have online disabled due to the developers trying to focus their server resources on the newer titles. In short: it's the developers fault, not the MP trophies fault.

There are countless of MP experiences from the early days of PS3 which are still going, and frankly most of the ones that have been shutdown were due to inactive multiplayer. If there are no people playing the game there is no reason for the developers to keep it up. If you don't boost it by the time the game becomes inactive then us the players are at fault.

You have a choice before you play the game, or choose which trophies you get. The platinum often provides the challenge of conquering both Single Player and Multiplayer components of the game. If you can't accept that then buy single-player only games. 

This, exactly this is the reason why people keep complaining about online trophies. If servers never go down, there would be practically no complaining because the only reason you wouldn't be able to get a trophy is because you suck (to put it bluntly) at it. (Of course there's the rare exception, but it's called trophy hunting, put some effort in it or just don't do it and move on).

Bots or the Mass Effect option would fix it. But they dont so if a SP game has MP trophies and they arent easily and quicky boostable, I will just pass. If I want a long MP grind, I will play COD or something.

• Like 1

Should MP only games not have trophies at all?

Actually, on the contrary. They should have them. SP-only players would avoid these games and MP-oriented players could get them or not :D

I don't think anyone complains about online trophies in MP-only games, lol :D

I personally follow what you advised and choose mostly SP-only games, I only wanted to clarify what most people tried to convey :)

Hopefully I succeeded in that :D

After playing RE5 and now being forced to play these stupid slayers and survivors game-modes I can safely say **** online trophies.

Weren't those an optional DLC.. lol I doubt you're ever forced to do anything trophy related. You get them if you want to get them.

Actually, on the contrary. They should have them. SP-only players would avoid these games and MP-oriented players could get them or not :D

I don't think anyone complains about online trophies in MP-only games, lol :D

I personally follow what you advised and choose mostly SP-only games, I only wanted to clarify what most people tried to convey :)

Hopefully I succeeded in that :D

yea I guess but there are games who will have both and then if people like me like both aspects of gaming then they play those type of games and get those type of trophies. After all we choose the trophies we get and both types add value to trophy lists. 

A lot of people are bickering they cant get plats cause they don't want to play online, etc or they dont want to be involved with the MP grind. My point was to make people understand that if they dont like MP trophies it doesn't mean everyone does and that theyre not a bad thing.

Well interesting, where this discussion routes to ^^

In my case, the annoying thing is, that I began playing in 2015 and active trophy hunting at the end of 2015.

The point is just this, that I, who would like to play and plat games like Gran Turismo 5 (as example) and then I read, that servers are down.

There are much more games .. don't wanna write them now all down, but it's kinda annoying to know, that people, who began later, are not able to get those online trophys (and the plats) for those games anymore ...

The fact, that there is a plat and I can't archieve it cause of 1,2,3 or what ever how much trophys are not possible anymore, makes the game unattractive and I don't wanna play it anymore.

And that stuff goes worse after time.

If people begin then in 2020 with trophy hunting, I am sure, to play online on PS3 will be almost impossible, cause 70% of servers are down.

That's my reason for hoping, that Online Trophys - which get unarchievable - get switched to DLC trophys - so nobody loose trophys or points and platin is still archievable.

That makes those games still interesting and much funnier :)

Greetz

jB

• Like 1

Well interesting, where this discussion routes to ^^

In my case, the annoying thing is, that I began playing in 2015 and active trophy hunting at the end of 2015.

The point is just this, that I, who would like to play and plat games like Gran Turismo 5 (as example) and then I read, that servers are down.

There are much more games .. don't wanna write them now all down, but it's kinda annoying to know, that people, who began later, are not able to get those online trophys (and the plats) for those games anymore ...

The fact, that there is a plat and I can't archieve it cause of 1,2,3 or what ever how much trophys are not possible anymore, makes the game unattractive and I don't wanna play it anymore.

And that stuff goes worse after time.

If people begin then in 2020 with trophy hunting, I am sure, to play online on PS3 will be almost impossible, cause 70% of servers are down.

That's my reason for hoping, that Online Trophys - which get unarchievable - get switched to DLC trophys - so nobody loose trophys or points and platin is still archievable.

That makes those games still interesting and much funnier :)

Greetz

jB

Or the server isnt down just broke and the developer wont fix it. Like Darksiders 2 or Portal 2 for example.

Personally, I don't like online required trophies, generally speaking

Some are ok, like uncharted..try this online mode for 1 match, win or lose..trophy pops!

Then there's games like Tomb Raider, a completely single player game, with added in multiplayer..just because every game nowadays just has to have online multiplayer..that shit I can't stand..single player games forcing its way into the multiplayer category

Even when that game was brand new the online was dead, and some of the achievments were just a boring grindfest..

Then there's the games that have shut down servers

These games should have some type of work around for obtaining the online trophies either offline or with bots

I don't agree that they should just be given to you but EA is infamous with shutting down servers after the first year of the games release, why bother with their products when companies like Activision keep there servers up and running almost indefinitely

I recently just plat Quantum of Solace, made by TreyArch and Activision, a game almost what, 10years old with required online trophies..and guess what, the servers are still up, the online is a ghost town, like deader than dead while newer games, such as MLB the show, their games online servers are shut down nearly just 1 year after the games initial release

Personally, I try to avoid games with required online trophies, but if I do happen to play something with MP, I do that shit ASAP!

By the way, the Sony PS online store should have a bolded red topic title description on all of their products with unobtainable trophies/shut down servers

I would have personally saved a bit of cash on not purchasing a broken product

• Like 1

By the way, the Sony PS online store should have a bolded red topic title description on all of their products with unobtainable trophies/shut down servers

I would have personally saved a bit of cash on not purchasing a broken product

Well, Sony does not care about trophy hunters that much to do this =D

Lol online trophies aren't a dick move. It's poor programming that's a dick move. Need I say anything further than Ghost Recon: Future Soldier with its poor trophy explanation or the fact some of them needed to be done in a private match, or how about the Blast MVP trophy in the recent Star Wars Battlefront which was glitched for no proper reason other than whose PSN account did it.

But having challenges in a multiplayer setting isn't a dick move. I also don't think boycotting trophies from being in them is a good thing either, so here's a better solution.

Developers should stop being annoying and implement a bot mode into their multiplayer games. This is a work around to having to rely on servers that may get shutdown. I recently played Plants VS Zombies Garden Warfare 2 and having a bot zone helped with the almost dead on arrival servers. All multiplayer games should have this function to the smallest detail, like emulated ranked match systems in fighters.

Like Keiji once put it, "It's better than nothing". Now, does anyone know where my Kung Fu Panda servers be hiding?