Online trophies is the 'assholest' thing ever done to gamers.

marnagra

I'm not a fan of online trophies but making them add-on is very unlikely to happen.I mean the point of online trophies most of the time is to "force" you to try the online part and spend some time on it.

Also making them immediately earned if servers are closed would be a slap in the face of people who actually obtained them normally.

Assassin's creed Brotherhood has horrible online trophies,imagine how much people who gained all of them would be pissed if everybody got them by simply starting the game

• Like 4

Also not a fan of MP trophies. (even though I have gone for what I could on a select few games because I could do most myself.) Especially when they are included in the "base game" yet have nothing to do with the main game. I'm all for an online mode, for other people not myself, but don't add MP trophies to the "base game" keeping a good portion of people from obtaining the platinum. That's just dumb. These people don't help you progress through a story or anything. Why should a pointless multiplayer (looking at you every freakin CoD game) be part of obtaining 100% of the BASE GAME? Killing zombies and aliens in CoD has nothing to do with the game itself. This doesn't even weed out skilled players because with boosting those that actually competed for those trophies get lost in the mix.

Now one could argue that co-op story mode trophies are different as it means someone will in fact help you progress through the story...but forcing people to play just doesn't sit well with me. I agree that if there are MP trophies? Make them add ons, DLC's or release the game with those trophies as a "come with" DLC. They already release multiple maps and stuff for games why not just separate the MP list and the Base Game list from the beginning?

Keep in mind...this is only from a trophy standpoint. When it comes to gaming I look at many other things before the trophy list and if I think the game is going to be enjoyable enough I'm going to play it.

I tend to avoid games with online trophies that are a pain, because I know I will want to get them, and it will be a pain to do so. If they do include online trophies, they may earn less money.

Edited by MMDE

MP trophies, online or offline, suck (except for fighting games where I can cheat with a second controller) I sometimes buy a second copy and force my friends to help me get the trophies. 

so yea..online trophies are awful and the worst kind are MP specially ones like Dying Light's "Complete 5 quests in a single co-op game with the same 3 partners"

Edited by FKUSERNMS

Im fine with SOME online trophies like getting a couple kills with certain weapons, win a match on each gamemode etc. Now when you run into those trophies like Get to max rank, play 10 matches with the same teammates, unlock all weapon attachments and challenges those are the trophies that i hate going for. Imo online trophies should be something to test out multiplayer on that particular game not spend hours upon hours grinding for a couple trophies on a horrible overall multiplayer experience which most online games tend to have.

• Like 1

As much as I think R* make great games; they really make you work for those online trophies. Not saying a bit of online is not fun, but putting level based trophies in their games forces you to commit fully (if you want the platinum) and leaves little time for anything else. I would much prefer to play single player to be honest. Still, I suppose the Heist Trophies could have been a lot harder; something like passes all elite challenges on hard or something...

Edited by BOOTP

I completely disagree with monstergamer. Trophies should be earned not given away. This is one of the things Mass Effect 3 did right and I am disappointed more titles have not done since. ME3 had online trophies BUT there was an alternate way to win those same trophies in the campaign. Genius

That is a great alternative I admit but for example on my xbox 360 I played doritos crash course not realising I couldn't 100% it because the servers were down and its games like that where the trophies/achievements become completely unobtainable should be given so people like me aren't incredibly frustrated its on my list....

Make online trophies not count towards the platinum. 

Everyone's happy.. 

I believe they did this for Killzone 3, I think i saw someone had a killzone 3 Multiplayer trophy list alongside a regular one so people who don't play online could get the platinum! When I saw this I thought it would be a good thing to do for games like killzone.

I do agree with you on some points. Some games has certain online trophies that are too complicated or too cheap to be actually worthwhile like the typical "Get to Level 50" or "Kill 10,000 players" which really was only put there because they know it will force the trophy hunters to continuously play the game to get the online trophy, "increasing" the replay value. While I don't think they should just autopop the online trophies if the servers are shut down, why not just add in an alternate method to pop it offline. I think Mass Effect 3 had that option where you could either beat the game on Insane or finish 3 online Maps on Gold. That or patch it so you can get it offline with bots.

I do agree with you on some points. Some games has certain online trophies that are too complicated or too cheap to be actually worthwhile like the typical "Get to Level 50" or "Kill 10,000 players" which really was only put there because they know it will force the trophy hunters to continuously play the game to get the online trophy, "increasing" the replay value. While I don't think they should just autopop the online trophies if the servers are shut down, why not just add in an alternate method to pop it offline. I think Mass Effect 3 had that option where you could either beat the game on Insane or finish 3 online Maps on Gold. That or patch it so you can get it offline with bots.

The idea of having to do it with bots is bettter than my original opinion i think, it means you're still earning it which I like :)