Thoughts on Titan Souls

swainey97

I was expecting more shooty shooty and less frolicking, but I'm enjoying it. It has a soothing soundtrack, and is a nice change from Mortal Kombat X, where I'm constantly getting my ass handed to me. Actually no it isn't,I still get my ass handed to me in this game too.

The controls are responsive, some of the trophies are fun to get as side objectives, and the game is fun to play. I have heard of a cross save game breaking glitch though.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Enjoyment with this game boils down to whether you like being focused akin in Ninja Gaiden, Demon Souls or just want to relax. A friend of mine had enough after few hours because if you lose focus even for a fraction of a second or fail a timing, you'll die. Over and over again.

• 8 months later...

One complaint is you die often and then you have to trek back to the titan so that is a problem after a while.

Uh, this. Yes. So true. I KNOW the load times are short, the treks are also short, but still... when you die so much that short trek really stands out over time. I think Super Meat Boy just spoiled me with the nearly instantaneous restarts.

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

This game reminds me of the old legend of Zelda games mixed with Hotline Miami. The pixel art with the same kind of over the top view/3d style reminds me of Zelda ( the bow and arrow too), but the high stakes, constant dying, and frustration reminds me of Hotline Miami.

It's funstrating. You know, fun and fustrating?

• Like 1

Finished hard bizkit this afternoon, for someone like me with abysmal aim some of these bosses were absolutely painful.

Slime boss just sitting there missing the heart over and over, guardian I was hitting the moon just not the boss.

Some are painful and some I think would be near impossible, tho I went for easy ones it still took me an hour and a half and 140 deaths lol.

I know most have a route idea but, I'll mention some no Brainers that I did that were super fast.

Mushroom 5sec fight

Vine 20secs

Money chest 10secs

Graveyard mask 5sec

Graveyard hike 3mins

Yeti 5 secs

Mask with teeth 15 sec

There's 7 all quite easy especially if you don't miss 17 shots to 1 hit.

Best advice I can give for guardian is once both plates are activated and left hand flies over and lands, run straight down to avoid right hand if you don't go down you'll die 99.6% of the time.

Nice long range shot for the kill ...really let's you know how crap your aim is when it requires 50+ tries.

Sry for the wall of text but hope it helps someone. 

Good luck all.

Edited by ScracKy92
Bad English

Guy who doesn't fight back, Mask, Ice Serpent and Rollin' guy are all extremely easy to kill before they even have a chance to hit you really. Also worth doing for Ironmode Hardmode runs, I've had a lot of luck in reaching the final Guardian going through those particular fights, now if only I could finish the job... Chest, Yeti and Mountain are all pretty easy on normal mode as well without the need to roll, so I'd say go for those three plus the earlier four for your quota for No Roll.

As for Hardmode Ironmode, just ignore Yeti and Chest, seriously. They get super aggressive and will ruin your day. I am thankful there's no trophy for beating every boss on Hardmode Ironmode because I'd probably give up completely if that was true. Probably better off dealing with the spinning Skull and the Lava Blob for that run as they don't really change much when Hardmode is toggled. Hardmode Mountain can be a massive pain if he doesn't cooperate as well but can also be easy, just depends on luck. Hardmode Vine is probably a viable choice, but Shroom gets obnoxious.

Also The Soul is a pain in the ass. That is all I have to say about that asshole.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I'm a bit late to this, but having got all the hard trophies out of the way, it is an enjoyable, yet irritating game.

Look, it's hard. It's a game that I started when it first came out and gave up on it. You die A LOT. My first normal playthrough I died about 300 times, then my 'no roll' play through I died about the same amount of times. In a weird way I liken the difficulty to Sound Shapes. It doesnt appear hard, yet you die over and over... so it must be hard. There is also a lot of precision that is required.

If you can get through the 'no roll' mode you will get the Plat. Gol-Set on no roll mode (second last Boss with the 2 fists that fly around) is by far the hardest part of the game.