P.T to be taken off ps store this week

Mcbeanstr

Back on topic, according to Guillermo del Toro it's supposedly been cancelled. He was quoted on Twitter saying "It's not gonna happen and that breaks my greasy heart." Think we all saw this coming when the rumors first started up about Kojima and Konami.

I appreciate his greasy sense of humor in spite of the rumored news, if nothing else. xD

And the fact that "outside the trailer it looked crap" is probably the most subjective thing I've heard so far, so yes... let's just cut our losses here.

Actual gameplay was swing a stick a few times, go out of breathe, fall over and pant heavily for a few seconds and about 20 hours of fetch quests. I really doubt there'd have been much talk about this game if that was what was in the first trailer.

OK I admit it the panting might've won some people over.

I thought the game was alright, but that easily describes the majority of the experience. The game wasn't very visually interesting, compared to say dead rising, which is another zombie game with a melee combat focus. I'm not talking about game quality here with that first comment i'm talking about how that would look visually and i doubt it would sell 5 million+ units based on that kind of a video especially not on preorders.

BTW I you literally said people didn't know what they had until they put the disc into the console, that would show how much you think people were paying attention to the prerendered trailer. There was representive gameplay out there.

Edited by Superbuu3

I was hoping we'd get fatal frame but thats going to be a Wii U exclusive.

Maybe we'll get lucky and a get a haunting Grounds sequel.

Lol, it's so weird to see Nintendo own half a franchise again. Nah, 5 is going to be Wii U only due to Nintnedo funding it apparently. Haunting grounds sequel may come considering Capcom is whoring itself to the highest bidder. 

Back on topic, according to Guillermo del Toro it's supposedly been cancelled. He was quoted on Twitter saying "It's not gonna happen and that breaks my greasy heart." Think we all saw this coming when the rumors first started up about Kojima and Konami.

It was inevitable but I am kind of heartbroken that it's official now :(

This is Sega and Rockstar's chance to bring back the superior Manhunt and Condemned. 

All I want from R* is a new Red dead and more info on Agent or Ag4nt

Probabley because 3to4 out of each 10 person who plays it simpley experiences heart attacks.

And they tought this is a threat to humanity. :facepalm:

That was the beauty about the demo. It felt unique and terrifying at the same time, I personally haven't completed the portrait because I couldn't take that tension.

P.T. = PLAYABLE TEASER

Why should they keep the teaser to the game out, when the Actual fucking game is coming out??¿

Logic...

Ummm, the actual game isn't coming out. The project is being cancelled. They are pulling it because there is no reason to have a teaser out there for a game that doesn't exist.

Ummm, the actual game isn't coming out. The project is being cancelled. They are pulling it because there is no reason to have a teaser out there for a game that doesn't exist.

And when the DEV's say that I'll accept it. A tweet re-tweeted by someone is Not proof of a discontinuation. 

And when the DEV's say that I'll accept it. A tweet re-tweeted by someone is Not proof of a discontinuation. 

That's a fair point, but the fact that Kojima will not be involved, Del Toro (co-producer) has stated that the game will not happen, and that the P.T is being pulled, I think it's safe to say that it is being cancelled. At least this vision of Silent Hills. Sure, Konami could revisit the franchise years down the road and bring in an entire new team but that's a totally different topic. The project that Kojima and Del Toro were working on will never exist. 

Btw, it wasn't just a tweet re-tweeted by someone. Del Toro made the comment last night during a Q&A at the San Francisco Film Festival. 

People need to stop thinking of Kojima as a god.

He is just a developer.

Just like any other in gaming industry, no more, no less.

And if he leaves Konami I don't care.

I will not forget the $30 demo. greedy idea, greedy developer.

I agree with your sentiment that he isn't a god, but to assume he had anything to do with Ground Zeroes pricing is unfair. Normally decisions like that are at the publisher level - seeing as it doesn't make any difference to overall thing he's making.

To say he's like any other developer is also selling him short by a considerable margin.  The products that he's been responsible for have all been created at the highest quality.  Whether you like it or not is separate, but the meat and potatoes are wholesome.

Well they weren't lying if you don't have it in your library you can't access it.

Not only that, they've pulled it completely.  If it isn't downloaded, it no longer exists for you.
  • Like 1

I agree with your sentiment that he isn't a god, but to assume he had anything to do with Ground Zeroes pricing is unfair. Normally decisions like that are at the publisher level - seeing as it doesn't make any difference to overall thing he's making.

To say he's like any other developer is also selling him short by a considerable margin.  The products that he's been responsible for have all been created at the highest quality.  Whether you like it or not is separate, but the meat and potatoes are wholesome.

The funny thing with people complaining about ground zeroes being a $30 demo is that, people literally paid $50 for the Final Fantasy XV demo, without even caring about type-0.

• Like 2

The funny thing with people complaining about ground zeroes being a $30 demo is that, people literally paid $50 for the Final Fantasy XV demo, without even caring about type-0.

Even better, don't forget Zone of the Enders that came with the Metal Gear Solid 2 demo.