Uncharted 2 - 100%

Hello, everyone. I'm almost done with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (I only have the Crushing trophy left.) I plan to play this one as well. The thing is, I loathe multiplayer trophies. Hate 'em. The MP trophies for the platinum look easy to do. As a person that usually goes for 100% I will probably do so with this as well. I'm not gonna play this immediately after getting my platinum for U:DF as I have a few games I'd like to play before.

Anyway, I was wondering, are the DLC trophies a pain? I will try to get them and will boost them as I can see there are a lot of gaming sessions, which is good. I would just like to get an insight on how the MP DLC trophies are, how hard, annoying or time consuming they are. Thanks for reading. :-)

Edited by HolyFad

Speaking as a man that's gotten the 100% in all three Uncharted games, I can safely say that Uncharted 2's 100% is very much do-able. However, it is time-consuming and you'll need reliable partners. I'm not so sure how busy the servers are these days, so the wins might be tricky at this late stage of the game's life-cycle. But again, if you have reliable boosting partners it shouldn't be too hard. 

As for Uncharted 3... Stay the fuck away. I mean, like, right the fuck away. As a person who loathes online trophies like yourself, it was a nightmare of which I'm only recently free. I'd recommend thinking about Uncharted 2 and scooping out boosting groups before loading the trophy list onto your profile. I would also recommend never adding Uncharted 3 onto your list unless you're willing to spend hours upon hours of your life in pursuit of the 100%.

Edited by Gotakibono
  • Like 4

Speaking as a man that's gotten the 100% in all three Uncharted games, I can safely say that Uncharted 2's 100% is very much do-able. However, it is time-consuming and you'll need reliable partners. I'm not so sure how busy the servers are these days, so the wins might be tricky at this late stage of the game's life-cycle. But again, if you have reliable boosting partners it shouldn't be too hard. 

As for Uncharted 3... Stay the fuck away. I mean, like, right the fuck away. As a person who loathes online trophies like yourself, it was a nightmare of which I'm only recently free. I'd recommend thinking about Uncharted 2 and scooping out boosting groups before loading the trophy list onto your profile. I would also recommend never adding Uncharted 3 onto your list unless you're willing to spend hours upon hours of your life in pursuit of the 100%.

First of all, congrats on your 100%! That really is bad news for me as I really want to go for it. I want to get the trophies and if I start I'll probably won't stop until I get the 100%. I think I might do U2 but U3 sounds horrible, I might just play through the story once for U3.

Edited by HolyFad
  • Like 1

First of all, congrats on your 100%! That really is bad news for me as I really want to go for it. I want to get the trophies and if I start I'll probably won't stop until I get the 100%. I think I might do U2 but U3 sounds horrible, I might just play through the story once for U3.

Thank you. :) I wish I could give you less cynical advice, but I'd hate to see you put the game on your list only to realise the magnitude of the commitment later on. I mean, if you want to go for it then cool, but I'm not going to lie and say it's anything other than a fucker to 100%. In the time it takes to 100% Uncharted 3, you could easily platinum ten or more great games - I'd say do that instead. 

Best of luck with Uncharted 2 if you end up going for it!

Edited by Gotakibono
  • Like 1

Shame to miss out on this game just because of a few mp dlc trophies. Play the game and enjoy it I'd say!

He's young and unseasoned, still thinks the 100% ratio is obtainable. Give him a couple more months / games, he'll find out soon enough.

I plat'd U3, didn't do a single thing with the DLC though, without the DLC, it's like 50 something percent complete, so since you do care about your completion ratio, I don't know, it's a tough one.

It depends on how many games you plan on playing and whether buying lots of mediocre dlc is worth investing all that time and money.

I see many + level 30 players who pluck their hair out of frustration for the sake of maintaining their 100% completion, even skipping great titles such as uncharted or outlast due to difficulty or dlc trophies. The majority of dlc costs way more than a physical copy of the game and also, it rarely ever is worth the money. Burial at Sea from Bioshock and Episodes from Liberty City (GTA4) were fantastic additions to the story, but generally speaking dlc is just not that great really.

If you're adamant about your PPS I'd suggest playing UC3 on a dummy account, don't let silly trophies keep you from playing good games

• Like 4

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I have tons of games in my backlog to get through and the other two  Uncharted games are near the bottom of it. Not going to play either of them for now. The replies have been a great help. And thanks for the advice, Delfinah, might do as you say and play them on a dummy account. Probably not going to put in the effort and just play through it on Normal difficulty. People might judge me for doing this but I don't really care. I know if I start it I won't let leave it at anything less than 100%. 

Adiós. :D

Edited by HolyFad

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I have tons of games in my backlog to get through and the other two  Uncharted games are near the bottom of it. Not going to play either of them for now. The replies have been a great help. And thanks for the advice, Delfinah, might do as you say and play them on a dummy account. Probably not going to put in the effort and just play through it on Normal difficulty. People might judge me for doing this but I don't really care. I know if I start it I won't let leave it at anything less than 100%. 

Adiós. :D

Well if you know that starting it means you wont settle for less than 100% then crack on with it pal!! I am nearly done with UC2 plat and then I will be starting DLC and recruiting partners. If you want to join add me and we will get it done. Great 100% to have on your profile!!

• 1 month later...

HolyFad@: i really suggest you stop caring about your completon ratio, it doesn't mean anyting. I mean, look at your average rarity for your trophies, it is really poor. And, how much ultra rare trophy do you have? I see.. wait, a zero? Yes, it is a zero.

I'll tell you, your ratio means right now nothing. You should play thereafter for the pleasure. This ratio obsession is stupid: indeed, you should move that obsession in real life. That is my advice man.

Also, only 10% of the player visit this site, so you really want to loose your time, where maybe only 0,1% of that will look your profile? ..

And for your question, no the trophy aren't pain. I got them naturally, with no effort. In trophy guides, they tell you Uncharted 3 can take 400h. The treasure sets are the longest. Me i already had them all when the dlc patch was released, so i got the 2 trophies for the treasures in 2 sec.  I liked all the modes, and my friends were also good so we did wins really easy, taking 5 min per match.. i would say in all it took me 40h for me. (i need to precise here i wasn't boosting)

For uncharted 2, only the protector trophy in plunder was a pain in the ass, the others weren't. And the story is AWESOME. If it was a movie, it would have won an Oscar.

Edited by bunshing
  • Like 2

Yeah, Uncharted 2 is not a real pain. Of all the time I spent boosting and playing legit, I put about 50 total hours, mainly because I never boosted 2500 kills since I was actually good at the game, and getting 50 objective/elimination wins was just annoying, as hardly anyone played and those who did play were pretty damn skilled at the game, like mostly level 45 and above, even into those with level 70 and 80 emblems. Out of the 23 trophies, 5 are coop focused, where the hardest thing to do is probably completing the Village coop map on both Hard and Crushing difficulties, and ALWAYS pick Plaza for Gold Rush, Siege, and Survival, as it's the most open map out of all of them, giving you tons of wiggle room. In terms of competitive multiplayer trophies, the ones you should focus on boosting are Sneaky...; Tastes Like Chicken; Rapid Fire!; Jack of All Trades; You Run, I'll Shoot; Kneel Before Z...; and probably Rock a Rhyme. I was able to get that legit by just playing, and sometimes I got 9-10 medals in a single match. Game wins come with time, along with 200 Captured medals, and best method for Afterlife medals legit when going for the Fallen Angel trophy is to get up close to an enemy who's about to kill you and aim all the way towards the ground and throw a grenade. You can normally get about 3-4 a match.

HolyFad@: i really suggest you stop caring about your completon ratio, it doesn't mean anyting. I mean, look at your average rarity for your trophies, it is really poor. And, how much ultra rare trophy do you have? I see.. wait, a zero? Yes, it is a zero.

I'll tell you, your ratio means right now nothing. You should play thereafter for the pleasure. This ratio obsession is stupid: indeed, you should move that obsession in real life. That is my advice man.

Also, only 10% of the player visit this site, so you really want to loose your time, where maybe only 0,1% of that will look your profile? ..

And for your question, no the trophy aren't pain. I got them naturally, with no effort. In trophy guides, they tell you Uncharted 3 can take 400h. The treasure sets are the longest. Me i already had them all when the dlc patch was released, so i got the 2 trophies for the treasures in 2 sec.  I liked all the modes, and my friends were also good so we did wins really easy, taking 5 min per match.. i would say in all it took me 40h for me. (i need to precise here i wasn't boosting)

For uncharted 2, only the protector trophy in plunder was a pain in the ass, the others weren't. And the story is AWESOME. If it was a movie, it would have won an Oscar.

I like this post so much i not only liked it I had to quote it.

I didn't really think about it before but you're right the number of people who'd even notice a specific profile is tiny and of the few people who'd bother looking they'd be able to tell at a glance if people were just playing easy games.

• Like 1

I probably do need to stop caring about my ratio but I'm not going out of my way to play easy games (excuse Aabs Animals :P), I just play games I like. I will probably come across a game with trophies I won't be able to complete and I'm fine with that. That will probably show my limits as to how hard I can go in getting trophies. I don't do it for others who look at my profile to show off my high completion rate (I don't even have any particularly hard trophies on my profile anyway), I just do it for the satisfaction I get when I finish games 100% and to get rid of that annoying feeling I get when I don't have games at 100%

Edited by HolyFad

I like this post so much i not only liked it I had to quote it.

I didn't really think about it before but you're right the number of people who'd even notice a specific profile is tiny and of the few people who'd bother looking they'd be able to tell at a glance if people were just playing easy games.

hahaha thanks man. And it is the truth: per exemple i have 478 views in my profile but guess what? I think the 478 is me going on my profile 478 times lol. Playing hard games makes add some kind of honor to a player.

(Overseer ugh! Hoader ugh!!)

will you punch me if i tell you i did that 30 times? haha :P

will you punch me if i tell you i did that 30 times? haha :P

Haha I did it "2 players" (if we talking bout overseer) but yeah still need that 3rd player as buttplug for 4th spot, maybe he kill noone but make the job alot easier. (Or we talking bout hoarder ;)) kek. 

Haha I did it "2 players" (if we talking bout overseer) but yeah still need that 3rd player as buttplug for 4th spot, maybe he kill noone but make the job alot easier. (Or we talking bout hoarder ;)) kek. 

yes i was talking about Overseer. So you did it with 2 players only, uh? This is pretty awesome, it's something to be proud of! But i don't understand the part where you need a "3rd for the 4th spot". You already did overseer, do you need to do it again?

I probably do need to start caring about my ratio but I'm not going out of my way to play easy games (excuse Aabs Animals :P), I just play games I like. I will probably come across a game with trophies I won't be able to complete and I'm fine with that. That will probably show my limits as to how hard I can go in getting trophies. I don't do it for others who look at my profile to show off my high completion rate (I don't even have any particularly hard trophies on my profile anyway), I just do it for the satisfaction I get when I finish games 100% and to get rid of that annoying feeling I get when I don't have games at 100%

that's fine man :) i thought you were that kind of trophy hunter that only plays for platinum and completion. Meanwhile, easy games are fine, really fine. Look, i played Hannah Montana lol but i hope in the futur that this addiction won't stop you from playing other awesome games, such as Far cry and Killzone. Because you care for the moment about 100%, i'll suggest you to wait for the triology of uncharted that is coming out on ps4, on October 7th, like the previous guy wrote about.

Because the uncharted serie is a MUST PLAY serie.

Edited by bunshing

well, i think there is an misunderstanding here: there is no "do that and don't do that". The subject of my comment was, the first half, an opinion, and the second half, an answer. But that "Never stop caring about something" is true. But there is something, that you probably didn't saw at University, i dunno what you stydied in: an addiction can create a certain personality disorder. My comment was meant to see an other point of view, so the addiction can reduce and produce less negative impacts.

Sadly, if you think the community is selfish and doesn't care about others, you have the proof here that it doesn't. It's up to him to take it, or leave it. But he won't be in the ignorance anymore. I won't be mad at him because he wants to poursue what he wants to do.

What an odd tone to take - an heir of condescension has struck me with your first paragraph, maybe I'm reading into it a bit too far.

Addiction is a term that's thrown around far too often - I know the term has loosened in that it can now simply be an over expressed/exaggerated term for someone who is impassioned with an activity, but i don't see any detrimental potential here.

Addiction, and I'm using the clinical definition for my purposes, can also be a healthy thing.  If someone is addicted to ensuring that their homework is completed as soon as they receive it, one could view that as a highly positive characteristic.

Further, people who are addicted to a perceived bad activity, i.e. alcoholism, can still be functioning addicts.

Back to the topic at hand, I find it to be a presumptuous stance that an "addiction" requires "correcting".  Reducing an addiction is slight misnomer also, you can't have varying degrees of addiction - especially with something so specific.  What would a lessening of the addiction be in this instance?  Obsessed with a 95% completion rate for example?

If, in someone's spare time, they wish to pour themselves into a completion percentage, why is that necessarily an unhealthy thing.  I can talk personally about this, because I like to get every last drop out of any game that I play.  Are you going to tell me this is a negative trait?  

I would beg to differ, my stance on games echoes my stance on everything I do - if I'm engaging in something I put my all into it and get the very best result that I can.  Is that a personality disorder?

Where did I say the community is selfish or bears a lack of care?  Another wildly presumptuous thing to say, and I would rather judgment, if any has to be made, be cast on my actual words and not suppositions of the judge.

• Like 2

Honestly, it's not worth doing. I use to care about completion ratio, but the Uncharted MP trophies are so tedious and time-wasting that I think it's much more respectable to have a simple plat on the game. 

yea single plat is easy. Multiplayer is kind of time-wasting if you don't like the game. Furthermore, finding good boost partners will be a pain in the ass. I'm glad i did all of that legit in the gold days B)

Edited by bunshing