Omar280792's Platinum Plateau - Trophies Elevated

Omar

Very Impressive list, pretty jealous of all those RPG platinums.

Oh and Catherine  :holy:

Thanks!! I've definitely put some serious time into RPGs and JRPGs lol and Catherine is my latest acquisition, still getting over how cool my Plateau looks now xD

Awesome plat list man. Cheers to your Watch Dogs platinum man.

Thanks mate, I had quite the hiatus between tackling story and side stuff, but it's all done now, that's all that matters. Hopefully Ubi will soon tease Watch Dogs 2 :P

1st sentence:

Thanks! Sometimes I like to add humor to most of my "serious" opinions. Glad to see it worked somehow haha.

1st paragraph:

Spot-on example there, though imo XV still retains the vibe that it will be similar to the first trailer in certain things (some boss battles, mechanics, etc). I don't know why, but I also felt a KH inspiration here and there since the first glimpse, so that makes me expect a lot from this game. Most vaporwaves that see the light retain certain aspects from their first glimpse, and I believe that's crucial to make it sell more.

2nd paragraph:

Hmm, now that's something I hadn't heard before, usually games turn into vaporwaves because they have something that interests a high quantity of people almost immediately (game made by Rockstar, sequel to one of the greatest games, etc.) so it's somehing interesting to take note of. My guess here (taking your "meh game" opinion based on first impressions) is that this certain game had something that appealed to a small group of people, this group, in turn, used whatever communication media they had to promote (and sometimes exagerate) the small good things they found on it. Their opinions did the job of persuading more and more people to take notice of this game, and you know the rest.

I like how XV is turning out based on what I've read, though the female char. change is something we'll have to cast a critical eye on. I don't want her to turn into a "damsel-in-distress" or the "there's no more use to me than being a simple love interest for protagonist" with 0 char. development.

On the other hand, glad to see your vaporwave has paid off in good way. When I got to see the confirmation trailer for mine (most hyped), I almost did a desk flip meme  :lol:.

Final sentence:

Ah, many rumors leaked, and imo what David Jaffe did was a double edged move: it's ok to be mad, but in turn you made even more people have certainty that all rumors are confirmed. This E3 is going to be interesting indeed hahaha.

Cheers.

The thing with XV is irritating if you think about it thoroughly, which is why I simply stopped thinking about it and chose to trust their new vision, which seems to be pretty faithful to what Versus was. The Stella thing is their top mistake, but let's hope Luna can achieve what Stella most certainly would've.

What I meant by meh games was referred to both the little footage people hype and the finished, not-vaporwave-anymore project once it comes out. Duke Nukem Forever was hyped, begged, worshipped when it was announced, and then bashed, stepped on and dismissed when it came out because people say it was awful (don't really know because I'm not into Duke Nukem)

Taking The Last Guardian as example, we know for certain Ueda won't make a bad game (he simply doesn't know how to do that lol) so the result will be good and the hype will have been worth it. However, Duke Nukem fans' hype didn't get a resonant equivalence upon the game's release. 

Let's now look at the other side of the hype scale (vaporwave aside this time): The Last of Us was hyped, worshipped when it was announced, and then hyped and worshipped even more when it came out because Naughty Dog built a masterpiece. In this case, people had their reason to believe the game was going to be good (consistent flow of trailers and gameplay set pieces) but with vaporwave games, I feel like a point of measure is needed to avoid excessive idealisation, as that could lead to huge disappointment. 

• Like 2

The thing with XV is irritating if you think about it thoroughly, which is why I simply stopped thinking about it and chose to trust their new vision, which seems to be pretty faithful to what Versus was. The Stella thing is their top mistake, but let's hope Luna can achieve what Stella most certainly would've.

What I meant by meh games was referred to both the little footage people hype and the finished, not-vaporwave-anymore project once it comes out. Duke Nukem Forever was hyped, begged, worshipped when it was announced, and then bashed, stepped on and dismissed when it came out because people say it was awful (don't really know because I'm not into Duke Nukem)

Taking The Last Guardian as example, we know for certain Ueda won't make a bad game (he simply doesn't know how to do that lol) so the result will be good and the hype will have been worth it. However, Duke Nukem fans' hype didn't get a resonant equivalence upon the game's release. 

Let's now look at the other side of the hype scale (vaporwave aside this time): The Last of Us was hyped, worshipped when it was announced, and then hyped and worshipped even more when it came out because Naughty Dog built a masterpiece. In this case, people had their reason to believe the game was going to be good (consistent flow of trailers and gameplay set pieces) but with vaporwave games, I feel like a point of measure is needed to avoid excessive idealisation, as that could lead to huge disappointment. 

1st:

Yes, it can become irritating depending on someone's take. After all, people have different points of view for change of visions/directions. As an addition, It sounds a bit hard choosing to trust new visions, as some gamers prefer to jump into the hate train instead haha.

2nd:

Oooh my mistake, I took it the wrong way. Now regarding Duke Nukem...well, I can only say you never know what to expect from a vaporwave, some are great, others...not so good.

3rd:

-My conscious side: "even the greatest might fall."

-Me:  :rolleyes:  shut up, Fumito Ueda has an awesome antecedent and I'm expecting The Last Guardian to be a blast. So get back to the depths of my mind and let me enjoy the E3 :P

Antecedents play an important roll overall eh?

4th: 

The more hype you build, the more love you have to put into a videogame. On the other hand, in vaporwave scenario, that's one of the greatest advices there...a bit hard to pull off though  :lol:

Well my friend. I don't have anything else to add from here. If another user here takes interest, he/she might add something great to discuss regarding the topic (I dread to know the size of the quotes though).

It has been a pleasure to talk- erm...I mean writing and discussing with you about this. Hopefully we'll meet again on the next "congrats/short opinion" comment when you achieve another plat, or the next topic. Whichever comes first.

I apologize if I turned this discussion to be annoying or rude in any way.

Cheers!

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 2

Well my friend. I don't have anything else to add from here. If another user here takes interest, he/she might add something great to discuss regarding the topic (I dread to know the size of the quotes though).

It has been a pleasure to talk- erm...I mean writing and discussing with you about this. Hopefully we'll meet again on the next "congrats/short opinion" comment when you achieve another plat, or the next topic. Whichever comes first.

I apologize if I turned this discussion to be annoying or rude in any way.

Cheers!

Not annoying, not rude, more like you brough discussion to life! Thanks for sharing all your thoughts and stopping by xD

Next week's topic will be E3-ish so feel free to stay tuned and participate if you feel like it. Platinum #61 will arrive over the weekend probably so that will go first :D

• Like 1

:platinum: #61 - 100% Complete (Little Big Planet 2)

1L8d60cc.png

Earn all Little Big Planet 2 trophies to unlock this platinum trophy

.Achieved: June 13th, 2015

.PSNP's RS: Very Rare

.Difficulty: 2

.Enjoyment: 6

Little Big Planet screams fun and that remains untouched on LBP2!! I had tons of fun going through its story mode, but I could've used a bit more of a challenge. Gameplay variety is definitely up from its predecessor, and it helps in positioning prize bubbles in much smarter places, making the collectible wrap-up super fun. That, plus minigames: fun overload!! The one issue I encountered was with MP trophies because the game is basically dead, but I slowly got it all done! Also, Media Molecule shouldn't ask us to create levels for 24 HOURS, that's mental xD

• Like 4

:platinum: #61 - 100% Complete (Little Big Planet 2)

1L8d60cc.png

Earn all Little Big Planet 2 trophies to unlock this platinum trophy

.Achieved: June 13th, 2015

.Difficulty: 2

.Enjoyment: 6

Little Big Planet screams fun and that remains untouched on LBP2!! I had tons of fun going through its story mode, but I could've used a bit more of a challenge. Gameplay variety is definitely up from its predecessor, and it helps in positioning prize bubbles in much smarter places, making the collectible wrap-up super fun. That, plus minigames: fun overload!! The one issue I encountered was with MP trophies because the game is basically dead, but I slowly got it all done! Also, Media Molecule shouldn't ask us to create levels for 24 HOURS, that's mental xD

Awesome, congrats :yay:. I couldn't bring myself to finish it because of the 24 hours and diving in. The online community really ruined if for me. 

• Like 1

Awesome, congrats :yay:. I couldn't bring myself to finish it because of the 24 hours and diving in. The online community really ruined if for me. 

Thanks mate xD the 24 Create hours were good for me because I could watch TV series or check out pre-E3 news while pressing  :square: non-stop, I slowly got there lol diving in was a pain though, the servers are basically garbage and the online is pretty dead, I had to literally force some people into my level right after they dove in my pod hahaha

Congrats on your new plat!
:yay: :yay:

And I hope next topic is not related to a certain video I saw today, else it's gonna be hard (for me) to discuss without letting my hype and far fetched dreams coming out every now and then :awesome:

Back to the plat: ...well, not much to think about it. I haven't played it but it's nice to have a heads-up. Online dead, creating levels for 24 hours (I agree with you here, this sounds nuts).

Congrats again :D and Keep it up.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

Congrats on your new plat!

:yay: :yay:

And I hope next topic is not related to a certain video I saw today, else it's gonna be hard (for me) to discuss without letting my hype and far fetched dreams coming out every now and then :awesome:

Back to the plat: ...well, not much to think about it. I haven't played it but it's nice to have a heads-up. Online dead, creating levels for 24 hours (I agree with you here, this sounds nuts).

Congrats again :D and Keep it up.

Thanks buddy!! Monday's topic is a very general one, so you and everyone will get a chance to speak up your minds, as I'll speak mine at the end of the week xD

• Like 1

Monday marks the beginning of a new.....

:blah: Conversations on the Plateau  :blah:

E3 2015 is upon us!! I want this to be a spot for you to comment on what is announced and to express how excited you are about that game you are really looking forward to or about how bummed you are because of dem bad jokes by that annoying host xD

At the end of the week, I will go, presser by presser, commenting my thoughts on what was shown and what wasn't lol let's share the hype!!  :awesome:

Topic stays up until Monday June 22nd

Edited by Omar
  • Like 1

Monday marks the beginning of a new.....

E3 2015 is upon us!! I want this to be a spot for you to comment on what is announced and to express how excited you are about that game you are really looking forward to or about how bummed you are because of dem bad jokes by that annoying host xD

At the end of the week, I will go, presser by presser, commenting my thoughts on what was shown and what wasn't lol let's share the hype!!  :awesome:

Topic stays up until Monday June 22nd

Hmm, I don't know about this topic. Looks similar to another thread...oh, well.

My hype is over 9000 for Fallout 4!!!!

About the impressions:

-Graphics (visuals): I would absolutely agree with almost every critic towards graphics...but I decided to see and read how these games fare.

First of all, you have to take a look at the amount of things you can do on the previous entry's world. It was a big one right?

In Fallout 4 it gives the impression it's gonna be even bigger. They even took the time to include as many physics as they could in order to make it more real (in terms of gameplay and environment).

In short, they are sacrificing visuals for interaction, physics, a big world, etc.

It must be hard to maintain amazing visuals while trying to sustain such a world. So imo it's understandable it looks like a ps3 game.

-Interactivity:

--Building your home/settlement: well, we have more things to do. It was nice that we get to make our own settlement and try to defend it from raiders, etc. as it might give us the feeling of survival. They are probably aiming to make you feel even more immersed in the post-apocalyptic environment. Nice touch indeed.

--Crafting: absolutely necessary imo. Now it isn't just "pick up the best weapon" and blast away. More thinking and tactics to use.

-Story: The pre-war time gives us the vibe it's gonna be richer in story than 3. Protagonist has a family, wife can be customized and even selected as female char...soooo I don't think they're gonna leave them just dead and gone when bombs fall.

That's it, not much else to add...except that screaming goat again.

• Like 1

Now we can say E3 2015 delivered big time!! 

If I had to rank the presentations it would be as follows:

1. Sony

2. Microsoft

3. Square-Enix

4. EA

5. Ubisoft

6. Nintendo

Sony slayed to be honest, but the winner here is Square Enix, showing both a remake for FFVII and Kingdom Hearts 3 and with Gamescom and the FFXV promotional blowout happening in 2 months......we are off to quite some great times!! xD

My laptop is temporally busted so I won't be able to add cool chatty emojis this week, but it's Monday soooo....

Conversations on the Plateau time!!

This week's topic is rather straightforward: tell me about your favorite gaming genre!! You can share your thoughts until Monday June 29th xD

What happened to your laptop, Omar?

Conversations on the Plateau:

Overall, my favourite gaming genre is Role-playing games followed by the Adventure genre (specifically the Puzzle subgenre).

For RPGs, I was basically introduced to them through Final Fantasy (VIII being my first one) and have been a big fan of them since then. I still have so many RPGs to discover and play (I hadn't even played a "Tales of" game until 2013), which I personally think is really nice :D My favourite RPG is Final Fantasy IX.

For adventure games (Puzzle adventure genre), there are so many great games out there like the Monkey Island series, The Longest Journey (and Dreamfall/Dreamfall Chapters), Grim Fandango, Sam & Max franchise, Syberia series, the Post Mortem/Still Life games, etc. I enjoy the ones that are closest to the classic point-and-click system, and I enjoy the (sometimes very insane) game logic that comes to the various puzzles found throughout the numerous adventure games.

• Like 1

What happened to your laptop, Omar?

The port where I have to plug the battery charger is busted, so my laptop has as much battery as the battery does xD I need to have the port fixed in order to be able to use it again. Luckily the issue is pretty simple and fixing it won't be too expensive, I will have it ready very soon.

Also, thanks for your input, let's hope more people join in :D

• Like 2

Marcelo as usual ahead of me xD

The clouds clear out above the Plateau, as one platinum trophy descends from the sky!

:platinum: #62 - Completion (Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster)

1L912811.png

Obtain all available trophies

.Achieved: June 26th 2015

.Difficulty: 7

.Enjoyment: 9

I have at last completed the remaster!! I am so happy about this one, I got 100% story completion months ago but kept procrastinating Last Mission mode until now. I wish I had tried it sooner, I had massive fun with it!! I only needed to understand how it works xD This game may not be as good as X, but it is an enjoyable entry for me, and I don't care about what most people say, I enjoyed it on PS2 and I enjoyed it on PS3!! 

• Like 1

Congrats on the plat bud! :yay:

Someone just got a awesome new platinum, time for double celebration :P

Let me put the music mate B)

Conversations on the plateau:

My favorite genres are FPS, Hack n Slash and Survival Horror (well this one is more of a sub-genre I guess):

FPS: Halo: Combat Evolved, the DOOMs and MOH: Allied Assault are imo the best of the best out there.

Hack n Slash: Who doesn't know Dante or Kratos? :D

Survival Horror: Silent Hill 2 ftw! Deadly Premonition and the firsts Resident Evil also.

• Like 2

Marcelo as usual ahead of me xD

The clouds clear out above the Plateau, as one platinum trophy descends from the sky!

:platinum: #62 - Completion (Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster)

1L912811.png

Obtain all available trophies

.Achieved: June 26th 2015

.Difficulty: 7

I have at last completed the remaster!! I am so happy about this one, I got 100% story completion months ago but kept procrastinating Last Mission mode until now. I wish I had tried it sooner, I had massive fun with it!! I only needed to understand how it works xD This game may not be as good as X, but it is an enjoyable entry for me, and I don't care about what most people say, I enjoyed it on PS2 and I enjoyed it on PS3!!

So beautiful :,)

• Like 1

Okay, week is almost over so I'll drop my own thoughs:

I have a group of game genres I truly enjoy: JRPG, WRPG, Fighting, Action-Adventure and Platformer. Each one of those gives me amazing gaming hours, but my spoiled child is the JRPG genre. The fact that we can sink into such beautiful and charismatic worlds and for a while feel as if we were a part of them is something so great when it is well done that I can't help but love the genre. Franchises like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts have grown alongside me and that is something hard to top. To add up, the genre keeps surprising me with new bets, such as Bloodborne. I am absolutely in love with Japanese RPGs and I hope they keep bringing me joy for many more years xD

• Like 1

Monday means....

This week, let's talk about gaming OCD's. For example, the desperate need to sort items in a game or even your game collection - both physical and digital - alphabetically, having all your inventory items on even amounts, etc.... you can talk about any game or genre in which your OCD takes place. Feel free to join the chatting until Monday July 6th!!  xD

Edited by Omar

Conversations on the Plateau

I don't have any OCD that manifests itself during every game, but there is something that does occur often on many games that allow manual saving at any time: I make far too many saves. Recently in BioShock (during the We Play group playthrough), for example, I've made over 300 saves (which is either near or more than 1 gig of saves) :P I could have definitely played with less saves, but I'm not a big fan of scrolling down through saves to get to the bottom and replace an old save xD

• Like 2

Conversations on the Plateau

I don't have any OCD that manifests itself during every game, but there is something that does occur often on many games that allow manual saving at any time: I make far too many saves. Recently in BioShock (during the We Play group playthrough), for example, I've made over 300 saves (which is either near or more than 1 gig of saves) :P I could have definitely played with less saves, but I'm not a big fan of scrolling down through saves to get to the bottom and replace an old save xD

GOOD LORD!! That's a lot of saves hahahaha better safe than sorry I guess :D

I have quite a number of OCDs, most of them related to gaming procedure or sorting:

Items in my inventory are always at even numbers (I hate the 99 cap, I've literally sold 1 after hitting the cap to sit at 98 in some games lol) 

I always sort items myself, without using the auto-sort feature most RPGs offer, I tend to do things comfortable for my gaming style. One example that comes out is FFX: I would sort items so that my most-used mix recipe ingredients would be together with those needed to make Rikku create her stuff, much more comfortable than navigating through my items finding ingredients. 

My physical game collection is sorted alphabetically. My digital PS3 collection is separated per title, games belonging to an HD collection are in the same folder. I don't follow any procedure for my Vita, 3DS or PS4 digital collections.

This one is probably the weirdest but I play fighting games holding the controller upside down xD dunno, I find myself fighting better and more efficiently by holding the controller the way I do, and it works pretty well so I'm sticking to it lol

In JRPGs I usually go the extra mile to keep my party at a relatively close level. When possible, I level them all from say, 16 to 17, then from 17 to 18, etc...

I have been playing for tons of years and it is almost impossible not to get some methodic customs, these sometimes reach OCD status like the ones mentioned above xD

• Like 2

Today is Monday and that should mean new topic, but I have decided to drop the feature for good. I am actually thankful and really glad to have got at least one person participating on each of the topics, but people feel more comfortable talking about light stuff in the corresponding forum sections, like Off-topic, to name one.

So we're back to just trophies, but first I'd like to thank Lord_Of_Ra and Zadorvp because they've been pretty active, you guys rock!! Honorable mentions to my mate Dragon and my friend Mah2c among others who participated a handful of times, thank you for the support!

Now, one feature leaves and another makes an entrance!! This one will help you follow my progress as trophy hunter, and it will join the Plateau as soon as my laptop gets fixed xD plat #63 should happen soon as well, so stay tuned!!

PS - I am starting to need a banner lol

• Like 3

Today is Monday and that should mean new topic, but I have decided to drop the feature for good. I am actually thankful and really glad to have got at least one person participating on each of the topics, but people feel more comfortable talking about light stuff in the corresponding forum sections, like Off-topic, to name one.

So we're back to just trophies, but first I'd like to thank Lord_Of_Ra and Zadorvp because they've been pretty active, you guys rock!! Honorable mentions to my mate Dragon and my friend Mah2c among others who participated a handful of times, thank you for the support!

Now, one feature leaves and another makes an entrance!! This one will help you follow my progress as trophy hunter, and it will join the Plateau as soon as my laptop gets fixed xD plat #63 should happen soon as well, so stay tuned!!

PS - I am starting to need a banner lol

And you have my thanks for giving solid opinions/POVs regarding vaporwaves. I guess that was the first discussion I had with ya xD and it's nice to communicate with people who don't let their personal tastes go over facts and possibilities in general. I've seen some others reply with just "Well I like it so suck it" opinion without any back-up when I want to give an insight of something  <_<

Back to topic, thank you again amigo!.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

My laptop is back into usable mode, and a Plateau update was long overdue!! I bring some modifications I made to my checklist, so feel free to check it out again and see how it looks now. Hopefully navigating through it will be more comfortable now, if you feel like some changes should be made or you have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know xD

Here's a breakdown of what this update brings:

.My platinum collection was tagged into spoilers, containing 10 plats each. In order to minimize scrolling, I have foldered every spoiler tag into a whole spoiler tag, called "THE PLATS". Clicking on it will take you to how it looked before :D

.As some people suggested it, I have added a picture to each 100% title I have completed, plus a short description of how running through that game was for me or my view on the game itself. 

.There is a new section in the Plateau: the Yearly Goals!! By taking a look into it, you can see my goals for this year and how I am doing in my run towards them. I will keep them as up to date as I can. You can find a similar list in my signature, but as the years go by, Yearly Goals will work as an archive for my goals every year, so that you can see my growth and evolution as trophy hunter. 

.There is a banner incoming, stay tuned for that!

.Last but not least, #64 happened, and I am particularly excited about it!! 

:platinum: #64 - Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited

1L2d127f.png

Hardcore Gamer! - Collect all other trophies

.Achieved: August 13th, 2015

.PSNP's RS: Ultra Rare

.Difficulty: 8

AT LONG LAST!!!! 181 hours in, I finally became the king of sardiiiiines!! 

As a Disgaea fan, whenever I start a Disgaea game, I know exactly where I'm getting into and I love the games exactly for what they are: AN NEVER-ENDING GRINDFEST. You can grind everything in Disgaea 4: levels, stats, item levels, item stats, item innocents, item innocents stats, item rarity, pirate ship parts, weapons, joke weapons, slayer weapons, character tiers and the list goes on for far too long. But that is the essence of the Disgaea games: chaos during its usually hilarious storyline and ABSOLUTE CHAOS during its endless post-game, where the real fun for fans begins. Out of my 181 hours, around 40 come from the story, the rest comes from the task-filled, uber deep post game and the almost endless possibilities it offers. I stopped at the platinum requirements, but there's more I could do! 

I wanted to get this done before October brings Disgaea 5 to me, now that I have all of my tricks fresh from practice I cannot wait for the next game to bring me another 150+ hours of insane, over-the-top fun!!   xD

And that is it!! I hope you all enjoy the new design and please let me know if you come up with ideas to make this Plateau even more epic!!  ^_^

Edited by Omar
  • Like 3