Omar280792's Platinum Plateau - Trophies Elevated

Omar

And 59 happened!! 

:platinum: #59 - 100% Clear (Watch Dogs)

1Lb227ac.png

This is the platinum trophy and is unlocked automatically when all the trophies have been unlocked 

.Achieved: May 27th, 2015

.PSNP's RS: Rare

.Difficulty: 4

.Enjoyment: 4

And the hacking is completed! Watch Dogs was my first PS4 game to own so it was about time xD while the plot is interesting and the mission displays the unique gameplay pretty well, the characters are uninteresting for me and the side content is tedious and repetitive (too much stuff of not enough kinds). Still, it is not a complicated platinum if you put some work and endurance into it.

Platinum number 60 is up next, I'll tell you my pick on Monday (if it doesn't happen earlier  ;) )

Congratulations Omar xD Also.you're indeed on a roll, Catherine? :,)

• Like 2

Congrats on finishing Watch Dogs. :highfive: I bought it a while back, played it a friends for around 10 minutes and decided to let him keep it. xD I'm not usually so hasty making an opinion after so little time, just had a feeling the game wasn't for me.

Also it looks like you've had a long journey on the road towards finishing Catherine, so good luck with those final two Babel stages. Great game and easily in my top 3 on the PS3, will make a great #60 :P

• Like 1

Congrats on finishing Watch Dogs. :highfive: I bought it a while back, played it a friends for around 10 minutes and decided to let him keep it. xD I'm not usually so hasty making an opinion after so little time, just had a feeling the game wasn't for me.

Also it looks like you've had a long journey on the road towards finishing Catherine, so good luck with those final two Babel stages. Great game and easily in my top 3 on the PS3, will make a great #60 :P

Thank you Toxi xD 

Watch Dogs is not the kind of game that stands out at anything lol 

I am working hard on Catherine, but I am struggling with Obelisk, any tips could be useful, oh 'Cheers to you' achiever :D

• Like 1

Watchdogs, good choice, for platinum #59. Platinum #60 looks like it could be Catherine, and I'd love for that to be Platinum sixty, given how awesome I've heard that game is. ^^

Also while peeking at your PSN Profile, I notice you came close to platting Burnout Paradise. If you need someone to send a smugshot to, or to invite to a game. I'd be happy to help with those.

Thank you Toxi xD 

Watch Dogs is not the kind of game that stands out at anything lol 

I am working hard on Catherine, but I am struggling with Obelisk, any tips could be useful, oh 'Cheers to you' achiever :D

I've enjoyed plenty of those sand box style games in the past but the feeling of déjà vu was strong with that one.

As for Catherine, any advise I give will be stuff you certainly will of heard of before, I'm sure by now you're well-versed in most of the necessary techniques required. Just keep at it and don't be afraid to use the PS button, I went overkill using it in certain sections but it paid off everytime. Try and assess early Instead of using it when the damage has possibly already been done to your structure.

Good luck though, with perseverance and a bit of luck I'm sure you'll get it. Look forward to raising a glass to you mate. :P

• Like 1

I've enjoyed plenty of those sand box style games in the past but the feeling of déjà vu was strong with that one.

As for Catherine, any advise I give will be stuff you certainly will of heard of before, I'm sure by now you're well-versed in most of the necessary techniques required. Just keep at it and don't be afraid to use the PS button, I went overkill using it in certain sections but it paid off everytime. Try and assess early Instead of using it when the damage has possibly already been done to your structure.

Good luck though, with perseverance and a bit of luck I'm sure you'll get it. Look forward to raising a glass to you mate. :P

Thanks for the info! I'm totally noting the PS button thing, I knew it was useful but I haven't used it much thus far. Made it to 116 steps in Obelisk and a mere 57 in Axis Mundi, so I still need some polishing and a twinge of luck, let's hope I can make it xD Edited by Omar

Congrats on your Catherine plat man, those ultra rare trophies are stacking up :yay:

I will take a shot it the platinum once I finish my finals next week, I hope I'm good enough to earn it xD

Thank you Pistachio!! Now I have 7 UR plats, I should increase the number even more this year (if everything works as planned), and you'll love Catherine, best tip I can give you is: get into Babel with the idea that IT ISN'T FULLY RANDOM. There are patterns and it's all about learning how to solve them and let them fall on solid ground, you'll find value in this words once you get there :D

And I think it is time for an update! As our buddy Pistachio already congratulated me on, Catherine has become my 60th platinum trophy!! I'd like to thank those who suggested candidates for taking the time to do so, I truly appreciate it xD 

:platinum: #60 - Cheers to you! (Catherine)

1L21b6dd.png

Earn all other trophies!

.Achieved: May 31st, 2015

.PSNP's RS: Ultra Rare

.Difficulty: 10

.Enjoyment: 8

A long-time resident of my backlog has just been shown the way out and it feels awesome!! After a bit over 2 years, I have finally conquered Babel and thus earned Catherine's platinum trophy. While the story mode can be tricky and challenging at parts, it's pre-defined after all, so trial and error always gets you there. Babel throws a FINITE number of patterns at you in random order, connecting to whatever base you have at the moment they fall. Not having a solid base can lead to unsolvable patters, but as they fall, all of them have a way through. With that in mind, I decided to start fighting around a week ago and the rest is history! If you are up for a challenge purely based on skill (and a spicy story lol) this is your game! xD

I am so so excited to see my Plateau grow, I hope you all enjoy what this thread has to offer. And speaking of....it's Monday, which means new discussion topic!

:blah: Conversations on the Plateau  :blah: 

This week I bring the very first instance of "Thumbs up, Thumbs down", a simple kind of discussion in which you can simply show what you think about the topic by using:

- :up:  for cool 

- :down:  for not cool

You can also add thoughts if you wish to do so and will be really appreciated. TOPIC: Sony's unparalleled indie support, thumbs up or thumbs down? xD

This topic will stay up until Monday June 8th, get to talking! :D

• Like 3

Conversations on the Plateau:

:up: of course. I don't really understand why so many people hate indies, a game isn't great just because it's a big AAA game. I've played lots of great indies over the years, and I hope that continues for many more years to come ^^

• Like 2

Nice work on platinum #60 Omar. Catherine is a fantastic platinum in any trophy hunters collection.

Conversations on the Plateau:

:up: of course. I don't really understand why so many people hate indies, a game isn't great just because it's a big AAA game. I've played lots of great indies over the years, and I hope that continues for many more years to come ^^

Surprised anyone would hate indie games. And by indie games, I mean good indie games. Like Dust an Elysian Tail. One man made that awesome game. Shovel Knight screams awesomeness, and lots of the kickstarted indie games are looking to be great, like Yooka Laylee, Bloodstained, Mighty Number 9 and others.

• Like 2

Thank you Pistachio!! Now I have 7 UR plats, I should increase the number even more this year (if everything works as planned), and you'll love Catherine, best tip I can give you is: get into Babel with the idea that IT ISN'T FULLY RANDOM. There are patterns and it's all about learning how to solve them and let them fall on solid ground, you'll find value in this words once you get there :D

And I think it is time for an update! As our buddy Pistachio already congratulated me on, Catherine has become my 60th platinum trophy!! I'd like to thank those who suggested candidates for taking the time to do so, I truly appreciate it xD

:platinum: #60 - Cheers to you! (Catherine)

1L21b6dd.png

Earn all other trophies!

.Achieved: May 31st, 2015

.PSNP's RS: Ultra Rare

.Difficulty: 10

.Enjoyment: 8

A long-time resident of my backlog has just been shown the way out and it feels awesome!! After a bit over 2 years, I have finally conquered Babel and thus earned Catherine's platinum trophy. While the story mode can be tricky and challenging at parts, it's pre-defined after all, so trial and error always gets you there. Babel throws a FINITE number of patterns at you in random order, connecting to whatever base you have at the moment they fall. Not having a solid base can lead to unsolvable patters, but as they fall, all of them have a way through. With that in mind, I decided to start fighting around a week ago and the rest is history! If you are up for a challenge purely based on skill (and a spicy story lol) this is your game! xD

I am so so excited to see my Plateau grow, I hope you all enjoy what this thread has to offer. And speaking of....it's Monday, which means new discussion topic!

This week I bring the very first instance of "Thumbs up, Thumbs down", a simple kind of discussion in which you can simply show what you think about the topic by using:

- :up:  for cool 

- :down:  for not cool

You can also add thoughts if you wish to do so and will be really appreciated. TOPIC: Sony's unparalleled indie support, thumbs up or thumbs down? xD

This topic will stay up until Monday June 8th, get to talking! :D

Congrats! Here, have a Ditto dance:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Heard some serious praise towards Catherine. Need to start it soon!

Related to conversation:

I don't know what to say. 3djuegos assumes an indie storm is coming to E3, so there's that. Now if by unparalleled you mean giving them too much love, then it would be a tie between up and down. A lot of indies look appealing and the ones I've played are awesome, but I think they're overflowing their consoles with them, especially Vita. Now, it's obvious they're winning some cash from that, so it doesn't look like changing anytime soon. Well, as long as most of those indies appeal to the masses (including us) then I'm a bit ok with it, but I would prefer an equilibrium anytime.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your replies, I am thrilled to have conquered Catherine at last xD

On conversation topic, you all brought some interesting points to the table. We all know some indies like Flower, Dust, Transistor and so on are gems worth playing. However Sony supports indies out and about, and that has led to both good and not-so-good indies to come out and to a downgrade on our PS+ IGC's title quality rate.

Now, are the outstanding indie titles we get worth all of this? I say YES, totally :up: . What games like Dust, Transistor or Brothers made me feel is something I wouldn't have taken the time to consider if PS+ hadn't included those games at some point. Yes, we get many more meh indies but it all comes down to how much you enjoy them. In my case, I put the experience on top of the budget or the graphics, so indies are a good kind of games for me, as they give priority to creating a great experience, whether through catchy gameplay or compelling stories.

I am also excited for what's to come (already a fan of Yooka-Laylee here lol)

These are my thoughts, but we can keep the discussion going on, feel free to pour your thoughts if you feel like it xD

Edited by Omar
  • Like 3

Definitely :up: when it comes to indies. They're usually the most creative games available, and I personally haven't played one I didn't enjoy. Very much looking forward to Yooka-Laylee (the first kickstarter I've backed) and Mighty No.9

Also congrats with Catherine, one of my favourite platinums. Really great job!

giphy.gif

Cheers.

• Like 1

Definitely :up: when it comes to indies. They're usually the most creative games available, and I personally haven't played one I didn't enjoy. Very much looking forward to Yooka-Laylee (the first kickstarter I've backed) and Mighty No.9

Also congrats with Catherine, one of my favourite platinums. Really great job!

giphy.gif

Cheers.

Cheers indeed!! Thanks mate xD

Oh and Mighty No.9 will be cross-buy on PlayStation platforms!! It also got a brand new trailer, check it out xD

I'm glad to see people loving indies, haters tend to get the biggest buzz.....I personally enjoy them a lot, and they keep getting better and better :D

Congratulations on Catherine, I really hope I can get that platinum myself.

:right: For indies the problem I have is for every good game you get something worthless... so for every Guacamelee, Dust you get the Lone Survivors, Sound Shapes and Hohokums and that's overlooking the fact the doujin titles(Japanese indies) aren't really here yet still waiting on my Touhou games so close yet so far...

Agreed Yooka Laylee, Bloodstained Ritual and Mighty No.9 all look good as well as Skullgirls 2nd Encore(still indie right?) but it doesn't mean I like the current model where it feels like SONY is trying to force them down people's throats there needs to be some sense of balance like 40/50 split in PS+ and have the indie titles get more of a promotional spotlight in the store to earn them attention as they need the promotional visuals unlike Call of Battlefield: Ultra Hyper Arcade Deluxe Edition 9,000!!!!

• Like 1

Congratulations on Catherine, I really hope I can get that platinum myself.

:right: For indies the problem I have is for every good game you get something worthless... so for every Guacamelee, Dust you get the Lone Survivors, Sound Shapes and Hohokums and that's overlooking the fact the doujin titles(Japanese indies) aren't really here yet still waiting on my Touhou games so close yet so far...

Agreed Yooka Laylee, Bloodstained Ritual and Mighty No.9 all look good as well as Skullgirls 2nd Encore(still indie right?) but it doesn't mean I like the current model where it feels like SONY is trying to force them down people's throats there needs to be some sense of balance like 40/50 split in PS+ and have the indie titles get more of a promotional spotlight in the store to earn them attention as they need the promotional visuals unlike Call of Battlefield: Ultra Hyper Arcade Deluxe Edition 9,000!!!!

Thanks Shana, you'll get it whenever you aim for it, game's fun and challenging, thus satisfying :D

You brough a point I was expecting to see: Sony and their "want games? have 5463 indies for free!! Oh you said you want something else? TOUGH LUCK" approach......I must admit I've tried most indies I have because Sony gave them to me for free instead of promoting them and letting me decide whether if I want to get them or not, which is not particularly nice when aiming at making profit. However, I will also say that their giveaway has had a lasting effect on me, translating on me paying the utmost attention to ANYTHING Futurlab, Housemarque, Supergiant Games, Dontnod, thatgamecompany, and many other studios present in the future. I will probably go day 1 on their upcoming projects, so profit will come for them. 

Of course, it isn't always like this, as pretty much half the indies we get usually suck.....I think their indie downpour should know when to stop. If they keep giving them to us, we´ll go like "wow, this looks interesting.....but I'll wait for it to be on PS+" and that would be counter-productive for indie studios. They should invest in promoting them more agressively instead.

"Call of Battlefield: Ultra Hyper Arcade Deluxe Edition 9,000"

So much yes hahahahahaha xD 

Monday came in and that means new topic!! xD

As the announcements season is about to kick in, I bring a suitable topic for such an exciting time of the year in the gaming industry. Let's talk VAPORWAVE. What is know as vaporwave among the gaming community is a game or games we learnt from or heard rumors of ages ago, but we know little to nothing about. These games usually hold unparalleled amounts of hype for a good chunk of faithful gamers who, event after event, year after year, expect their anticipated title to show up. I'd like to know whether you find this excitement justified (most of those games have shown less than 10 minutes of footage, some haven't even been officially announced) and if you are hyped about one of these vaporwave titles. I will bring forth some examples:

.The Last Guardian (MVP among vaporwave games lol)

.Agent

.Shenmue 3

.Half Life 3

.Tales of Vesperia PS3 localised for EU/NA

.Crash Bandicoot's return 

You can add any other examples you fancy, let the talking commence!! You have until Monday June 15th to discuss. Next Monday we'll be right in the middle of E3 2015, so I will bring a proper topic, stay tuned! xD

Edited by Omar
  • Like 1

Monday came in and that means new topic!! xD

As the announcements season is about to kick in, I bring a suitable topic for such an exciting time of the year in the gaming industry. Let's talk VAPORWAVE. What is know as vaporwave among the gaming community is a game or games we learnt from or heard rumors of ages ago, but we know little to nothing about. These games usually hold unparalleled amounts of hype for a good chunk of faithful gamers who, event after event, year after year, expect their anticipated title to show up. I'd like to know whether you find this excitement justified (most of those games have shown less than 10 minutes of footage, some haven't even been officially announced) and if you are hyped about one of these vaporwave titles. I will bring forth some examples:

.The Last Guardian (MVP among vaporwave games lol)

.Agent

.Shenmue 3

.Half Life 3

.Tales of Vesperia PS3 localised for EU/NA

.Crash Bandicoot's return 

You can add any other examples you fancy, let the talking commence!! You have until Monday June 15th to discuss. Next Monday we'll be right in the middle of E3 2015, so I will bring a proper topic, stay tuned! xD

08 at 6:45 a.m. 8+6+4+5= 23...23...two to three!? let's take out the two and what do we have!? a 3! HALF LIFE 3 Confirmed!

This is what you'll usually find on the internet nowadays for this game. A prime example of what you call a vaporwave game and how, in my opinion, you don't keep a rumor going for years.

What I'm about to write is just based on personal assumptions/opinion (just putting this so I don't have to write imo a lot xD):

Being 100% black or white is countereffective. In videogames scenario, giving one too much marketing or not saying a word about it for years after the first/second/third announcement might kill most of the hype one has for it.

For example, see The Order: 1886? gave a heck of a lot of announcements and it turned out to be a failure for critics, a noticeable quatity of gamers, etc. It might have sold well, but can we be certain that all people who bought it and are playing it at the moment are at least 90-95% satisfied?

The more hype you build for a game=the more work you have to put on it to be succesful.

Take The Last of Us for example.

Damn I got off topic, let's get back:

Why are so many Half-Life 3 jokes out there? maybe because the hype has died for a lot of gamers. Why? well, that's what happens when you try to give a videogame glimpses or "little leaks" for over a decade without any official announcement :lol:. Half-life 3 might come out in the future? yes, but It won't have the same success compared to an earlier launch. A lot of factors come into play, but that isn't related to the topic.

SO, Is the excitement for a vaporwave justified?

Having it? yes.

Keeping it? vaporwaves' daily meal are rumors, so unless the devs say something like "It's 100% still on development" or "it's not cancelled" there is no way to justify the hype after some years. It relies on hope, etc.

Keeping it for years expecting what you saw on the first announcement (if they put some kind of trailer/gameplay glimpse)? Not really, you have FFXV and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem as proof.

Vaporwave I would like to see:

A new Chrono game or Trigger remake.

The Last Guardian.

• Like 1

I knew this topic would come in handy during this pre-E3 days, some pretty cool rumors showing up!! 

I'm hoping for Spyro 1-3 HD, Crash Bandicoot 1-3 HD, and Jak 4. Also every year people are hoping for Beyond Good and Evil 2 and Ubisoft always taunts gamers during the E3. I'm wondering if they'll do that this year too. 

I'd love remasters for classic platformers (I firmly believe the genre will be making a comeback this gen and that Yooka-Laylee is only the beginning) and Beyond Good and Evil 2 absolutely qualifies as vaporwave, let's hope we finally get to see Jade again xD

08 at 6:45 a.m. 8+6+4+5= 23...23...two to three!? let's take out the two and what do we have!? a 3! HALF LIFE 3 Confirmed!

This is what you'll usually find on the internet nowadays for this game. A prime example of what you call a vaporwave game and how, in my opinion, you don't keep a rumor going for years.

What I'm about to write is just based on personal assumptions/opinion (just putting this so I don't have to write imo a lot xD):

Being 100% black or white is countereffective. In videogames scenario, giving one too much marketing or not saying a word about it for years after the first/second/third announcement might kill most of the hype one has for it.

For example, see The Order: 1886? gave a heck of a lot of announcements and it turned out to be a failure for critics, a noticeable quatity of gamers, etc. It might have sold well, but can we be certain that all people who bought it and are playing it at the moment are at least 90-95% satisfied?

The more hype you build for a game=the more work you have to put on it to be succesful.

Take The Last of Us for example.

Damn I got off topic, let's get back:

Why are so many Half-Life 3 jokes out there? maybe because the hype has died for a lot of gamers. Why? well, that's what happens when you try to give a videogame glimpses or "little leaks" for over a decade without any official announcement :lol:. Half-life 3 might come out in the future? yes, but It won't have the same success compared to an earlier launch. A lot of factors come into play, but that isn't related to the topic.

SO, Is the excitement for a vaporwave justified?

Having it? yes.

Keeping it? vaporwaves' daily meal are rumors, so unless the devs say something like "It's 100% still on development" or "it's not cancelled" there is no way to justify the hype after some years. It relies on hope, etc.

Keeping it for years expecting what you saw on the first announcement (if they put some kind of trailer/gameplay glimpse)? Not really, you have FFXV and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem as proof.

Vaporwave I would like to see:

A new Chrono game or Trigger remake.

The Last Guardian.

Amazing insight here!! I love how people always make up joke clues pointing towards Half-Life 3 lol

I agree with most of your points, especially with how pointless is expecting a vaporwave game to remain the same over the years. FFXV is the perfect example of how changes are inevitably made. It isn't Versus XIII anymore, not fully. And I bet The Last Guardian, the one last seen in 2009, won't be the same as the one we're probably getting re-introduced next week.

One thing that strikes me is how a meh game can be turned into a hugely hyped title through years of silence. It's as if going mute could guarantee people to go crazy about aa game. There are games that probably wouldn't be really good if they eventually happen (there's no solid way to know) yet people still wait for them faithfully. It defies logic a bit but I can totally understand the excitement. I am personally expecting some vaporwave stuff, but the only title I ever really hyped up was Versus XIII (and I got my reward, it got solid, even if different, I don't care about that)

For now, the pre-E3 stage has given us the usual paper thin rumor fix, let's see if the big event delivers (unlike pretty much every year since 2009 lol) xD

• Like 1

Amazing insight here!! I love how people always make up joke clues pointing towards Half-Life 3 lol

I agree with most of your points, especially with how pointless is expecting a vaporwave game to remain the same over the years. FFXV is the perfect example of how changes are inevitably made. It isn't Versus XIII anymore, not fully. And I bet The Last Guardian, the one last seen in 2009, won't be the same as the one we're probably getting re-introduced next week.

One thing that strikes me is how a meh game can be turned into a hugely hyped title through years of silence. It's as if going mute could guarantee people to go crazy about aa game. There are games that probably wouldn't be really good if they eventually happen (there's no solid way to know) yet people still wait for them faithfully. It defies logic a bit but I can totally understand the excitement. I am personally expecting some vaporwave stuff, but the only title I ever really hyped up was Versus XIII (and I got my reward, it got solid, even if different, I don't care about that)

For now, the pre-E3 stage has given us the usual paper thin rumor fix, let's see if the big event delivers (unlike pretty much every year since 2009 lol) xD

1st sentence:

Thanks! Sometimes I like to add humor to most of my "serious" opinions. Glad to see it worked somehow haha.

1st paragraph:

Spot-on example there, though imo XV still retains the vibe that it will be similar to the first trailer in certain things (some boss battles, mechanics, etc). I don't know why, but I also felt a KH inspiration here and there since the first glimpse, so that makes me expect a lot from this game. Most vaporwaves that see the light retain certain aspects from their first glimpse, and I believe that's crucial to make it sell more.

2nd paragraph:

Hmm, now that's something I hadn't heard before, usually games turn into vaporwaves because they have something that interests a high quantity of people almost immediately (game made by Rockstar, sequel to one of the greatest games, etc.) so it's somehing interesting to take note of. My guess here (taking your "meh game" opinion based on first impressions) is that this certain game had something that appealed to a small group of people, this group, in turn, used whatever communication media they had to promote (and sometimes exagerate) the small good things they found on it. Their opinions did the job of persuading more and more people to take notice of this game, and you know the rest.

I like how XV is turning out based on what I've read, though the female char. change is something we'll have to cast a critical eye on. I don't want her to turn into a "damsel-in-distress" or the "there's no more use to me than being a simple love interest for protagonist" with 0 char. development.

On the other hand, glad to see your vaporwave has paid off in good way. When I got to see the confirmation trailer for mine (most hyped), I almost did a desk flip meme  :lol:.

Final sentence:

Ah, many rumors leaked, and imo what David Jaffe did was a double edged move: it's ok to be mad, but in turn you made even more people have certainty that all rumors are confirmed. This E3 is going to be interesting indeed hahaha.

Cheers.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1