Omar280792's Platinum Plateau - Trophies Elevated

Omar

Hello everyone, it's Monday and I bring news of several kinds!! First, let's go with what matters most: the Plateau just got a new addition!

#56 - Dragon Age: Inquisition

1L8a3cbe.png

:platinum: Dragon Age: Inquisition Platinum Trophy - Collect all other Dragon Age: Inquisition trophies

.Achieved: May 17th, 2015

.PSNP's RS: Very Rare

.Difficulty: 7

.Enjoyment: 10

My story with this game is odd at best xD I got it at launch and for some reason I didn't really get into it, so I pushed it aside and played other stuff I was more interested in. Seeing the buzz the game got, I really considered giving it a second chance and I did. And well, you all know how that went lol. This game gets you hooked from start to finish, its plot is very well organised, in a way that makes you feel progressively stronger and more capable of conquering what at the beginning would've been impossible. With a masterful soundtrack and consistent voice acting, characters are filled with charisma and you get to relate to ones or others depending on how you are as a person. Its hardest difficulty setting, Nightmare Mode wasn't exactly a nightmare, but it was tough and well balanced, especially at the beginning of the game. I must say that I encountered some weird glitches seemingly coming out of nowhere, and while they were annoying, my experience wasn't severely damaged by them. This is another franchise I'll be paying attention to from this point forward. 

I'd also like to add some videos of further bosses in the story (BEWARE OF SPOILERS). I'm glad to see how I got consistently better at managing my strategy, and I'd like to give props to Dragon-Archon and Mah2c for their amazing trophy guide, which I totally recommend! (so weird calling my long-time friend Marcelo by his PSN name, but it's necessary for informative purpose xD). Here you have my fighting against two other bosses (I would've loved to upload the final boss, but it was a glitchfest: first stage got frozen and transition sequence wouldn't pop up, second stage straight out DISAPPEARED from the field mid-fight, etc.... lol)

With that out of the way, it's time to introduce a new topic for our Conversations on the Plateau. First I'd like to thank everyone who took part in the first topic, we were off to a slow start but then things got more exciting, here's hoping the discussion gets lively! :D

:blah: Conversations on the Plateau  :blah:

Our topic for the week is the following: Let's talk trophies this time. We all know some games force you to visit every corner of their surface or to master their gameplay in order to attain a platinum trophy, while others make you go through endless repetition or unnecessary requirements that make you go out of your usual way to get trophies. Farming can also get out of hand sometimes, while collectible-related trophies are also a thing. Let's discuss which trophies give you the greatest boost of achievement and sense of empowerment and why. I want you to tell me if you feel the biggest epicness when you grind to max level with all characters or when you slay a game in its hardest difficulty setting. Feel free to add examples to ilustrate your thoughts as well. Fellow trophy hunters, speak up! Topic will stay on until Monday, May 25th ^^

• Like 4

Hello everyone, it's Monday and I bring news of several kinds!! First, let's go with what matters most: the Plateau just got a new addition!

1L8a3cbe.png

:platinum: Dragon Age: Inquisition Platinum Trophy - Collect all other Dragon Age: Inquisition trophies

Woop New plat!! Good Job how was the game i hear good things about that game :) Congrats Omar

• Like 1

Woop New plat!! Good Job how was the game i hear good things about that game :) Congrats Omar

Thanks Cassiopria!  The game is outstanding, definitely a must if you like Western RPGs and I'd say you'll probably love it if you like JRPGs as well, it's one of those games in which you find yourself thinking "wow, this is polished" and I love that :D

Feel free to give us your 2 cents on this week's topic as well if you want, your contribution to last week's debuting subject was much appreciated xD

Congrats with the DAI plat buddy. Are you going to get the DLC next week or are you too busy with The Witcher III? Glad to know the guide was helpful.

Thanks Dragon, I will totally get the DLC next week because, after having just wrapped Inquisition up, I'll give TW3 a pass for the time being. Now I want a break from the WRPG genre, so I'll hit The Witcher 3 later this year xD 

1L8a3cbe.png

My story with this game is odd at best xD I got it at launch and for some reason I didn't really get into it, so I pushed it aside and played other stuff I was more interested in. Seeing the buzz the game got, I really considered giving it a second chance and I did. And well, you all know how that went lol. This game gets you hooked from start to finish, its plot is very well organised, in a way that makes you feel progressively stronger and more capable of conquering what at the beginning would've been impossible. With a masterful soundtrack and consistent voice acting, characters are filled with charisma and you get to relate to ones or others depending on how you are as a person. Its hardest difficulty setting, Nightmare Mode wasn't exactly a nightmare, but it was tough and well balanced, especially at the beginning of the game. I must say that I encountered some weird glitches seemingly coming out of nowhere, and while they were annoying, my experience wasn't severely damaged by them. This is another franchise I'll be paying attention to from this point forward. 

I'd also like to add some videos of further bosses in the story (BEWARE OF SPOILERS). I'm glad to see how I got consistently better at managing my strategy, and I'd like to give props to Dragon-Archon and Mah2c for their amazing trophy guide, which I totally recommend! (so weird calling my long-time friend Marcelo by his PSN name, but it's necessary for informative purpose xD). Here you have my fighting against two other bosses (I would've loved to upload the final boss, but it was a glitchfest: first stage got frozen and transition sequence wouldn't pop up, second stage straight out DISAPPEARED from the field mid-fight, etc.... lol)

With that out of the way, it's time to introduce a new topic for our Conversations on the Plateau. First I'd like to thank everyone who took part in the first topic, we were off to a slow start but then things got more exciting, here's hoping the discussion gets lively! :D

:blah: Conversations on the Plateau  :blah:

Our topic for the week is the following: Let's talk trophies this time. We all know some games force you to visit every corner of their surface or to master their gameplay in order to attain a platinum trophy, while others make you go through endless repetition or unnecessary requirements that make you go out of your usual way to get trophies. Farming can also get out of hand sometimes, while collectible-related trophies are also a thing. Let's discuss which trophies give you the greatest boost of achievement and sense of empowerment and why. I want you to tell me if you feel the biggest epicness when you grind to max level with all characters or when you slay a game in its hardest difficulty setting. Feel free to add examples to ilustrate your thoughts as well. Fellow trophy hunters, speak up! Topic will stay on until Monday, May 25th ^^

no words !!

I just

tumblr_mb4ph0l93x1rziwwco1_500.gif

xD

• Like 1

I already said congratulations on your status update, but I'll do it here again: congratulations :D

Conversations on the Plateau:

For me, the trophies I feel happiest about unlocking are the ones that were just fun/silly to get, so a bunch of point-and-click games at least qualify (the exception being every game Telltale Games releases nowadays): there are great examples of these from the Sam & Max PSN games to the Monkey Island games and beyond to the more recent Broken Age and Grim Fandango releases. It's even better if these trophies are not obvious and require discussion with others or thinking/seeing what other people come up with.

However, regarding platinums, I posted my 5 proudest platinums in a topic on PSNP:

I'm proud of the following 5 platinums for their role as a representative of a certain type of platinum for me :P They're neither my favourite platinums or my most difficult platinums.

The "Fun with others" Platinum: Ghostbusters: The Video Game (#29)

This was just tons of fun to play with other people. When I originally started the game in 2009, I never thought I'd be doing the multiplayer for the game at all, let alone nearly two years later. I met some really great people here and enjoyed every moment of our multiplayer sessions. I think it's a damn shame people can't enjoy this anymore due to the server closure, I personally still helped others with the trophies after finishing my platinum due to it being fun.

Honorable mention: Two Worlds II (#102)/GoldenEye 007: Reloaded (#48) - I just couldn't pick one of them over the other so listing them both here instead of just one of them.

The "I'm not sure this genre is really for me, but I'll try it anyways" Platinum: Port Royale 3: Pirates & Merchants (#182)

I really liked this game throughout its run and now I'm definitely considering Tropico 5. I'm a little sad that'll be a quicker platinum so I'm going to wait for it to go down in price (I would have to anyways since I'm trying to be a bit smarter with money at the moment). The genre for this one was a business simulation game.

Honorable mention: Surgeon Simulator: Anniversary Edition (#194)

The "Dipping my toes" Platinum: Tales of Graces f (#126)

This one was picked because I finally played it as the first game of the "Tales of" franchise (a game franchise I had yet not played, but had been recommended to by others for years). I loved it, and have since played several others from this franchise as well.

Honorable mention: Risen 2: Dark Waters (#88)

The "I'm not sure what all these requirements mean" Platinum: Valhalla Knights 3 (#179)

This was one of the games I've played without an existing trophy guide and only relying on information scattered across the internet. It was fun, it was "challenging" and it took a while, but I'd say it was worth it.

Honorable mention:Broken Age (#219)

The "No, why does it have to have a rhythm-base trophy?" Platinum: Drakengard/Drag-on Dragoon 3 (#206)

That Ending D trophy was a pain to do and most people who've played it seem to agree. It wasn't unexpected of them to yet again place a rhythm game section on one of the game endings, but that doesn't make it any less annoying this time around either. Thankfully NIER didn't have an annoyance of similiar magnitude.

Honorable mention: KIngdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix HD (#202)

As you can see, my proudest ones are not the ones that were hardest/most grindiest/longest to get, though I am of course very proud of several of those as well.

I'll write more later... maybe?

• Like 1

I already said congratulations on your status update, but I'll do it here again: congratulations :D

Conversations on the Plateau:

For me, the trophies I feel happiest about unlocking are the ones that were just fun/silly to get, so a bunch of point-and-click games at least qualify (the exception being every game Telltale Games releases nowadays): there are great examples of these from the Sam & Max PSN games to the Monkey Island games and beyond to the more recent Broken Age and Grim Fandango releases. It's even better if these trophies are not obvious and require discussion with others or thinking/seeing what other people come up with.

As you can see, my proudest ones are not the ones that were hardest/most grindiest/longest to get, though I am of course very proud of several of those as well.

I'll write more later... maybe?

Wow, amazing insight zadorvp! I think it's nice that you cherish the games you have fun with the most even if they don't take long hours or endless tasks. And please feel free to write as much as you want xD

• Like 1

You really have a fine taste in videogames. KH is also one of my favorite sagas of all time.

I've noticed you're from Spain so... muchas felicidades amigo!

:yay:

Muchas gracias buddy!! Kingdom Hearts is actually my favorite saga ever, closely followed by Final Fantasy. I tried to build a varied gaming set though: the focus on JRPG is there, but I also play other genres to broaden my experience. It's working awesome thus far xD

• Like 1

Here I am again, an epic addition to the Plateau in hand!!  :D

:platinum: #57 - Velocity 2X

1Lc25c88.png

Yippee Kai Yay - ************

.Achieved: May 20th, 2015

.PSNP's RS: Ultra Rare

.Difficulty: 10

.Enjoyment: 9

Ahhhh this does feel great!! When a game pushes your pure skills to the test and you conquer it, that is one of the best feelings I can get as a trophy hunter. It's only natural that this plat makes me so happy, game is easy to waltz through, but PERFECTING it is a whole other story!! Velocity 2X manages to be tricky as hell, punishing the slightest mistake with failure or insta-death, which also leads to failure. You fail if you miss a survivor, and you also fail if you miss the target time. You will miss if you skip an enemy, miss a switch, a crystal, even if you miss breaking a freaking useless piece of glass. YOU FAIL A LOT IN THIS GAME, in case you haven't noticed. But that is the good part of it: you are forced to improve in order to go places and attain every trophy. This is one of my proudest achievements, and one I had tons of fun with.

I will also take the moment to remind you all that this week's "Conversations on the Plateau" topic is up until Monday May 25th, feel free to share with everyone which trophies make you feel the best when you trophy hunt. As you can see, I go for challenging stuff. Overcoming and pushing my abilities are things I love doing, not only in gaming but also in life itself. So the hardest a trophy is to get, the prouder I feel upon snatching it for my collection. What about you guys? I want to know which trophies make you happy xD

Omar congratulations on velocity 2x :.) so proud of my friend

You were even ahead of me hahahahaha thank you my friend ^^

Edited by Omar
  • Like 1

What a week, my Plateau is a happy geographical feature!!

:platinum: #58 - Platinum (Super Stardust Ultra)

1L7e6975.png

Unlock every other trophy in the game

.Achieved: May 23rd, 2015

.PSNP's RS: Rare

.Difficulty: 6

.Enjoyment: 8

I love "shoot and destroy" games and I love them even more when they can get very chaotic; this is the case! SSU offers a smooth entrance to newbies and a tough punishment to learnéd players at the same time, having a healthy mode roster and a big difficulty curve. While most trophies are rather simple/straightforward, there is one that can get on your nerves (as it got on mine xD) Still, enjoyment is a given with this game. If you played and loved Resogun, give this one a try for a similar experience in spirit and entertainment. 

I'll also remind you that you have the rest of the weekend to talk about this week's topic, a new topic will come on Monday May 25th, so stay tuned!!

• Like 2

Seems every week I'm on this site, I'm discovering even more games with platinums that just flew under my radar. Your description has made me want to look into this game, when I get my new PS4 at the end of the month. Anyway, congrats on Super Stardust's platinum. You did a good job ;)

• Like 1

Seems every week I'm on this site, I'm discovering even more games with platinums that just flew under my radar. Your description has made me want to look into this game, when I get my new PS4 at the end of the month. Anyway, congrats on Super Stardust's platinum. You did a good job ;)

That's the good thing about getting in touch with the gaming community, or even the trophy hunting community, you find out about stuff you didn't even know about. Glad you got the itch to play, the game was already awesome on PS3, but on PS4 it looks better and has more modes so there's more fun to it :D

And thanks, I will keep making the Plateau grow bigger and better. Also you're about to take the generational leap, which is huge!! Which is going to be your first PS4 game? xD

That's the good thing about getting in touch with the gaming community, or even the trophy hunting community, you find out about stuff you didn't even know about. Glad you got the itch to play, the game was already awesome on PS3, but on PS4 it looks better and has more modes so there's more fun to it :D

And thanks, I will keep making the Plateau grow bigger and better. Also you're about to take the generational leap, which is huge!! Which is going to be your first PS4 game? xD

Well the deal I'm getting is going to include The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne. My brother is a big fan of the Souls games, so I'll let him play that one first. I'll probably go for the Witcher or I'll pick up some PSN games, like Shovel Knight/Bastion/Transistor/New n Tasty etc ^^;

• Like 1

Well the deal I'm getting is going to include The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne. My brother is a big fan of the Souls games, so I'll let him play that one first. I'll probably go for the Witcher or I'll pick up some PSN games, like Shovel Knight/Bastion/Transistor/New n Tasty etc ^^;

Wow that's a killer deal right there, you're getting the two biggest contenders for GOTY 2015!! I haven't played The Witcher 3, but I can say Bloodborne is a masterpiece, truly outstanding. You're getting a PS4 in the perfect moment I'd say, enough reason to get one and more than enough promise of future epic games coming xD

• Like 1

Awesome platinum collection Omar! There's some on that list that I'm real jealous of, well done!

Thank you mate, I'm glad to see you back around, hopefully you're here to stay xD

I would personally like to thanks everyone who stopped by my Platinum Plateau, we had a major take-off, hitting 1000 views in less than 20 days!! I don't have words to express my gratitude, all I can say is that I will keep bringing the platinums and sharing my stories with everyone who wants to listen :D

It's Monday which means new topic! Last week's topic had close to no participation from folks around here, but I will keep this going for a few weeks. If silence becomes a thing I'll go back to museum mode lol

:blah: Conversations on the Plateau  :blah:

Okay, this week I'm asking for advice!! As you may have noticed, I am sitting at 58 platinums conquered, with Watch Dogs aiming at being my 59th. That means I'm close to a new milestone: the 60 plats line will soon be crossed. I have a few things in mind, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on which game I should make my 60th. I prioritized started games over new ones, but I'll take any advice I can get, so don't be shy and help me out! Also, you can share your proudest milestones and how they make you feel. Topic will stay live until Monday June 1st, let the talking begin!! 

Edited by Omar
  • Like 2

It's Monday which means new topic! Last week's topic had close to no participation from folks around here, but I will keep this going for a few weeks. If silence becomes a thing I'll go back to museum mode lol

I'm kind of bummed about that. I felt it was a more interesting topic than the E3 one, but apparently people liked the first one more :P

Conversations on the Plateau

Well, I've already told you I want you to play Final Fantasy X-2, Birth By Sleep, AC Revelations, and LittleBigPlanet 2 again ^^ You said those would be in your 60s trophies (apart from Revelations), so why not make one of them the special #60 :D? *votes for FF or BBS*

• Like 1

Looking so pretty my friend xD

60th platinum you say? A new milestone indeed!! Will I be able to see this day?

You SURE DO my friend xD

Hahahahahaha yaaay, it will happen soon enough xD

I'm kind of bummed about that. I felt it was a more interesting topic than the E3 one, but apparently people liked the first one more :P

Conversations on the Plateau

Well, I've already told you I want you to play Final Fantasy X-2, Birth By Sleep, AC Revelations, and LittleBigPlanet 2 again ^^ You said those would be in your 60s trophies (apart from Revelations), so why not make one of them the special #60 :D? *votes for FF or BBS*

I guess some topics will be more or less interesting overall, but one thing is clear: you're for now the most consistent conversation participant, so thank you for that and keep it up! Your 60th choices are noted :D

Awesome platinum collection. For your 60th I would say Disgaea 4 or The Last Of Us.

Awesome choices, noted =)

So we have a total of 6 games thus far, once the list grows a bit more and the week progresses I will address each of the games suggested, with pros and cons on working towards them now. Keep the advice coming guys, it will really help me out xD

• Like 1

And 59 happened!! 

:platinum: #59 - 100% Clear (Watch Dogs)

1Lb227ac.png

This is the platinum trophy and is unlocked automatically when all the trophies have been unlocked 

.Achieved: May 27th, 2015

.PSNP's RS: Rare

.Difficulty: 4

.Enjoyment: 4

And the hacking is completed! Watch Dogs was my first PS4 game to own so it was about time xD while the plot is interesting and the mission displays the unique gameplay pretty well, the characters are uninteresting for me and the side content is tedious and repetitive (too much stuff of not enough kinds). Still, it is not a complicated platinum if you put some work and endurance into it.

Platinum number 60 is up next, I'll tell you my pick on Monday (if it doesn't happen earlier  ;) )

• Like 2