Omar280792's Platinum Plateau - Trophies Elevated

Omar

My laptop is back into usable mode, and a Plateau update was long overdue!! I bring some modifications I made to my checklist, so feel free to check it out again and see how it looks now. Hopefully navigating through it will be more comfortable now, if you feel like some changes should be made or you have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know xD

Here's a breakdown of what this update brings:

.My platinum collection was tagged into spoilers, containing 10 plats each. In order to minimize scrolling, I have foldered every spoiler tag into a whole spoiler tag, called "THE PLATS". Clicking on it will take you to how it looked before :D

.As some people suggested it, I have added a picture to each 100% title I have completed, plus a short description of how running through that game was for me or my view on the game itself. 

.There is a new section in the Plateau: the Yearly Goals!! By taking a look into it, you can see my goals for this year and how I am doing in my run towards them. I will keep them as up to date as I can. You can find a similar list in my signature, but as the years go by, Yearly Goals will work as an archive for my goals every year, so that you can see my growth and evolution as trophy hunter. 

.There is a banner incoming, stay tuned for that!

.Last but not least, #64 happened, and I am particularly excited about it!! 

:platinum: #64 - Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited

1L2d127f.png

Hardcore Gamer! - Collect all other trophies

.Achieved: August 13th, 2015

.PSNP's RS: Ultra Rare

.Difficulty: 8

.Enjoyment: 9

AT LONG LAST!!!! 181 hours in, I finally became the king of sardiiiiines!! 

As a Disgaea fan, whenever I start a Disgaea game, I know exactly where I'm getting into and I love the games exactly for what they are: AN NEVER-ENDING GRINDFEST. You can grind everything in Disgaea 4: levels, stats, item levels, item stats, item innocents, item innocents stats, item rarity, pirate ship parts, weapons, joke weapons, slayer weapons, character tiers and the list goes on for far too long. But that is the essence of the Disgaea games: chaos during its usually hilarious storyline and ABSOLUTE CHAOS during its endless post-game, where the real fun for fans begins. Out of my 181 hours, around 40 come from the story, the rest comes from the task-filled, uber deep post game and the almost endless possibilities it offers. I stopped at the platinum requirements, but there's more I could do! 

I wanted to get this done before October brings Disgaea 5 to me, now that I have all of my tricks fresh from practice I cannot wait for the next game to bring me another 150+ hours of insane, over-the-top fun!!   xD

And that is it!! I hope you all enjoy the new design and please let me know if you come up with ideas to make this Plateau even more epic!!  ^_^

Now this is something dood, bring my sardines!!!

Omar, congratulations again :) for being someone that saw your long journey to the platinum from up close, I can definitely say that this dood is indeed a Hardcore gamer!!

• Like 1

Now this is something dood, bring my sardines!!!

Omar, congratulations again :) for being someone that saw your long journey to the platinum from up close, I can definitely say that this dood is indeed a Hardcore gamer!!

Thank you Marcelo, I am glad to be growing up as a trophy hunter and everyone looking at the Plateau shall witness that growth, hopefully a good one! xD

• Like 1

Congrats on your latest plat my friend! Heard it's a tough one.

Thanks mate!! It is indeed, both challenging and grindy, so you get tested on both skill and endurance xD

Now I will lay back a bit and play some lighter stuff, currently going through Never Alone :D

• Like 1

I bring more updates!! 

.I made it to PSN Level 21, which means I accomplished one of my yearly goals!! Unlike my completion and rarity goals, this one won't have tiers, so I by the end of the year I will have greatly outperformed my levelling expectations back in January :D

.Another 100% joins the family! 

Never Alone

Never-Alone.jpg

A really beautiful game, that dwells into the values of love for nature and for every creature around us humans, and companionship. I must admit that its gameplay is flawed, and for a game that has a strong base on jumping mechanics, the jumping itself is pretty awkward. The AI sometimes messes up too, but the overall feeling of the game is a good one. I need to play more little adventures like this one! xD

I haven't limited myself to playing through it, I have also recorded my run through it and the first part is already up, so I hope you watch and enjoy! If you want to see how the journey continues, stay tuned as I will upload further content in the coming days and weeks ^^

Edited by Omar
  • Like 1

Congrats with the Disgaea 4 plat Omar :yay:.

Awesome job with Disgaea 4 plat man!!!

Thanks guys, I'm pretty excited about that addition to my collection, I worked hard for it! xD

I bring yet more news!!

:platinum: #65 - Sound Shapes

1L02a080.png

You've Gone Platinum - Complete all Death Mode and Beat School levels

.Achieved: August 15th, 2015

.PSNP's RS: Uncommon

.Difficulty: 3

.Enjoyment: 7

As a trophy hunter, I was aware of the fact that Sound Shapes is kind of a famous game among hunters, and its easiness and escalating effect on my trophy list lived up to its fame! Some friends warned me about Death Mode being frustrating and Beat School being pointless.....they were wrong on the former but right on the latter, in my opinion. Death Mode features such short levels that there is no time for frustration, you just hit 'Retry' time and time again. I actually managed to get it all done with a fair amount of ease and didn't feel frustrated at all. Beat School mode brought a promising mechanic that was just too weird for me in the end. After testing the waters with the first beats, I proudly admit I looked up solutions in a guide because I couldn't bear the pointlessness  xD

However, Sound Shapes' levels and Death Mode challenges were tons of fun and I will play through it again on my PSVita later this year.

This platinum marks the accomplishment of another of my goals: 65 platinum trophies have been conquered!! Now I only need to fight against my leaderboard placing and I'll have achieved everything I aimed for back in January ^^

On some Youtube news, my Never Alone run keeps proceeding forward! Part 2 is up for you to watch, and I'll put up a part every 2 days, so stay tuned if you want to see how the story continues! 

Edited by Omar
  • Like 1

Congrats on yet another plat :yay:. I miss unlocking new plats.

Thank you mate, and don't get to the point where you miss getting plats, keep scoring them! (Easy to say when I don't have over ONE HUNDRED like you, but I keep my statement lol)

So what is next for the almighty Dragon, anything in mind? xD

Thank you mate, and don't get to the point where you miss getting plats, keep scoring them! (Easy to say when I don't have over ONE HUNDRED like you, but I keep my statement lol)

So what is next for the almighty Dragon, anything in mind? xD

Lol, ok :lol:.

I'm still mainly playing Star Ocean The Last Hope, while playing some Vita games once in a while. Already decided which trophy to get for #6,000 :D.

• Like 1

Lol, ok :lol:.

I'm still mainly playing Star Ocean The Last Hope, while playing some Vita games once in a while. Already decided which trophy to get for #6,000 :D.

Wow, SO4 is quite the grindfest, but I'm sure you'll add that plat to your list soon enough :)

You can't just drop the 6k bomb and not tell me which trophy will get that honor! xD

Wow, SO4 is quite the grindfest, but I'm sure you'll add that plat to your list soon enough :)

You can't just drop the 6k bomb and not tell me which trophy will get that honor! xD

I'm planning to make it plat #150 :D.

Sure I can, that's what I always do :P. I thought you knew me better than that. Care to take a guess?

I'm planning to make it plat #150 :D.

Sure I can, that's what I always do :P. I thought you knew me better than that. Care to take a guess?

Oh okay, let's get some facts straight: you have 110 plats so the SO4 plat will take some time if you want it to be your #150. Then you have 5,576 trophies so you are still some games away from 6,000.....all in all, I have no idea what you're choosing, sorry xD

Oh okay, let's get some facts straight: you have 110 plats so the SO4 plat will take some time if you want it to be your #150. Then you have 5,576 trophies so you are still some games away from 6,000.....all in all, I have no idea what you're choosing, sorry xD

LOL, I was expecting a logical conclusion, but this one was simply amazing :D. You almost guessed I would become a member of the Guide Team, so I thought you were able to figure it out.

LOL, I was expecting a logical conclusion, but this one was simply amazing :D. You almost guessed I would become a member of the Guide Team, so I thought you were able to figure it out.

Hahahaha true, I guess I was inspired that day, I really though you were becoming a mod, should've known it was Guide Team stuff, you've pretty good at them xD

So you have picked your 6000th choice, but you won't reveal it just yet right? Is it from an unreleased game? I'd love to make FFXV's plat my 4000th trophy if possible :D

Whatever it is you've chosen, I bet it will be epic enough!

• Like 1

I bring gaming news!! I have started both Driveclub and Guacamelee and I'll aim at platting the latter and make it my 66th, having tons of fun with it! xD

My completion is definitely hurting from my game starting spree, but I have been in polishing mode for quite a while and I want to start a bunch of new stuff, I'll temper my numbers as I wrap the new games up :D

My Never Alone journey on Youtube is also proceeding forward, and the plot is getting more intense!! 

I hope you enjoy if you watch ^^

Edited by Omar
  • Like 2

:platinum: #66 - Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

1L3546d3.png

Guacamelee! Platinum Trophy - Luchador #1!

.Achieved: August 23rd, 2015

.PSNP's RS: Rare

.Difficulty: 4

.Enjoyment: 8

I jumped into this game expecting much less fun-wise, so it was quite a pleasant surprise! Gameplay is button-mashing but has some depth to it and quite some room for skill. The Spanish blending, the script, the puns, the jokes and the references to other games or game features are mostly hilarious and I had a great time going through the game. Collectibles didn't get to feel tedious as they are creatively positioned. The Infierno challenges and the game's Hard mode fell a bit short in their efforts for providing a fully challenging experience, and that was a tad underwhelming. However, the game is still tons of fun to play and not too hard to complete, so you should definitely check it out!  xD

Now working on Driveclub and Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc!! :D

Edited by Omar
  • Like 4

:platinum: #66 - Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

1L3546d3.png

Guacamelee! Platinum Trophy - Luchador #1!

.Achieved: August 23rd, 2015

.PSNP's RS: Rare

.Difficulty: 4

.Enjoyment: 8

I jumped into this game expecting much less fun-wise, so it was quite a pleasant surprise! Gameplay is button-mashing but has some depth to it and quite some room for skill. The Spanish blending, the script, the puns, the jokes and the references to other games or game features are mostly hilarious and I had a great time going through the game. Collectibles didn't get to feel tedious as they are creatively positioned. The Infierno challenges and the game's Hard mode fell a bit short in their efforts for providing a fully challenging experience, and that was a tad underwhelming. However, the game is still tons of fun to play and not too hard to complete, so you should definitely check it out!  xD

Now working on Driveclub and Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc!! :D

Congratulations Omar on your new plat !!! i see a lot new plat on your list :) what will your 75 plat?

• Like 1

Congratulations Omar on your new plat !!! i see a lot new plat on your list :) what will your 75 plat?

Thanks Cassio!! I decided to start a bunch of stuff at late July and I am now reaping the plats :D

I have no #75 choice yet, but I see the number getting closer and closer so I'd better pick one ASAP.....if I can make it work, I'll try to get Disgaea 5 as my 75th plat xD

• Like 1

Nice wor on your last platinum man.

Also,great list of trophies  ^_^

Thanks Roster13, Guacamelee is extremely fun to play, definitely a mood and pace changer from all those JRPG's I dealt with during June and July lol 

And thanks also for complimenting my trophy list, it motivates me to make it even better :D

Nice trophy checklist m8 :D

Thanks mate!! Nice to see you around here, thanks for stopping by xD

Edited by Omar