Mayweather vs Pacquiao: Do you agree with the judges decision to award Floyd Mayweather winner on points?

Goro

Mayweather vs Pacquiao: Do you agree with the judges decision to award Floyd Mayweather winner on points?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Mayweather vs Pacquiao: Do you agree with the judges decision to award Floyd Mayweather winner on points?

• Yes
    • No

They both cancelled each other out. 

So it's hard to tell. 

It was close but if the professionals say floyd won then I guess he won. 

I'm not educated enough to pick out a winner for myself lol and I only saw the last 4 rounds. 

From what I saw of that, it was close and nothing happened. 

• Like 1

It was close but if the professionals say floyd won then I guess he won. 

Even if the "professionals" (commentators/judges) were clearly incredibly biased and obviously receiving backhanders from "The Money Team"?

Even if the "professionals" (commentators/judges) were clearly incredibly biased and obviously receiving backhanders from "The Money Team"?

That I'll agree with, judges idk. But the commentators I was listening to seemed to be sucking the money dick. 

Problem here is it was a big fight bring watched by the world if which 90% know nothing about scoring a fight. Mayweather won the fight comfortably and i wanted Manny to win. He did the better cleaner work. He made Manny miss and countered him throughout. Manny didn't throw in bunches like he should have, single shots were never going to be enough. I had it 117-111, gave Pac rounds 4, 6 & 9.

Side note, anyone watch Lomachenko? He is technically brilliant!!

This ^ 

I saw Floyd in control at all times. 

Sadly I was taking a nap from all the stuff I did getting the place ready for the fight, only saw the last few rounds of Santa Cruz vs. Cayetano and the main event xD

This was meant to be fight of the century but came no where close, you'll see more action on Jerry Springer.

The event last night was a Boxing match, not a street fight.

Edited by Ramonachan

come on man..paq did like 4-5 combos in 5 rounds and you're gonna say he didnt even land at least  one or two clean punches per combo? it was clear that mayweather wasnt in his element and practically tried to last it out like he knew he would win if it came down to judges' decision. yeah, mayweather got some nice dodge and punch like four times but come on..that couldn't have won him the match. and about the stats, maybe i'm retarded or something but mayweather throwing more punches that paq? come on, man..did we watch the same fight? manny clearly should've won. also, what's with mayweather being happy and all that before even being announced winner? i mean it was at least a really close match, you can't just celebrate like that unless you know something we don't.

The event last night was a Boxing match, not a street fight.

That's not what's he's saying. The point he's making is that this was supposed to be THE fight everyone had hoped for. So yeah it WAS supposed to be both of them going at it, but when one's on the offensive, and the other just backpedals and runs for most of the night, then they might as well have played freeze tag. Glad I saved $100. Got updates on Facebook lol.

come on man..paq did like 4-5 combos in 5 rounds and you're gonna say he didnt even land at least  one or two clean punches per combo? it was clear that mayweather wasnt in his element and practically tried to last it out like he knew he would win if it came down to judges' decision. yeah, mayweather got some nice dodge and punch like four times but come on..that couldn't have won him the match. and about the stats, maybe i'm retarded or something but mayweather throwing more punches that paq? come on, man..did we watch the same fight? manny clearly should've won. also, what's with mayweather being happy and all that before even being announced winner? i mean it was at least a really close match, you can't just celebrate like that unless you know something we don't.

Manny caught him in round 4 and he won that round fair and square, same with 6 & 9 but he lost the rest. You do realise boxing is scored on a 10 point must system round by round, it is not about who you think won?! The stats are not always 100% accurate but it was clear to see from the opening bell who was in control of this fight! He was happy because he had just been involved in the fight so he knew it went well and he had won, it was merely a formality waiting for the cards, it was not close!!

That's not what's he's saying. The point he's making is that this was supposed to be THE fight everyone had hoped for. So yeah it WAS supposed to be both of them going at it, but when one's on the offensive, and the other just backpedals and runs for most of the night, then they might as well have played freeze tag. Glad I saved $100. Got updates on Facebook lol.

There is more to boxing than just 2 guys hitting each other, It is called the sweet science for a reason, it has important fundamentals like footwork and movement which Mayweather is the best out there at doing. Purists like myself enjoy watching these skilful fighters perform, it tends to only be big fights like this where all the casuals watch it because everyone else is doing so. They are blood thirsty and want to see KOs etc and not much else.

Edited by freddie1989
  • Like 3

I'm not the least surprised Floyd won by decision after running and hugging the whole fight. That's how he wins most of his fights. There's a reason he's undefeated, and it has nothing to do with skill.

I don't care for either of these guys too much. But Floyd needs to be knocked out by a real boxer (like Tyson) so he can stop gloating about how 'good' he is.

• Like 4

I'm not the least surprised Floyd won by decision after running and hugging the whole fight. That's how he wins most of his fights. There's a reason he's undefeated, and it has nothing to do with skill.

I don't care for either of these guys too much. But Floyd needs to be knocked out by a real boxer (like Tyson) so he can stop gloating about how 'good' he is.

I take it you don't watch much boxing then??

• Like 2

To be honest, I think they both sold themselves short this match. None of them were in their prime so I wasn't expecting much. Manny did good on the offensive and Floyd stole the defensive. At the end defensive won and Floyd is now TBE. 

Also the people who are talking down Pretty Boy, go and research the rules of boxing then you'll understand why Pretty Boy won. Also maybe you guys put too much hope into Manny that it's blinding your judgment? Also Manny's camp is claiming that he had a shoulder injury that was still healing. 

Floyd maybe certain things  but he certainly got skills to back it up if the rounds turned against his favor.

To be honest, I think they both sold themselves short this match. None of them were in their prime so I wasn't expecting much. Manny did good on the offensive and Floyd stole the defensive. At the end defensive won and Floyd is now TBE. 

Also the people who are talking down Pretty Boy, go and research the rules of boxing then you'll understand why Pretty Boy won. Also maybe you guys put too much hope into Manny that it's blinding your judgment? Also Manny's camp is claiming that he had a shoulder injury that was still healing. 

Floyd maybe certain things  but he certainly got skills to back it up if the rounds turned against his favor.

I don't want it to sound like excuses are necessary but Manny may be truthful about the injury because that didn't seem like Manny Pacquiao in there last night and $60M is a lot of money to pull out last minute for. That being said, he lost fair and square and was outboxed for the duration!!

Skill wise Mayweather is one of the best ever, you don't win 5 divisional world titles and go 48-0 against the level of opponent he has if you cant box!!

Manny caught him in round 4 and he won that round fair and square, same with 6 & 9 but he lost the rest. You do realise boxing is scored on a 10 point must system round by round, it is not about who you think won?! The stats are not always 100% accurate but it was clear to see from the opening bell who was in control of this fight! He was happy because he had just been involved in the fight so he knew it went well and he had won, it was merely a formality waiting for the cards, it was not close!!

mayweather was in control of the fight? rofl. we seriously didn't watch the same fight. paq controlled most of it after the first round except the last two which he himself said that he didn't go so hard because he though he won. also, i do realise how boxing works. i boxd myself for 3 years in highschool and my coach made me know the rules inside out. and about the "happiness" , he was not happy, he said it out loud im the best ever, i won, insert other retard bragging before being announced winner . floyd has a nice style but stop being a fanboy. get some matches like muhammad ali vs joe frazier(god rest his soul) and watch how two fucking titans fight, taken in consideration that they were almost twice their weight and 15 rounds and they still fought like hell.they also defended, dodged and hit, had the greateast footwork but they were real boxers that knew what this sport really is at its' core. i'm  sorry, maybe i'm ridiculous but this can't be the fight of the century.

Edited by yourwifemykidsx

Isn't Tyson retired? lmao

Yeah, I was referring to Tyson back when he actually fought. Tyson of today would probably be too busy playing with his pigeons to fight.

Manny did good on the offensive and Floyd stole the defensive. At the end defensive won and Floyd is now TBE. 

I won't disagree with that. 21 of Floyd's 48 wins have been by decision. The last time he won by something other than decision was in 2011. He's good at that. He's quick and good on defense.

I'm sure some people like watching his technical boxing, but lots of people (myself included) find that boring. There's a reason boxing isn't as popular as it used to be. Idk, maybe I'm just upset that it didn't live up to the hype. This fight really should've happened all those years ago, when they were first talking about it.

mayweather was in control of the fight? rofl. we seriously didn't watch the same fight. paq controlled most of it after the first round except the last two which he himself said that he didn't go so hard because he though he won. also, i do realise how boxing works. i boxd myself for 3 years in highschool and my coach made me know the rules inside out. and about the "happiness" , he was not happy, he said it out loud im the best ever, i won, insert other retard bragging before being announced winner . floyd has a nice style but stop being a fanboy. get some matches like muhammad ali vs joe frazier(god rest his soul) and watch how two fucking titans fight, taken in consideration that they were almost twice their weight and 15 rounds and they still fought like hell.they also defended, dodged and hit, had the greateast footwork but they were real boxers that knew what this sport really is at its' core. i'm  sorry, maybe i'm ridiculous but this can't be the fight of the century.

Dude you are twisting your own words, you said he was happy after the fight I couldn't care less!! I was merely pointing why that was!! What do you deem to be control? Are you the simple minded who thinks control is the guy walking forward? It is not, Mayweather dictated, he made Manny lead and then countered him throughout to the point that come the later rounds Manny became gun shy and wouldn't throw!!!

I am no fanboy, in fact I think the guy is a moron who loves his wallet too much BUT I am a boxing fan and he is a tremendous boxer as is Manny!!! I have watched Ali/Frazier, Ali/Foreman etc and all the great fights but I also watched Jacobs/Truax, Dirrell/Jack last week and clearly the guys voting on this poll have no idea what I am talking about as they are not fans of the sport they are casuals following the hype!!

Never called this the 'fight of the century' that was the rest of the worlds take on it and I knew as a knowledgable fan that it would not live up to the hype!!!

I won't disagree with that. 21 of Floyd's 48 wins have been by decision. The last time he won by something other than decision was in 2011. He's good at that. He's quick and good on defense.

I'm sure some people like watching his technical boxing, but lots of people (myself included) find that boring. There's a reason boxing isn't as popular as it used to be. Idk, maybe I'm just upset that it didn't live up to the hype. This fight really should've happened all those years ago, when they were first talking about it.

In boxing, there's two ways to fight. One is pure savagery and the other is technical timing with precision shots. Mayweather did technical timing and gave Manny precision shots look at the scorecard for proof (Not the best for proof but close enough).

• Like 1