Challenge Maps

I've only unlocked 2 of them so far and haven't played them yet.

By just looking through them it does seem that you have to at least play on hard to be able to get gold. Anyone who has played any of them is it hard to get gold?

Edited by snakebit10
  • Like 1

I tried the first one last night on Hard.. The highest I was able to get was 11100 out of the 11300 required... it was something like that.

Uber will most likely be the way to get it because it most likely adds a few extras enemies.  Headshots and multiple kills = many points.

• Like 1

Yes you must play on death incarnate difficulty to achieve gold. Uber didn't make it any easier. In fact they spam you with more grenades. Headshots, combos and explosive kills is the way to go. You need like 80% of kills to be with headshots for gold. I did the first 3 challenges in a row, and it takes several attempts to figure out a good strategy.

Do the challenge maps on Uber. It's harder sure, but more enemies spawn. So you have more chances to get combos and get a higher score for gold. I have all but one right now. 

I did all the challenge maps on death incarnate and get all the gold at least.

That was not hard but really anoying...

• 4 weeks later...

Really really struggling with the work shop.  I've watched about 10 videos on this one and i just cannot aim like these people.  I tried both "camping" methods too and always either run out of ammo, or run out of health.

Really really struggling with the work shop.  I've watched about 10 videos on this one and i just cannot aim like these people.  I tried both "camping" methods too and always either run out of ammo, or run out of health.

This shouldn't take more than 2-3 min. If your aim is off go for explosive kills and rapid streaks. The corner in the right provides decent cover. If you're running out of ammo you're not killing them fast enough

This shouldn't take more than 2-3 min. If your aim is off go for explosive kills and rapid streaks. The corner in the right provides decent cover. If you're running out of ammo you're not killing them fast enough

Thats the method im using right now, from the start point run up and make a u-turn and crouch and camp right there.  i seem to run out of ammo every time and have to run up and try to grab some from the corpses and run back but either i get my ass shot to death or i just get really screwed up and im down to 20% health by the time i make it back to that spot.  i must have played this challenge 100 times today, and its very very frustrating.  the previous ones were a good difficulty, but this i just cannot seem to make anything work.  

i tried the stairs camp idea and that fails every time even faster.  the one thing that seems to get me everytime is theres an elite soldier that hides around the right side theres a opening and that bitch just pegs me everytime and i cannot seem to get him he either peeps out then peeps out crouched.  what a pain in the ass this one is.

OK, so after cussing it out all last night and saying the hell with it i tried it today and third attempt i got 16100.  Compared to my highest after 4 hours straight of trying over and over of 12900 i think im getting somewhere for sure.  There is hope.  im finding if i  walk up there and nail those two soldiers who turn into zombies right away and can get the double points from them AND grab their dropped ammo, which is making this easier.  then after the first wave attacks i go up a bit grab the ammo from the closest guys dropped and slowly work my way backwards into that little cubby again.  aiming "head high" and strafing left and right is working out too as i can "spray" the rounds as suggested above.  thanks for the tips so far guys, i might actually get this one.  i fear the last 2 i have after this one will be even worse, im really hoping not though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

With the guide videos out there the 3 I did were more annoying and luck based than anything. Workshop, the bridge, and the cable car are the only other ones I foresee giving me any problems.

Workshop is pretty simple, takes about 2 minutes. Just hide behind the car on the left, in the beginning of the map. 

They can't deal much damage from there, but you should always keep an eye on the nazis that rush towards you.

Workshop is pretty simple, takes about 2 minutes. Just hide behind the car on the left, in the beginning of the map.

They can't deal much damage from there, but you should always keep an eye on the nazis that rush towards you.

Just pulled off 18300 on Workshop using that strategy along with headshotting at least 2 of the 3 zombies that it starts with. I realized that if you quick pop into looking down the barrel/scope it actually somewhat auto aims at enemies. Aim high enough and you pull off headshot combos like mad when they bunch up. Also got amazingly lucky and took out like 4 or 5 guys with my only grenade gun shot. Was touchy at the end because one last shotgunner was left and I barely had any ammo left.

Just pulled off 18300 on Workshop using that strategy along with headshotting at least 2 of the 3 zombies that it starts with. I realized that if you quick pop into looking down the barrel/scope it actually somewhat auto aims at enemies. Aim high enough and you pull off headshot combos like mad when they bunch up. Also got amazingly lucky and took out like 4 or 5 guys with my only grenade gun shot. Was touchy at the end because one last shotgunner was left and I barely had any ammo left.

Good work! Always save at least one sniper shot for the shotgunner. He is really simple, just shoot in the tank on his back and it's done. If you are lucky enough, he will kill others close to him, getting you a nice combo. 

For the most part of the game, including the challenges, i no-scoped everyone (except with the sniper). The assault rifle somehow stays with the same accuracy, so it's easier to aim at the heads. Two shots and they are dead.

A nice combination of weapons for the challenges are Assault + Sniper. Some levels you will need to use the Kampfpistol to kill the Super Soldats.

Luckily that last shotgunner was having pathing issues because he didn't move towards me and was close enough to an explosive tank that I damaged him with it. Used my last two sniper shots to get him from there. The last 6 I have I'm not too worried about. The videos out there have given me great tactics towards them.

A few of the later levels I found a bit frustrating, but just keep at them and eventually you'll get a good run.   Silenced pistol kills are useful at the beginning of some of the levels, and when it all kicks off, AR & Sniper are your best friends, but don't pass on using the Kampfpistol, can be very handy for groups of enemies and good combos, and is pretty much a must for the later stages of the last challenge.   I played on Uber but I imagine Death Inc. is fine too.

A few of the later levels I found a bit frustrating, but just keep at them and eventually you'll get a good run.   Silenced pistol kills are useful at the beginning of some of the levels, and when it all kicks off, AR & Sniper are your best friends, but don't pass on using the Kampfpistol, can be very handy for groups of enemies and good combos, and is pretty much a must for the later stages of the last challenge.   I played on Uber but I imagine Death Inc. is fine too.

I had a little trouble on Wulfburg Square, so i had to play safe mode by climbing the tower. 

I didn't use silenced pistol, but trying to get headshots with the knife normally gets you around 1000.

I had a little trouble on Wulfburg Square, so i had to play safe mode by climbing the tower. 

I didn't use silenced pistol, but trying to get headshots with the knife normally gets you around 1000.

Took me a few attempts to get through the Square too, pretty sure I resorted to climbing the tower as well!  Lol   The Caves gave me a bit of a headache, and the last part of the last level was precarious to say the least.  Yeah I used the knife a few times, but sometimes it doesn't have the required range of the pistol obviously.  Good fun nevertheless.  :)

Took me a few attempts to get through the Square too, pretty sure I resorted to climbing the tower as well!  Lol   The Caves gave me a bit of a headache, and the last part of the last level was precarious to say the least.  Yeah I used the knife a few times, but sometimes it doesn't have the required range of the pistol obviously.  Good fun nevertheless.   :)

For me the challenges were better than the actual game.

Throwing knives have the same range as the pistol and gives you 300 points more!