Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night announced for PS4

Koji Igarashi (the former director of Castlevania in case you don't know) has announced his spiritual successor to Castlevania, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. The game has a Kickstarter campaign, which has been successfully funded.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/11/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-is-coming-to-ps4/

And here's the Kickstarter if you wish to donate:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/

I think it looks pretty damn cool! I'm definitely backing this soon!

Edited by ShadowStar83x
  • Like 2

Glad to see that the game reached it's funding goals in the 1st day. Castlevania was one of my favorite franchises growing up. The trend of "classic series gets revived through Kickstarter" continues. This will be the third recent project that I'm really excited about joining Mighty No. 9 (Mega Man) and Yooka-Laylee (Banjo-Kazooie spiritual successor). Can't wait to see how these games turn out. 

Edited by MStalker58

I have never backed anything on Kickstarter before but I just had to for this. Publishers think we don't want games like this anymore, I hope this shows that there is still an audience for this kind of game.

Games that they think we don't want anymore keep doing well on Kickstarter. You'd think they'd get the message by now...

$28 for a digital download is a heck of a lot of money for people backing an unknown game. You would think they would let backers get it for a cheaper price. 

Yeah, but most are going for the physical edition.

Edited by ShadowStar83x

Just finished watching Colin Moriarty interview Igarashi about the game and it was pretty cool to hear him talk about it first hand. Im definitely more interested in it now after watching the video, and it also shed some light as to why they chose kickstarter and the current situation at Konami etc etc. 

Video for those interested:

No godammit, don't get David Hayter as a voice actor, he sucks ass! The last thing I want is a character sounding like Solid "I'm grizzled because my voice is gravelly" Snake. :T

He doesn't sound like Snake irl at all. He's actually pretty good imo

• 3 weeks later...

Though $60 is a steep investment for a game that is still a year or two out from any kind of release, and a game that I'm only mildly interested in... I almost NEVER see Kickstarter campaigns that actually offer physical copies of the finished product (I will NOT be adding full digital games to this PSN account, so anything where digital is the only option is out of the running immediately).  I've never really backed anything before, and I almost want to back it just for that... and take my chances whether or not the game is my cup o' tea.

Yes... I do have disposable income. xD

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

• 1 year later...

The wait for its 2018 release doesn't bother me too much. I just hope when it comes out, it's actually good. I'm looking at you, Mighty No. 9. Would be nice if the first game I ever backed on Kickstarter didn't turn into a complete train wreck. I'm cautiously optimistic. :P

Edited by Undead Wolf

What's with all these kickstarters these days? Can the devs not fund the game themselves rather than asking the public for money? 

That's the point. They can't. Publishers don't like to take risks on games like this anymore as they don't see them as huge money makers, so they tun to crowdfunding instead. I don't see why it's such a bad thing. Sure, there are examples of people abusing Kickstarter, but it can be a way to get games that publishers have long since forgotten about.

• Like 1

That's the point. They can't. Publishers don't like to take risks on games like this anymore as they don't see them as huge money makers, so they tun to crowdfunding instead. I don't see why it's such a bad thing. Sure, there are examples of people abusing Kickstarter, but it can be a way to get games that publishers have long since forgotten about.

Well when you put it that way you do have i point i suppose.