Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

It is done... I have finally done it! After 2 years, the platinum is finally mine! So, it's time to give one final update and total all my stats;

Chaos Mode

Playtime- 15:39:21

Battles- 311

Max Level- 59 (Once again, Edge, Sarah, Myuria, and Bacchus)

47/47 Trophies

900/900 Battle Trophies

530:43:05- Main Playthrough

95:58:22- Faize Playthrough

11:12:43- Universe Playthrough

15:39:21- Chaos Playthrough

Grand total- 653:33:31

Congratulations, just wow by the amount of time needed :P sadly you didn't wait a couple more plats so you could give Star ocean a eternal milestone, plat 50. Regardless of that, congratulations, impressive stuff

• Like 1

It is done... I have finally done it! After 2 years, the platinum is finally mine! 

Congratulations. Now you are finally free. It took me almost 3 years to platinum Resonance of Fate, so I can relate. 

But, while I was actually sad to leave Basel behind, well... the moment the coveted SO4 plat pops, I will dive out of the USTA Calnus, laughing madly, and teleport out of there as fast as I can. After all this grind I will certainly feel the Star Burnout for a long time. No First Departure, or Second Evolution, or Till the End of Time for me in the near three-four months for sure. 

Edited by NetEntity
  • Like 1

Congrats!! :D Once my fever breaks again I'll get to firing up the oven to make your trophy :)

Awesome dude, cant wait to see it!

Congratulations, just wow by the amount of time needed :P sadly you didn't wait a couple more plats so you could give Star ocean a eternal milestone, plat 50. Regardless of that, congratulations, impressive stuff

Thanks! And I thought about saving it for 50, but I don't know when I'd get there, and I just so badly wanted the plat. Even though it won't be a milestone, it will eternally stay in my trophy cabinet, and probably my rarest trophy ever, and that's just as good

Congratulations. Now you are finally free. It took me almost 3 years to platinum Resonance of Fate, so I can relate. 

But, while I was actually sad to leave Basel behind, well... the moment the coveted SO4 plat pops, I will dive out of the USTA Calnus, laughing madly, and teleport out of there as fast as I can. After all this grind I will certainly feel the Star Burnout for a long time. No First Departure, or Second Evolution, or Till the End of Time for me in the near three-four months for sure. 

Thanks! And yeah, it's a bittersweet feeling, I really enjoyed the game, and leaving it kinda sucks. Haha, well, I can't have a Star Burnout, SO5 comes out in 3 months, and I gotta get prepped for that. I may break out my PS2 and play SO3 again because I never finished it. As for the first two, I don't have access to them. Hopefully they bring over the Second Evolution port with trophies and i can play that.

• Like 1

It is done... I have finally done it! After 2 years, the platinum is finally mine! So, it's time to give one final update and total all my stats;

Chaos Mode

Playtime- 15:39:21

Battles- 311

Max Level- 59 (Once again, Edge, Sarah, Myuria, and Bacchus)

47/47 Trophies

900/900 Battle Trophies

530:43:05- Main Playthrough

95:58:22- Faize Playthrough

11:12:43- Universe Playthrough

15:39:21- Chaos Playthrough

Grand total- 653:33:31

I tip my hat to thee, fine sir :)

A battle well fought and a reward well deserved

IMPORTANT:

So remember how I talked about a way to have more time to complete this event? I think it's about time to reveal how that's going to work. After July 1 2016 members can't enter this event any more. However, participants can still go for the 5 rewards until December 31 2016. That should give them enough time to plat the game or save it for a special milestone. So be kind to Dave and plat that game before the deadline, that way he won't have to create all those rewards all at once. Do keep in mind that there will also be a Let's Play SO5 later this year.

Awesome, congrats :yay:.

Wow that's a relief.  I know I've disappeared for, well... about a year but I'm still alive.  Will be getting back into this after I finish my current plat but with something evil which eats all my time (lets call this evil "work") I have had to put all grinding on the backburner.  But summer approaches.  And to the kids still in school, let me tell you a simple fact- the teachers long for summer break more than you do.  

Edited by HatiRagnarsson
  • Like 1

Got another Hidden Weapon today :) I am still missing 3 from the WD so I plan to everyday at least try to get 1 by running up and down the WD until the RNG Gods give it to me :( I found a treasure list on Google so hopefully that gives me some help when trying to find the weapons. Although I found the Blazing Wand on a different floor than they said so who the fuck knows :(

Haven't updated in awhile :)

I got Arumat's 1000 Blindsides. Wasn't meaning to get it but I guess I only needed 2 or 3 more as it unlocked during a boss fight when I switched to him because Edge had died.

I FINALLY finished the Quest Trophy

I was able to find all but 1 of the random Weapons in the Wandering Dungeon. I just need to find the Blood Sceptre and then after that it is the 2 synthesized weapons from EQ feathers and EQ's weapon needed for the trophy.

I am thinking about doing EQ on my Arumat Earth Playthrough (the one I did the quest trophy on). It would mean leveling people up to 255 and getting enough money to build some good gear....do you think the lower difficulty is worth it or should I just do it on my Galaxy playthrough? Anyone who has beaten her I would appreciate the advice.

APRIL GOALS
Quest Trophy Completed

Weapons Trophy Completed

Creation Trophy Completed

Monster Trophy Completed

Edge 100% BTS

Lymle 100% BTS

Edge's Battle Trophies-99% (0)

Faize's Battle Trophies-100%

Reimi's Battle Trophies-100%

Lymle's Battle Trophies-97% (0)

Meracle's Battle Trophies-100%

Bacchus' Battle Trophies-100%

Myuria's Battle Trophies-100%

Sarah's Battle Trophies-100%

Arumat's Battle Trophies-98% (1) - Earned 1000 Blindsides

41/47 Trophies  - 894/900 Battle Trophies - I have no idea what my time is. I will calculate it at the end :P

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

Oh the Colosseum battles. Are you wishing for a Retry button about now?

Tri Ace really knows how to take the piss with making you go through all the dialog every single time.

Nah, RoF's Arena has already taught me to endure this kind of shit.

Plus I've died only once so far and that was back when Ashlay still was the champion. Aka I went in blindly and got my winged ass promptly kicked.

Update: All done with the coliseum battles (except for Edge and Faize, obviously).  Will try to get races out of the way next... all 90 of them... *groan* 

Edited by NetEntity

I'm not sure if this was the smartest thing to do, but since I didn't feel like actively playing much, I used the turbo controller + tape method to grind Arumat and others from lvl 70 to lvl 250 while also getting him 30k kills. I hope I'm strong enough to beat Gabriel now.(Haven't tried fighting him. 7SD was way too strong for my lvl 70 party, so I went to the Palace of Creation and stayed there ever since).

As for coliseum, I found the best way for me to do it, is have a turbo controller mash X, and when you're about to hit the verification screen, turn off turbo, select the weakest opponent, and then turn on turbo again. Then do something else, like play your Vita, watch TV, or play SO5. Like this, you only need to touch your controller every 45s or so, not the greatest, but it does take away the finger strain.

For anyone on this ardrous quest who is losing Hope(rimshot), I have here a nice video you can watch: A Speed Run of the original version of this game by RPG Limit Break, a group dedicated to speed-running RPGs. They do relay races of RPGs and recently did a Star Ocean relay race ending with this game. It's gotten me a bit interested in the game. Also, it would be super sweet to have one of those badass trophies that Dav forges on my blog. :D

LINK TO SPEED RUN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v2S23fnxJs

Edited by DetectiveCJ

UPDATE TIME

Update 1-Attempted the EQ 4 times...no luck :( I have decided to try her later and for now just concentrate on beating her 5 times for enough Feathers to create everything.

Update 2-Found the Blood Sceptre :D Just need to craft Rumble Claws for the Weapons Trophy

Update 3-I Beat the EQ so that Earned me 2 trophies. 1 for beating her and 1 for killing all monsters

Update 4-Earned the final Damage Trophy after getting Lymle's 12,345 Exact Damage. I will say when I first started getting BTs those ones worried me. The Synthing in this game seems really confusing but I found some good guides and got advice here so that wasn't as bad as it first seemed :)

Update 5-Got 10 Taunts against the EQ

Update 6-Beat the Queen 3 times now. I just need to do it 2 more times and I will have all the Creation Items. One more run up the Dungeon should do it :)

APRIL GOALS
Quest Trophy Completed

Weapons Trophy Completed

Monster Trophy Completed

Edge 100% BTS

Lymle 100% BTS

Lymle's Battle Trophies-98% (1) - Earned 12,345 Exact Damage

Arumat's Battle Trophies-99% (1) - Taunted the Ethereal Queen 10 times

43/47 Trophies  - 896/900 Battle Trophies - I have no idea what my time is. I will calculate it at the end :P

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 2

UPDATE TIME

Update 1-Attempted the EQ 4 times...no luck :( I have decided to try her later and for now just concentrate on beating her 5 times for enough Feathers to create everything.

Update 2-Found the Blood Sceptre :D Just need to craft Rumble Claws for the Weapons Trophy

Update 3-I Beat the EQ so that Earned me 2 trophies. 1 for beating her and 1 for killing all monsters

Update 4-Earned the final Damage Trophy after getting Lymle's 12,345 Exact Damage. I will say when I first started getting BTs those ones worried me. The Synthing in this game seems really confusing but I found some good guides and got advice here so that wasn't as bad as it first seemed :)

APRIL GOALS

Quest Trophy Completed

Weapons Trophy Completed

Monster Trophy Completed

Edge 100% BTS

Lymle 100% BTS

Lymle's Battle Trophies-98% (1) - Earned 12,345 Exact Damage

Arumat's Battle Trophies-98% (0)

43/47 Trophies  - 895/900 Battle Trophies - I have no idea what my time is. I will calculate it at the end :P

Do you have another save file where EQ is still on her 2 winged form?

Geez, I'm so incredibly tired of killing bees and bats... but it's finally over now and my April goal has been achieved! Arumat BTs are now at 100%. Here are the new numbers xD

Edge - 100
Reimi - 100
Faize - 83
Lymle - 100
Bacchus - 100
Meracle - 100
Sarah - 100
Myuria - 100
Arumat - 100 (+10)

42/47 Trophies - 883/900 Battle Trophies - 403:14 Hours

Goals for May

1) Finish up BTs for Faize;

2) Quick playthrough on Universe difficulty;

3) Quick playthrough on Chaos difficulty;

4) Earn that sweet, sweet SO4 :platinum: trophy thus completing thy epic quest!

• Like 4

Geez, I'm so incredibly tired of killing bees and bats... but it's finally over now and my April goal has been achieved! Arumat BTs are now at 100%. Here are the new numbers xD

Edge - 100

Reimi - 100

Faize - 83

Lymle - 100

Bacchus - 100

Meracle - 100

Sarah - 100

Myuria - 100

Arumat - 100 (+10)

Goals for May

I am reading this as I am killing Bees and Bats :P

Congrats, you are home free now :D

Great work, Mayus! I have a feeling you'll get the platinum soon enough! ^_^

After seeing that one trophy about having to do EXACT damage, it's scared me away from the game again. :(

Thanks :D. There are enough guides out there but they are intimidating at first ;(

Didn't quite make my April goals :( But for May here are my last goals. I just need these 4 BTs and the Plat is MINE :D

Edge
093: Defeat 30,000 enemies

Lymle

088: Defeat the Ethereal Queen
100: Defeat the Ethereal Queen within 10 minutes

Arumat

098: Defeat 30,000 enemies

APRIL GOALS
Quest Trophy Completed

Weapons Trophy Completed

Monster Trophy Completed

Edge 100% BTS

Lymle 100% BTS

Edge's Battle Trophies-99%

Lymle's Battle Trophies-98%

Arumat's Battle Trophies-99%

45/47 Trophies  - 896/900 Battle Trophies - I have no idea what my time is. I will calculate it at the end :P

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

I recently got the trophy for beating Gabriel Celeste and that took way longer than 10 minutes :|. I did manage to get the final hit with Meracle though.

Made through brimstone and fire, blacksmiths and dragons, and a long history of whether sub or dub anime is better!

Obviously subs are better :awesome:.

I have joined you on your epic quest. I won't be able to platinum the game by the time the event ends, but I finally bought the game.

You should totally make one of these for Mugen Souls as well

Yay, welcome to the event :highfive:.

Are people interested in a Mugen Souls event?

For anyone on this ardrous quest who is losing Hope(rimshot), I have here a nice video you can watch: A Speed Run of the original version of this game by RPG Limit Break, a group dedicated to speed-running RPGs. They do relay races of RPGs and recently did a Star Ocean relay race ending with this game. It's gotten me a bit interested in the game. Also, it would be super sweet to have one of those badass trophies that Dav forges on my blog. :D

LINK TO SPEED RUN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v2S23fnxJs

The story isn't that long and it can be done within 20 hours on the hardest difficulty. It's the grinding that's so tedious.

Edge - 100
Reimi - 100
Faize - 83
Lymle - 100
Bacchus - 100
Meracle - 100
Sarah - 100
Myuria - 100
Arumat - 100 (+10)

Goals for May

Didn't quite make my April goals :( But for May here are my last goals. I just need these 4 BTs and the Plat is MINE :D

Edge
093: Defeat 30,000 enemies

Lymle

088: Defeat the Ethereal Queen
100: Defeat the Ethereal Queen within 10 minutes

Arumat

098: Defeat 30,000 enemies

APRIL GOALS
Quest Trophy Completed

Weapons Trophy Completed

Monster Trophy Completed

Edge 100% BTS

Lymle 100% BTS

Edge's Battle Trophies-99%

Lymle's Battle Trophies-98%

Arumat's Battle Trophies-99%

45/47 Trophies  - 896/900 Battle Trophies - I have no idea what my time is. I will calculate it at the end :P

Nice, work :yay:, updated the OP.

Edited by Dragon-Archon