Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Meh, we dragons just ignite the rabbit hole and wait for the food to reach the surface. By that time they're usually crispy enough to eat. Simple and clean effective :awesome: .

This is more of the interdimensional rabbit hole that doesn't follow the laws of time and space and fractures too many times to count. And rabbits are secretly eldritch. :awesome:

Seriously, every ending of every alignment in every game is canon and has its own split. It's that wonderful.

Edited by NetEntity

14 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nicely done :yay: . How long did it take you to do those 60k kills?

Took me about 70 for Edge and I want to say 50 or 60 for Arumat. Arumat can just spam Dragon Roar and wipe out enemies in less than a few seconds, while for Edge you have to manually attack the enemies. For Arumat, I was averaging 11-14 enemies per 2 battles in the 7SD, while for Edge I was only getting 8-11 enemies per 3 battles, but only if I got lucky. Sometimes I would only get 10 kills per two battles since the third encounter was usually wandering off somewhere in the PoC. And it took longer for Edge because I only had 1000 kills before I started, while Arumat had over 8,000 before I started his. 

Edited by x410xDragon
  • Like 1

You can make the Edge/Arumat kill process a bit easier if you use Bacchus (with a minimum damage weapon) to pull all the enemies together -- I don't recall the name of his special attack because it's been far too long since I played the game, but he has one whose gravity will pull all the enemies together into a neat pile.  At least, that's the way I did it when I was farming those kills in the 7SD.

13 hours ago, acasser said:

You can make the Edge/Arumat kill process a bit easier if you use Bacchus (with a minimum damage weapon) to pull all the enemies together -- I don't recall the name of his special attack because it's been far too long since I played the game, but he has one whose gravity will pull all the enemies together into a neat pile.  At least, that's the way I did it when I was farming those kills in the 7SD.

It's Black Hole while having a Scumbag Slayer synthesized on another Scumbag Slayer. That reduces the attack with 100%.

Only 38 more battle trophies for Faize and I have all 900 battle trophies! I'm going to try and have them all before this upcoming weekend, but I've been busy with a few things lately. After which, I may go ahead and finish the game on Universe and Chaos and pop my :platinum:. I was going to make this game a milestone, but those are too much work as it is and I cannot be bothered. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, x410xDragon said:

Only 38 more battle trophies for Faize and I have all 900 battle trophies! I'm going to try and have them all before this upcoming weekend, but I've been busy with a few things lately. After which, I may go ahead and finish the game on Universe and Chaos and pop my :platinum:. I was going to make this game a milestone, but those are too much work as it is and I cannot be bothered. 

Nice, you sure work fast.

All 900 battle trophies have been obtained. It was one hell of a journey and all I need now is to complete both Universe and Chaos difficulties and the :platinum: is mine. I have to make a run on Galaxy, but I don't really care. 

Anyways, I'll post my times and share my insight on what I think may be helpful as I play through each difficulty. You may never know when you may need some extra help down the road. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, x410xDragon said:

All 900 battle trophies have been obtained. It was one hell of a journey and all I need now is to complete both Universe and Chaos difficulties and the :platinum: is mine. I have to make a run on Galaxy, but I don't really care. 

Anyways, I'll post my times and share my insight on what I think may be helpful as I play through each difficulty. You may never know when you may need some extra help down the road. 

Nice, congrats :yay: . That plat is almost yours.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, x410xDragon said:

Finally, got my platinum and boy oh boy, were those last two runs fun. Sorta wished I joined the board earlier, but hey, it happens. Just wanted to thank everyone for all the support while going for this platinum as it was one hell of a ride. 

Nice, congrats :yay: . How many hours did it take to you to plat it?

My total time was about 500 hours across all modes. Galaxy was done in under 10. Universe was done in 12 and Chaos in 14. I had to backtrack to get something on Chaos which added to my time. So, I can say that both Universe and Chaos can be done in about 12-13 hours, if you plan ahead and know what to look for. For the final boss, I was level 55 and 61, respectively. For the final boss, I highly recommend Stun for Edge combined with a weapon with two Ashlay Jewel factors. You get 7 in the main game and the other 5 can be combined into your armors once you get Sarah. Once I reached EN II on Universe, I had about 260k FOL and on Chaos about 333k FOL. Once you acquire the Foal Snaps on planet before Roak, equip it to Bacchus and the money just comes out of nowhere. The 25% FOL increase after every battle REALLY pays off in the end, especially once you reach EN II and need to make new gear.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
30 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

Is it time for the Epic Quest to return? :stalker:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6959-star-ocean-the-last-hope-remaster

Who's going for the stack? 

I would certainly be up to try my hand at the Epic Quest, though I would be using the PS3 version since that's the one that I have.