Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

:hmm: I may have an idea

I've thought at first to get as many people from the expedition team as possible (especially ones that completed the Quest) and... don't know... say farewell to our odyssey? Maybe even in character. Ones that didn't make it could tell how far they've came, perhaps.

• Like 2

I've thought at first to get as many people from the expedition team as possible (especially ones that completed the Quest) and... don't know... say farewell to our odyssey? Maybe even in character. Ones that didn't make it could tell how far they've came, perhaps.

That sounds like fun :D.

I just woke up to use the bathroom because I'm old and need to wake up a dozen times.

When I'm fully awake ill tell you my idea ;)

The suspense is real mwahaha

Sure, that's ok. In the meantime I'll go back to put the finishing touches on a new PSNP event :awesome:.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, x410xDragon said:

Currently working on Arumat's 30k and it is extremely boring. I managed to farm 300 battles yesterday and got his 15k battle trophy at around 250 battles. Thankfully, once I finish this all I have left is Edge and Bacchus, then it is off to my Faize run. 

You're making good progress, those kills and rare drops were very boring, but also very very rare to complete :)

3 hours ago, x410xDragon said:

Currently working on Arumat's 30k and it is extremely boring. I managed to farm 300 battles yesterday and got his 15k battle trophy at around 250 battles. Thankfully, once I finish this all I have left is Edge and Bacchus, then it is off to my Faize run. 

Nice work :yay: . Good luck with the grind.

Farmed over 600 battles (which evens out to 6300 kills) last night, just for my game to freeze at the 650 battles mark. Thankfully, I saved at the 400 battles mark and managed to make up 150 battles before falling asleep. I want to assume that I am around 25,000 kills now with Arumat. 

2 minutes ago, x410xDragon said:

Farmed over 600 battles (which evens out to 6300 kills) last night, just for my game to freeze at the 650 battles mark. Thankfully, I saved at the 400 battles mark and managed to make up 150 battles before falling asleep. I want to assume that I am around 25,000 kills now with Arumat. 

That sucks. You have to go and save ever 30 or so battles. I know it takes longer but it is way better than losing 150 battles :(

21 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

That sucks. You have to go and save ever 30 or so battles. I know it takes longer but it is way better than losing 150 battles :(

At least it's only 150 battles. I've lost almost all of my Edge kills to a save corruption (when I was like near 28k) and was basically forced to do the damn grind twice.

And before you ask, yes, IT DID LEAVE A MARK ON MY SANITY.

20 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

At least it's only 150 battles. I've lost almost all of my Edge kills to a save corruption (when I was like near 28k) and was basically forced to do the damn grind twice.

To the same degree as starting the game over twice (when I was about 90% done all missions) because the guide forgot to mark 2 quests as missable

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

To the same degree as starting the game over twice (when I was about 90% done all missions) because the guide forgot to mark 2 quests as missable

At least there is an option of making a quest run on Earth in like 7-10 hours, maybe even faster, cause Ashlay is OP.

I was forced to waste 50-60 more hours running around in that damn palace.

2 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

At least there is an option of making a quest run on Earth in like 7-10 hours, maybe even faster, cause Ashlay is OP.

I was forced to waste 50-60 more hours running around in that damn palace.

I think we can agree this game took something mentally out of everyone that competed ^_^

But yeah losing all your kills is complete bullshit

8 hours ago, NetEntity said:

7 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

It's not officially an epic quest until at least a few participants lost some of their sanity :giggle:.

On 27-12-2016 at 9:21 PM, x410xDragon said:

That sucks, like Mayus said: make regular saves. This game will freeze at the worst moments :shakefist: .

• Like 1

Finished Arumat's 30k kills and got him to 100%. 

EDIT: Now all I have left is Edge at 83%, Faize at 41%, Lymle at 99%, Bacchus at 94%, Meracle at 99% and finally Sarah at 99%.

- Edge needs a few things, but nothing too difficult. Mainly his 30k kills, humanoid kills, drops, and button mashes are all that is left. All of which I am doing at the PoC; though, once I get all of his other BT's and all that is remaining are his kills, I may use the 7SD method to farm kills. 

- Lymle has to only roll 10km for her last battle trophy, but that should not take very long considering I have rubberband ready.

- Bacchus just has his 255 jump attacks and his drops left. I'm doing both at the PoC.

- Meracle only needs to steal a weapon and she is at 100%.

- Sarah just needs to beat the final boss within 5 minutes, but honestly, I'm not too worried.

Edited by x410xDragon
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, x410xDragon said:

Finished Arumat's 30k kills and got him to 100%. 

EDIT: Now all I have left is Edge at 83%, Faize at 41%, Lymle at 99%, Bacchus at 94%, Meracle at 99% and finally Sarah at 99%.

- Edge needs a few things, but nothing too difficult. Mainly his 30k kills, humanoid kills, drops, and button mashes are all that is left. All of which I am doing at the PoC; though, once I get all of his other BT's and all that is remaining are his kills, I may use the 7SD method to farm kills. 

- Lymle has to only roll 10km for her last battle trophy, but that should not take very long considering I have rubberband ready.

- Bacchus just has his 255 jump attacks and his drops left. I'm doing both at the PoC.

- Meracle only needs to steal a weapon and she is at 100%.

- Sarah just needs to beat the final boss within 5 minutes, but honestly, I'm not too worried.

I assume Reimi Saionji BT are already done, thats nice :D good luck on the plat, I hope you will get it soon.

Edited by Saionji

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Well, I officially failed! I wouldn't mind doing ToS though! And I'll promise to finish the 1st playthrough at least.

Lol that's the second hardest one! Might as well go all in!

2 hours ago, XchocomanX said:

Easiest game to plat, right? xD

Exactly lolol

Though I will say it is my favorite tales game now. I don't know if it's just because it's an awesome game, or the 4 playthroughs :ninja: ......

Well either way It's definitely an awesome game

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Well, I officially failed! 

Ya me too, but I'm determined to do SO5, Dragon needs to extend that. I have to finish one of these! 

Well, this event has come to an end. I hope everyone retained their sanity had fun and look back at the journey to plat this game without regretting to sign up :lol: .

5 hours ago, XchocomanX said:

Please pick something less insane this time xD

5 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Tales of Symphonia :awesome:

I was referring to this event

5 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Well, I officially failed! I wouldn't mind doing ToS though! And I'll promise to finish the 1st playthrough at least.

Same here, though I did finish the first playthrough and was in the middle of the grinding part.

3 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Ya me too, but I'm determined to do SO5, Dragon needs to extend that. I have to finish one of these! 

How long would you need?

22 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

22 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I am down for a TOS Event? If Dragon won't do it maybe someone else will create one. I am sure we can get enough support. It is definitely on my plat list for this year

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

23 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

58 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I am down for a TOS Event? If Dragon won't do it maybe someone else will create one. I am sure we can get enough support. It is definitely on my plat list for this year

There is a Tales of event, but that one isn't specifically for Tales of Symphonia. IIRC @Superbuu3 also did a We Play ToS :hmm: .

• Like 1