Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

So that error keeps showing up and is preventing me from updating the OP. Tried using another browser, but that still messed things up.

Just seen this post, I'm working slowly but steadily on SO platinum, well I've worked on it for the past 4 years lol

Missing just Ultimate Battler and my sistuation is as follows:

Edge 100%

Reimi 100%

Faize 80%

Lymle 93%

Bacchus 100%

Meracle 100%

Sarah 100%

Myuria 100%

Arumat 96%

Currently I'm working on Lymle undead kills/drops, I'll do my best to complete it as my 50th platinum :D

Nice, I'll add you once I can properly update the OP again.

So hey you guys! Do you remember when I said, like, I'd get the platinum before the end of  the year? Well.....it didn't happen. Will definitely get to it before June 2016, I hope!

Lol, I've started playing the game too, so maybe we can motivate each other to keep at it.

I will Platinum this, I just have to feel like it -- I got started on it and yet I never finished it. I don't need to rush through it, just take my time. So maybe this year?

Just remember that this event will end in a few months.

My Journey has been completed by Poison, thy enemies are slayed and thy trophy has popped. :jaymon:

It seems that I've taken the long scenic route, and lost my focus on conquering battle trophies in the year 2012. :o

Thanks to this thread and many comrades :highfive:, it has gotten me back to my gaming goals and I feel motivated once again. 

My main trophy goals included: World Biggest Welch Fan, Monsters, Treasures, Weapons, Space Ships, and EQ.

Now, due to these accomplishments I have created a mysterious video using Eldarian Technology.

After completing all of the tasks at hand, Giotto from EN II sent down one of the most powerful Blue bodysuits in the entire GALAXY. The suit was created to unleash my inner courage!

I wonder why they didn't award a BT for using the Ocarina 1 million times :lol: with meracle.

A documentary of my journey in the vast ocean:

Stats:

Earth - 97:02:36 (faize and Lymle/EQ )

Galaxy - 748:52:43 (Arumat and Grindy Bt's)

Universe -  16:38:20

Chaos - 20:32:50

882.24 hours 

Galaxy Stats

5213099e-c995-4007-b1ae-6723bd4ce10e_zps

Awesome, congrats :yay:.

• Like 1

Edited the post with the Screen shot, January 1st is when It popped :platinum:

Thanks Dragon, so stoked it's complete :)

Ah ok, I'll change it in the OP once it works again. So far it's the only post that I can't edit normally.

That video is hilarious. I like how you threw away those glasses and almost kicked that guy who entered the house :lol:. Also watching a Star Ocean anime while grinding SO4 is hardcore  :pimp: .

• Like 1

My Journey has been completed by Poison, thy enemies are slayed and thy trophy has popped. :jaymon:

Thanks to this thread and many comrades :highfive:, it has gotten me back to my gaming goals and I feel motivated once again. 

Major congrats TB :yay: and absolutely fantastic video! @1:48 "I'm an adult!" lmao couldn't stop laughing at that  :giggle:

• Like 1

Excellent way to ring in the new year! Great job and HUGE congrats!

Congratulations!! That is really awesome!!

Thanks guys  :D I didn't think I would get it done in time for Jan 1st, I was still grinding kills the night before.  :unsure:

Congratulations :yay:. I'm all out of likes today (no surprise with the Plat Rain Day), so you'll get one tomorrow. I'll contact Dave for that diamond award :D. In the meantime have fun at the Aexuz Mansion.

Ooooo...  D: You mean I actually get to pass through those enormous gates and enter the prestigious mansion of the almighty Aexuz???  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:

800-PSn-star-ocean-plat_zps4ypfv29f.jpg

Look at that, we're plat buddies  :highfive: Congrats! Now bring your map we've got a mansion to find. 

• Like 2

Huge congrats guys, I'm working on SO right now, these are the BTs I'm missing:

Faize-090     Land 50 critical hits in Rush Mode
Faize-046     Deal at least 10,000 points of damage
Faize-056     Deal at least 30,000 points of damage
Faize-067     Deal at least 50,000 points of damage
Faize-078     Deal at least 70,000 points of damage
Faize-096     Deal at least 99,999 points of damage
Faize-075     Fight 1,500 battles
Faize-085     Fight 2,000 battles
Faize-093     Fight 3,000 battles
Faize-092     Defeat 130 types of enemies
Faize-098     Defeat own shadow
Faize-100     Defeat 55 Grigori

Lymle-088     Defeat the Ethereal Queen
Lymle-100     Defeat the Ethereal Queen within 10 minutes

Arumat-079     Defeat 8,000 enemies
Arumat-089     Defeat 15,000 enemies
Arumat-098     Defeat 30,000 enemies
Arumat-058     Pull off 1,000 Blindsides

8k Arumat kills should pop anytime soon, but I'm afraid it wasn't a good idea not doing the Egde kills during the Faize playthrough. Anyway I've almost reduced the remaining BTs in single digit.

Edited by Brightblade76
  • Like 1

Yep :D, here's your key to open it :awesome:

Fatal_crest.png

I think I found it but it's a castle, with a mansion inside the castle

fantasy%20castles%20scenic%20game%20cg%2

Thanks guys  :D I didn't think I would get it done in time for Jan 1st, I was still grinding kills the night before.  :unsure:

Ooooo...  D: You mean I actually get to pass through those enormous gates and enter the prestigious mansion of the almighty Aexuz???  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:

Look at that, we're plat buddies  :highfive: Congrats! Now bring your map we've got a mansion to find. 

I got the map, let's gooooooooo B)

world%20the%20legend%20of%20zelda%20maps

• Like 2

So hey you guys! Do you remember when I said, like, I'd get the platinum before the end of  the year? Well.....it didn't happen. Will definitely get to it before June 2016, I hope!

I am in the same boat :highfive:

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship SRF-003 Calnus. Its extremely f*cking long mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no chocolate chip cookie has gone before......

It's all over folks! The grind is no more! I achieved my goal of making this my 100th plat and popping it on Jan 1st as part of the Plat Rain Day event. (Is there some sort of special award for that? Cause there should be.)

Final stats: 562:42 hours

Galaxy (Main/Arumat) - 365:51 hours

Galaxy (Faize/Edge) - 158:56 hours

Universe - 16:52 hours

Chaos - 21:03 hours

I managed to take this really crappy photo with my even crappier cell phone (unfortunately Santa didn't bring me a better one for Christmas.)  :shakefist:

2016-01-01%2003.47.30_zpsg0tjpfje.jpg

Well I'm off for some serious R&R.  B) Happy New Year everyone!  :dance:

Awesome job to both of you :D. I have been avoiding this thread because I didn't want to be tricked back into the madness of SO4 before 2016...but this gives me hope :)

I think I found it but it's a castle, with a mansion inside the castle

fantasy%20castles%20scenic%20game%20cg%2

I got the map, let's gooooooooo B)

world%20the%20legend%20of%20zelda%20maps

Yeah Aexuz spared no expense when building it. Have fun, oh and Dave has started forging the rewards :D.

I am in the same boat :highfive:

Awesome job to both of you :D. I have been avoiding this thread because I didn't want to be tricked back into the madness of SO4 before 2016...but this gives me hope :)

I've started playing too, got the trophy for 270 BTs yesterday. Did the Phantom Ambush 4 times for all the ambush BTs and I'm currently doing the 999 insect kills with Arumat in the Miga Warrens.

• Like 2

Congratulations!

Did I hear that some of our great members finished this epic quest! :D

Well then! The blacksmith has something special!!

From flames of Dragons, and centuries of blacksmith skill,

I present to you the Epic Platinum!

sOw9T0x.pngjNCiXWB.png

j6X4K5N.pngOdnLtk3.png

• Like 4

800-PSn-star-ocean-plat_zps4ypfv29f.jpg

It seems that I've taken the long scenic route, and lost my focus on conquering battle trophies in the year 2012. :o

My main trophy goals included: World Biggest Welch Fan, Monsters, Treasures, Weapons, Space Ships, and EQ.

Now, due to these accomplishments I have created a mysterious video using Eldarian Technology.

After completing all of the tasks at hand, Giotto from EN II sent down one of the most powerful Blue bodysuits in the entire GALAXY. The suit was created to unleash my inner courage!

I wonder why they didn't award a BT for using the Ocarina 1 million times :lol: with meracle.

A documentary of my journey in the vast ocean:

Stats:

Earth - 97:02:36 (faize and Lymle/EQ )

Galaxy - 748:52:43 (Arumat and Grindy Bt's)

Universe -  16:38:20

Chaos - 20:32:50

882.24 hours 

Galaxy Stats

5213099e-c995-4007-b1ae-6723bd4ce10e_zps

Awesome way to start the Year. Congrats!  You are gonna miss the grind in a couple of years ^^,

• Like 1

To those who already platted SO, want a new extreme challenge? Plat White Knight Chronicles offline, I've done it, both WKC1 and 2, close to 1200 hours in total (648+500), the most insane grind ever lol

My percentage has been stuck for ever with WKC2.

thanks for the info , possibly mid 2016 I'll slowly chip away at it like I did with star ocean

Soon you'll be kicking it in the mansion too :highfive:

My percentage has been stuck for ever with WKC2.

thanks for the info , possibly mid 2016 I'll slowly chip away at it like I did with star ocean

Soon you'll be kicking it in the mansion too :highfive:

Yeah, I'm eagerly looking forward to the moment the final trophy will pop, I've done almost 3000 kills with Arumat today, I'm on a roll lol

As for WKC2, the only hard trophy playing solo is Soul of Evil (clear Vellgander and defeat Madoras in the Apex) but its possible solo, I've got an S rank also when I've defeated him. You can find several threads of mine on playstationtrophies, I wrote them as I was progressing with the game. The rest is just a neverending grind.

• Like 1

To those who already platted SO, want a new extreme challenge? Plat White Knight Chronicles offline, I've done it, both WKC1 and 2, close to 1200 hours in total (648+500), the most insane grind ever lol

I wanted to try these out... until I've done some research and found out that the western release of WKC 2 got the very significant parts of the story cut out in the most vile way possible - it's still in the game, but the access is locked.