FIFA 16 INTRODUCES FEMALE FOOTBALLERS FOR THE FIRST TIME

Lucas

As a female footballer myself I feel this is the right time for it to be introduced.  With the London Olympics in 2012 and the Womens World Cup in Canada being played next month, womens football Is on the rise and gaining in popularity.  Can't wait for this, excellent idea.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Such a pointless feature seeing as it's only 16 international teams and they can only be used in kick off or custom tournament which no one plays. Would've preferred they waited and added in leagues for career mode and some work around for FUT. Maybe an add on thing (since men and women can't play together)

Such a pointless feature seeing as it's only 16 international teams and they can only be used in kick off or custom tournament which no one plays. Would've preferred they waited and added in leagues for career mode and some work around for FUT. Maybe an add on thing (since men and women can't play together)

I wouldn't call it pointless, they need to test the waters, if there's a positive response (in terms of sales, doesn't mean jack if a bunch of people say they want women footballers and don't buy the game), the amount of necessary work is a lot as they'll need to make new body models as well as facial features etc.

If this sells better than 15, chances are by the time 17 come out we'll get some more features to play with.

It'll be interesting to see if they have the same stats basis as the male footballers, or how they'll accomodate that. Its a cool addition for those who want it, but I'm not interested. 

Alex Morgan, which I guess is one of the best in the world, was reported to be 93 rated in game.

I wouldn't call it pointless, they need to test the waters, if there's a positive response (in terms of sales, doesn't mean jack if a bunch of people say they want women footballers and don't buy the game), the amount of necessary work is a lot as they'll need to make new body models as well as facial features etc.

If this sells better than 15, chances are by the time 17 come out we'll get some more features to play with.

True. I discovered PES15 though. Enjoy it loads more, so I'm skipping FIFA for the forsee able future anyway.

True. I discovered PES15 though. Enjoy it loads more, so I'm skipping FIFA for the forsee able future anyway.

Wait is PES 2015 better than Fifa 15? I tried PES 2014, but the game looked like it was half assed and a shadow of its former self. Any thoughts on pros and cons between the two are appreciated.

Wait is PES 2015 better than Fifa 15? I tried PES 2014, but the game looked like it was half assed and a shadow of its former self. Any thoughts on pros and cons between the two are appreciated.

I personally prefer PES, you have to play more passing football, which is really slick and fun to play. GKs are a bit stupid at close range (but so are FIFA's at long range), players also turn a bit slow sometimes.

Obviously PES is missing half the licenses too. I suppose it depends on your play style and how you like to play. The "Be A Pro" mode is a bit more fleshed out too, you can watch your team play the games when your not on the pitch and can start on the bench. 

PES online is a bit dead now though, as it doesn't have FIFA's following and the big majority that drop football games, causes the PES community to be left with not many compared to FIFA.

I personally would recommend PES, but it's up to you.

• Like 1

What people have to remember is that the ratings will not compare the women to the men.  They will be unique to the womens game. 

Do you mean the overall team ratings, i.e. if you have a 4 star male team and a 5 star female team, the male team might still be better? I guess I can see why they might do that, but at the same time its kind of weird, as speed and shot stats would just end up being deceptive in the female teams.

I personally prefer PES, you have to play more passing football, which is really slick and fun to play. GKs are a bit stupid at close range (but so are FIFA's at long range), players also turn a bit slow sometimes.

Obviously PES is missing half the licenses too. I suppose it depends on your play style and how you like to play. The "Be A Pro" mode is a bit more fleshed out too, you can watch your team play the games when your not on the pitch and can start on the bench. 

PES online is a bit dead now though, as it doesn't have FIFA's following and the big majority that drop football games, causes the PES community to be left with not many compared to FIFA.

I personally would recommend PES, but it's up to you.

Thanks, I'll check out PES 2016 when it comes out.

I never say no to new additions to the game, but fuck me they need to fix the career mode first. It's so annyoing that the career mode is practically the same since FIFA 2005. It sucks and if I don't see a positive change around that, I wont be buying this shit and going for PES next year. Even if I am addicted to FUT, wont be hard to spend less for PES.

Edited by QuinlanLJ

Donkey_68, on 10 Aug 2015 - 6:08 PM, said:

What people have to remember is that the ratings will not compare the women to the men. They will be unique to the womens game.

Superbuu3 Posted Today, 07:43 PM

Do you mean the overall team ratings, i.e. if you have a 4 star male team and a 5 star female team, the male team might still be better? I guess I can see why they might do that, but at the same time its kind of weird, as speed and shot stats would just end up being deceptive in the female teams.

Let's say you have a female and a male player rated 80 - if they were in the same game mode then the womens rating would probably be lower (I am a female footballer myself and I am aware that due to the amount of money in the sport compared to the mens we are a long way from being at the same skill level). However it doesn't mean that you should have the top rated womens player being rated at 40/50. For womens football they would still be an 80/90.

In my head this makes sense ... not sure it does in writing :lol:

Let's say you have a female and a male player rated 80 - if they were in the same game mode then the womens rating would probably be lower (I am a female footballer myself and I am aware that due to the amount of money in the sport compared to the mens we are a long way from being at the same skill level). However it doesn't mean that you should have the top rated womens player being rated at 40/50. For womens football they would still be an 80/90.

Actually it would make sense. Let's put alex morgan in FC Barcelona 's first team and see how i insignificant her skill level is compared to the men. It's why the majority of all sports are separated

Donkey_68, on 10 Aug 2015 - 9:44 PM, said:

Goekie Posted Today, 12:09 AM

Actually it would make sense. Let's put alex morgan in FC Barcelona 's first team and see how i insignificant her skill level is compared to the men. It's why the majority of all sports are separated

Exactly. I think it's a good addition to the game and I'm planning on buying it - my first FIFA game since FIFA 13!