The Rise and Fall of Assassin's Creed

Mr_Freaker

Assassin's Creed just makes me sick now. These games used to be so much better,until Ubisoft decided to start forcing a game out each year like Call of Duty. Honestly,when Unity got a patch to fix over 300 bugs,that's a sign that these games don't need to be coming out each year....

If I had to say anything about why these games suffer in terms of story,well. Ezio's story ended,and as him being a fan favorite,that hurt the series. And killing off Desmond,well that just absolutely killed the series. He was the main character. And now the modern day story to these games is just awful. It makes no sense anymore and it's painful to watch it all play out. Unity was bad,and Syndicate I'm not expecting much from. It is a shame to see what once were decent games go to hell. But that's a lot of games nowadays.

Edited by Despair-Queen
  • Like 1

I've been a fan of the series since the first game, even though every character and game since Ezio has had its flaws. Assassins Creed II and Brotherhood were the best games.  Since then they have lacked development and I'm still not sure how I feel about the multiplayer element.  Ubisoft need to put more time into the games instead of rushing it so they can release one each year just for the massive sales. Take the time and spend a couple of years on writing and developing.  The only trouble is though - where can they take the franchise? I'm not sure what other elements they could add into the single player without turning it into a different game entirely.

I have the 1st one and have played about halfway through it and have liked it so far. I've been told that Black Flag is the best one so I'll probably end up buying all of them up until Unity and then stop after I get Black Flag. From my experience of the first one it just doesn't seem like it's a game that needs MP, I felt the same way about God of War trying their hand at MP, it just doesn't need it.

Edited by Havok__84

Ubisoft could take a dump in a plastic case, write Assassin's Creed on the cover, and I would buy it (inb4 "they already do that" ahuehuehue).

They are the ones that are in control and they have already proven competent enough to continuously produce acceptable titles so, it is unnecessary for me to give pointers on how they can make it better, as I'm still quite happy with the output.

All fanboyism aside, "not being hyped" for a single AC release should be no reason to start a thread called "...the fall of AC" asking what they could do to have more appeal to more people.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well I've gone back to Unity for the Platinum, the game runs so much better now and it's loads of fun. Not liking the online is irrelevant since you can play these missions offline. The problem with AC3 and Rogue is the locations are so damn boring to me, the games may be ok for some but I can't stand the wilderness sections. My only complaint about unity is the general voice acting from thugs, It is just so bad, It's like british Chavs with the same nonsense through out the entire game.

I must be one of the few ones that consider AC1 the best. It had a way more serious atmosphere and likable protagonist than the other AC games, despite the fact that it was a bit of repetive.

With AC2, i found that everything was more streamlined and most of the murders were less interesting from the typical go-to-the-guild-master-and-head-for-your-target of the 1st game (you know, it was a good tension builder.)

Anywayz, i've finished the 3 first AC games, but once i got Revelations, i couldn't stand the series anymore...

Edited by G3n3raL986

Biggest step in the right direction would be stop releasing a new game every year. Work on the game a bit more, flesh out the story and characters more to make people interested.

I played Unity about 7 months ago and all I remember is the climbing element is finally fixed. Tried to go back recently and finish off some side missions but found it boring so I gave up.

Edited by feral611

Fixed it for you. ^_^

Hi Neputyunu, I've never played Liberation, I have played rogue and it's the same bleak lifeless environment as AC3.

I played a few online missions last night on unity, it was actually allot of fun, there was only 1 instance of an enemy being stuck in a wall.