Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection announced

By reading the comments on the blog over on the US playstation website you would think people only play Uncharted for the MP. So many people writing they are dissapointed that the mp has been dropped for the collection.

I personally never got into the mp except what needed to be done for the platinum. I personally think the Uncharted games were great enough based on the stories and gameplay.

Of course this is just my opinion. If you enjoy the mp in the Uncharted games that is fine.

UC2 and UC3 had massive MP communities, it's not surprising people are disappointed

I'm not super upset that the MP got cut. It's great dicking material with awkward melee combat and the sniper/grenade launcher hotspotting, and just the general failed climbing attempts. But the lobby lockouts so you couldn't refill forces was generally annoying.

And the glitches.

And the lag.

And the endless lobbies of Mexicans/Brazilians.

I also don't think people give The Last of Us's MP enough credit either. If you cared for obtaining a healthy population you had to push yourself to play well, and even though it wasn't, it kind of felt different and compelling to the typical challenge rewards of other shooters like Call of Duty. Also, the should've rearranged the story for a better end game delivery. The game had its highest emotional point in the prologue and that's why I think the games story could've been better, but you know, opinion.

I was hoping they would at least make the mp trophies easier, similar to what they have done with TLoU Remastered. No mp at all is even better, will definitely buy the collection because I've only played through each game once at a friends house when I didn't have a PS3.

Should be a nice game for my Christmas break.

John Matrix: [holds Sully upside-down over a cliff by his leg"Remember, Sully, when I promised FFX/X-2 was gonna be the last remaster I buy?"

Sully: "That's right, Matrix! You did!"

John Matrix: "I lied."

[Matrix releases Sully, who falls to his demise]

• Like 3

Eh!

I changed my tune on this.  At first it seemed like a good opportunity to start these games fresh with the fancy PS4 releases... and no MP means 100%'s across the board... but I already own Uncharted 2 & 3 (albeit never started on this account) for the PS3, and I feel like it'd mean more to have the originals on my account.  In all of their DLC and percentage ruining glory.  Plus, I can't risk losing Uncharted 3's split screen... need to support local coop, no matter the cost!

Ordered a fine looking used copy of Uncharted 1 off eBay, and once that arrives, I think I'll make the Uncharted games my priority.  Hopefully have them all platted by the time Uncharted 4 comes out, with my limited game time. :)

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

I played the first Uncharted in my friend house when I still dont have PS3. Never play U2 and U3. I will definitely buy this collection when I have PS4 one day. Still need games start with alphabet "U" to make my PSN profile having more variety. :)

No multiplayer so that means no multiplayer related trophies right? Horeyyyyy! No need to worry about finding boosting/coop partners or dead servers. :P