How do you play this game?

niliuscofc

I find game not that bad till I got to hyper cars and wow I can not control. I keep skidding out of control, what am I doing wrong

Slow down on the turns! Don't try to skid the car into an uncontrollable tailspin if you can't control the car like that. It may seem like other cars could pass you if you slow down on turns but that's actually not the case. Slow it down enough to where you feel you can fully control the car on each turn. Eventually you'll get the hang of it.  ;) There are some cars like the Hennessy or the Koenigsegg that are pretty much built to go straight in real life and those can be really slippery, so you have to really master those cars.

That being said, going through turns with hyper cars in that game is still sort of a game of control in itself that you sort of do without even noticing! I recently really noticed how much you have to keep control of a fast car on turns in a party chat where my friend complained that he hears my analogue stick waggling left and right very rapidly. I didn't even notice I do that, but it's kind of how you have to control the wheel on turns in high speed cars (like real life I suppose).

Also, avoid the Ariel Atom at all costs if given the option, that thing finds the nearest wall and hits it the instant you move your analogue stick left of right xD

Edited by BlindMango

Personally from my experience the Zonda R drives like on rails.. almost no need for throttle control...

Other Hyper cars that I didn't found to bad were the Bac Momo and RUF CTR3 (just got to lvl30+ when we unlock the last usable car in the PS+ edition and the Koenigsegg is a pain to handle..)

Also from hosting challenges using the Startline tour, it seams that tour have all kind of difficulty in it, since the last championship have Professional AI and the 8 lap race (forgot what car it was) has Legend difficulty...

So, it's not just rubber-band AI, the difficulty of some of those events are set way to high for beginners, to get all stats you just get to keep trying and seeing where you need to brake and where you can out break the AI, also throttle control + avoid walls (really that 8 lap race was being a pain, but as soon as I got used to the grip loss because of the mud and started to avoid the walls, it was somewhat manageable to get the stars).

And, well if just going for the plat, you only need 3 stars in an event, nothing more, not worth trying to get all 45 stars (I just did and apparently we just get a paint job + them telling us to buy the full game..)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still confused on how to play, I start up the game and see so many options and races and I'm not sure what they mean, all races seem to be single player and I feel like every time I select one the race is the same, I have no idea what am meant to be doing, the races sometimes don't end, and am I'm stuck. There is multiplayer but that's just as confusing, then there's other options on the main menu which don't make sense. When I go to multiplayer, most the games I select (I think this may be because I don't have the full version) and the others, when I select them, it asks me to club que or some confsuing thing, when I select it, it says wait for "# minutes", when this time comes up, the screen changes and then I go back to the menu a few seconds later??????

I'm still confused on how to play, I start up the game and see so many options and races and I'm not sure what they mean, all races seem to be single player and I feel like every time I select one the race is the same, I have no idea what am meant to be doing, the races sometimes don't end, and am I'm stuck. There is multiplayer but that's just as confusing, then there's other options on the main menu which don't make sense. When I go to multiplayer, most the games I select (I think this may be because I don't have the full version) and the others, when I select them, it asks me to club que or some confsuing thing, when I select it, it says wait for "# minutes", when this time comes up, the screen changes and then I go back to the menu a few seconds later??????

I gave up trying to understand this game, all I can play with the ps+ edition is the startline thing, and the AI feels op as hell. Good thing it was free.

I gave up trying to understand this game, all I can play with the ps+ edition is the startline thing, and the AI feels op as hell. Good thing it was free.

Actually the Startline difficulty isn't set to easy, but depends on the event (I saw that when making challenges based on the Bac Momo and and 8 lap race events, both have the difficulty set to Professional and Legend respectively).

I don't know why they did it, but for an introductory tour, it shouldn't have races with the AI set so high.

After I got the 45 stars I started to only play now and then, since I still need to grind quite a bit for the platinum, and don't feel like doing it right away..

Never tried the multiplayer with exception of the challenges.

Well at least I know it's not easy difficulty, but I mean, for the first races they should be set to easy, I suck at racers so I woulda liked to learn on lower difficulties and get better over time, instead I stuck in 12"th place trying to get stars to unlock the other races. And I didn't understand the objectives either, one of the first races was just me vs phantom cars going on forever, eventually I just did exit game and gave up xD.