Driveclub

UPAxGUNxGRAVE

I´m still trying to figure out the purpose of the ps plus edition. The ps plus edition is extremely limited in content that it actually gives a bad impression of the game. I don´t think that it make people want to upgrade.

• Like 1

I´m still trying to figure out the purpose of the ps plus edition. The ps plus edition is extremely limited in content that it actually gives a bad impression of the game. I don´t think that it make people want to upgrade.

I'll buy it because the PS plus edition was good enough

The free part gives you a small number of tracks, cars and events. You can get a good feel of the game with this, however, in my opinion, the free part is too hard at times and would stop people wanting to upgrade to the full game. For example, the weather affects make it very hard to see where you are going, with either the rain or the sun in your face.

If you upgrade to the "Playstation Plus Edition" (which is cheeper than retail) then you get the full game, but you can only play it if you keep up your Playstation Plus subscription. You basically get the same as retail but its linked to Playstation Plus.

I have upgraded and I am really liking the game.

I heard that drive club was awful at start did it ever get better and it said it was free with plus. Just bought my ps4 love it.

The game is fantastic, I've put 300+ hours into it and played all the DLC too. The main complaint at the games release was the online functionality not working correctly, which was resolved 7 months ago. Since then there has been updates like the addition of weather, new tracks, new cars, etc... Evolution did a lot to refine and improve so much about the game every month. I always recommend it to everyone that asks about it! lol

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 4

If you upgrade to the "Playstation Plus Edition" (which is cheeper than retail) then you get the full game, but you can only play it if you keep up your Playstation Plus subscription. You basically get the same as retail but its linked to Playstation Plus.

No, you'll always own the full game. Doesn't matter if your subscription is active or not.

i like driveclub a lot but my biggest complain is that almost every race has a Day/night circle ..... it is a cool feature in the beginning . but it is getting annoying after few hours.  Game looks so good , even in night , but sometimes the night races are annoying.   you want to learn a track but you cant see it in dark.  or sun rises and blinds you because it is in front of you .... it is pretty ... but annoying.

Well, sure my Driveclub (retail) for 8€ was just from a sale... but... eh? Even when the price is the same, I would prefer Retail...

wipxlj.png

For me the upgrade was £19.99, the full game PSN price is £34.99 and the Amazon UK price is £26.78. I could get it less second hand maybe.

One thing that really bugs me about the game though, the save file is 340mb! Having that automatically uploaded to PSN's cloud is going to eat up bandwidth.

For me the upgrade was £19.99, the full game PSN price is £34.99 and the Amazon UK price is £26.78. I could get it less second hand maybe.

One thing that really bugs me about the game though, the save file is 340mb! Having that automatically uploaded to PSN's cloud is going to eat up bandwidth.

As far as I know you can disable automatic uploads on a console basis rather than a game by game basis like with the PS3. This support page has instructions for that. You would have to manually back up any other games that you wanted backed up, though.

I got the free plus version and have almost got the plat, just need to level up 2 more levels. Unless you get the full version you have to do a lot of grinding to get to plat because you haven't got the variety of races to do. You will end up doing the same drift event like about 500 times, and then hours of racing just staying behind the A.I to boost up your drafting. You only get access to one small tour event and I found it quite difficult, put me off kinda upgrading and getting the season pass. If that's how hard it's gonna be I'm not gonna bother. Also tha A.I are fricking annoying. They don't see you at all, if you so much as dare to use the racing line they are constantly bashing you from all angels, and then you get penalised for vehicle contact, gets highly frustrating. The weather effects look amazing but ruin the race. I want to learn the tracks and get better at racing, not spend the whole time trying to keep the car from sliding and struggling to see even where the road is. Other than that the game looks pretty.

The free part gives you a small number of tracks, cars and events. You can get a good feel of the game with this, however, in my opinion, the free part is too hard at times and would stop people wanting to upgrade to the full game. For example, the weather affects make it very hard to see where you are going, with either the rain or the sun in your face.

Honestly I used to agree with you, then I started to like it, it adds a challenge to the game that's beyond the turns you need to do and how fast you need to do them, you may need to compensate for when you don't know where you're going by using the map for example.

I had to swap to 3rd person because of this, as it not only made it harder to see but I'm colorblind and differentiating the colors of the flags was too hard to do in 1st person. 3rd is pretty clear, thoguh obviously it may not be as fun for some as 1st

Edited by Altaria-

One of the worst driving games I've ever played. I don't understand how people say it's the best driving game of this gen, I really don't. The cars handle horribly, AI is terrible... I mean it looks pretty but that's about it. 

I like the game it's very hard to get all the stars for each race though imo

There is a ton of DLC released/being released so season pass is a must if you like to keep your games at 100%

I nearly have the platinum however i'm only at 21% at the moment since there's so much DLC