Batman Arkham Knight - Is the seasons pass worth it?

m4ns4hil

Honestly I'm planning on getting it. I'm a big fan of Batman and just love the hell out of playing as the character, plus the story reminds me of the TAS, so any additional content that'll allow me to continue to visit this world is worth it, getting to play as Batgirl is gonna be legit, and plus they also are releasing more story for Batman going up against other villains  

• Like 1

It's 60 here, I despise DLC, I despise season passes that little bit more, and yet I'm fighting every impulse I have, so that I don't buy it.

Do what I'm probably gonna do, and wait for it to go on sale, if it's 60 here and 40 there, bear in mind that Origins' pass was 60 or so here too and it frequently is on sale for 20 bucks.

Of course, Origins was a lot less successful too, so who knows.

Wait for a sale, that's what I'm gonna do anyway.

• Like 2

I'm just gonna pickup the Batgirl DLC separately, its the only one I personally am interested in, if there's only 1 or 2 items it may be cheaper just to get the separately from the season pass.

However we will have to wait until all content is released to know if the season pass is 'worth it'. :) 

• Like 2

As Tomato said, it's hard to judge it so far; not only due to the fact that so little has been released, but also the fact that so little has been talked about. We know we're getting the Batgirl DLC, and I believe pre-order DLC will be added eventually once an exclusivity window ends. Beyond that though, we only have a general idea. For example, they said story related content; does this mean multiple DLC packs at the same scale, or even larger, than the Batgirl DLC? Or is that going to be the peak, and everything else simply small side quests with no real relevance to the overall story? WB is being frustratingly hush-hush about it, which annoys me, since I'm only interested in getting story content, but don't even know what story content I'll be provided. 

Also worth noting that the Batgirl DLC is released a week early for Season Pass holders relative to the general public, and I imagine that'll be a recurring trend for the rest of the DLC. Don't quote me on that, though.

• Like 2

I was wondering if the seasons pass which is ridiculously priced at $40 in Arkham Knight is worth purchasing 

Definitely not worth it!. If it was 24$ I would say it is ok.

WB is abusing fans with such price.

• Like 1

Also worth noting that the Batgirl DLC is released a week early for Season Pass holders relative to the general public, and I imagine that'll be a recurring trend for the rest of the DLC. Don't quote me on that, though.

Sorry, but I just had to be that dick and quoted you, literally, on it. Good times.

• Like 3

How big of a fan are you?

Do you have $40 to spend? (or whatever they are asking in your region)

Do you need the content day one or can you wait see what all comes out and make your decision then?

The Arkham games are probably my favorite series and I need all the story content. The wise thing is probably to wait on the inevitable GOTY edition, but I want it now, and that's my choice. That being said, I rather dislike WB and their practices, but I wish to support Rocksteady's work.

The Bargirl dlc will follow Barbara Gordon as the first Batgirl in a prequel story in an entirely new area with some more Robin dual play. Also announced were Batmobile skins and themed tracks for various incarnations of Batman's history. If the Scarecrow missions are anything to go by, I'm stoked. I have no idea what to expect from the villians to be invading Gotham for the next six months, but it will be a reason for me to keep coming back to a game I love for a while. This seems like a solid amount is of content for my dollar, especially in the wake of season passes from the likes of Activision and EA wanting $50 for glorified map packs.

Alas, no one can make up your mind but you.

Edited by MagicSandwych
  • Like 1

How big of a fan are you?

Do you have $40 to spend? (or whatever they are asking in your region)

Do you need the content day one or can you wait see what all comes out and make your decision then?

Well I've been a pretty big batman fan for a long time and I do have $40 to spend lol. The thing is I don't know how much content they will release within 6 months. I hope its released sort of like how driveclub did it, a dlc pack for each month for 6 months.

Edited by m4ns4hil
  • Like 1

As a massive batman fan im obviously going to buy it even at $60 here in Australia. It all depends on how much you love these games and from the sounds of it your a fan ;) I say you should buy it and enjoy any content they give us no matter what the price!

The real question is, how much of the Season Pass DLC will carry trophies? I'm leaning towards getting the pass, but I'm mostly only interested in anything with trophies and will be slightly miffed if there is only $15-$20 worth of trophy-enabled content.

On the other hand, I'm concerned that the pre-order stuff (I still need Red Hood) will ONLY come out as part of the pass, and you'd never be able to get 100% without it.

• Like 1

I got the season pass content is this SPOILER below

Batgirl a matter of family

6 news side story with: Killer Croc, Mad Hatter, Prometheus, Black Mask, Ras Al Ghul, Mr. Freeze. 

Missions pre and after Arkham Knight with Catwoman, Nightwing and Robin

New Combat and Predator challenge

New challenge with Batmobile normal and tank mode

Lot of skins for all pg

This is content leaked for now. Hope help

Edited by Neme-ita
  • Like 1

I got the season pass content is this SPOILER below

Batgirl a matter of family

6 news side story with: Killer Croc, Mad Hatter, Prometheus, Black Mask, Ras Al Ghul, Mr. Freeze. 

Missions pre and after Arkham Knight with Catwoman, Nightwing and Robin

New Combat and Predator challenge

New challenge with Batmobile normal and tank mode

Lot of skins for all pg

This is content leaked for now. Hope help

Source?