WANTED

baas-bertus

I seriously can't believe people have been doing this the legit way.

Even with the use of a glitch, and the double money now, it's a big grind. Must have taken many hours to complete this with just doing deathmatches and races.

Also, gathering 5M is an unreasonable high task if u ask me....

My respects to those who did it the legit way in 2009

• Like 1

Do HANGMANS NOOSE. That's the airport mission right? you can complete it in a minute or two. I remember spending days doing the same mission over and over........................and over. Be warned when doing the glitch if you quit too soon your money wont count. I tried it once and the money didn't count so i didn't bother. I did this before i heard of "boosting" and i can say legit is not as bad as people say.   

Do HANGMANS NOOSE. That's the airport mission right? you can complete it in a minute or two. I remember spending days doing the same mission over and over........................and over. Be warned when doing the glitch if you quit too soon your money wont count. I tried it once and the money didn't count so i didn't bother. I did this before i heard of "boosting" and i can say legit is not as bad as people say.   

He is not looking for help onto how to get it done.

OP, if you are referring only to people who got 5M by doing deathmatches and races, they don't actually care since those people aren't trophy hunters, they just spent a shitload of time playing the online legit because they thought it was fun (or they didn't have any other games).

You can't do a 1000 noose games in 5 hours

He was actually referring to the exploit in Bomb da Base II.

I did a single run with ProfBambam55 and collected $1.4 million in just 70 minutes. (Double cash so that was $700,000 x 2).

• 4 weeks later...

haha... I feel you maurjen...when I first got wanted did it with a friend...took us 5 days, 9-11 hours/day, NOOSE... what a waste... oh wait, no, we can say we got it legit... haha, bollocks... did it in 3.5 hours recently with 2 ps3's solo to test out the BDB2 glitch... if you're moderately good at the game looking to get it done quick I'd say it's the way to go... wouldn't recommend the method laid out in the tutorial from the guide on this site though... makes it overly complicated and very little payout... excellent vid for its time when it was published in 2011 (crypto is a fantastic emcee) but way out-of-date now...

• Like 1

I did it legit without boosting on my old XBL account, took close to 4 months of semi casual playing of Hangmans Noose, and Deathmatches. Probably could've went allot faster with 12 hour a day grinds, but I don't think my boss would appreciate me taking time off for gaming trophies. On my new current account, I boosted with Profbambam55's sniper method, it's very fast if you have 2 consoles, even though the BDB2 is the fastest, I tried it, but getting that sweet spot was a bit of a pain. The sniper method is set it and forget it. Completed the whole game a week shy of a month, I don't think doing it legit is feasible anymore. Plus good luck in getting random people to join the free races and cannonball for AWP lol. But Bams boosting methods are the best for this game as he helped me with some of the online trophies. 

EDIT: 99.5% of your level 10s in GTA IV used the glitch, especially after the latest patch. ( Slightly off topic ) The only grind worse than Hangmans Noose is the Far Cry 2 grind. Those servers are completely dead, trying to do that legit will take you years now since the xp is capped at 1500 per uprising match. That game I also did legit on an old XBL account, and took close to a year of playing uprising and deathmatches 4-5 hours a night. New account boost only took a month with a great boosting partner. But the game is completely dead now for the most part except for boosters. Give you an example rank 30 is 1.5 mill xp at 1500 per match is 1000 matches of uprising, that's if you grind boost it in uprising with 2 PS3's, bc finding a boosting parter is luck in that game. Boosting partner + 2 PS3's = Plat. Also factor in the FC2 servers of death. Figure legit would be somewhere along the lines of 1500-2000+ matches since you won't be killing the captain nowhere near the amounts you do in a boosting session. Legit 30's on the leaderboard of FC2 have 2000+ matches played to their name, some as high as 5-6000 matches played. If I recall I had close to 3000 matches played in competitive modes in FC2, over 1400 hours total, 2.2 mill xp. In retrospect the Hangsman Noose grind is miniscule in comparison but still a PITH.

Edited by CaptSteve81

Don't get me started on Far Cry 2. That game has cost me so much time, and so little result. Most of it was lost in yet another disconnect. I don't think I'll get going again on it. Not even since I have 2 consoles and 2 game copies.

I hear ya man, and trust me the 3-4 game max rule doesn't apply all the time. You can get disconnects after 1-2 games depending on how bad the server hiccups are. Sometimes you can get as high as 6 games without a disconnect ( extremely rare ).  Aslong as you have war party done the rest are doable with 2 PS3's. It's just a mental grind. Getting 16 people cooperating for war party is a disaster. When we did it last January it was a mess, it took close to 3 hours for something that should've took 15 minutes tops. 

Edited by CaptSteve81

• 1 month later...

Hopefully someone can help me out on this one, didn't see the point in a new thread.

Me and my mate are doing this using the Happiness Island glitch. I can join him fine for my turns but when it comes to his go with me as host he cannot join me at all. He gets the invites sometimes but they say session no longer exists. He is using the complete edition and I am playing with the Episodes of Liberty City disc.

Anyone know why this is??

bad internet connection... try both signing out/in from within game before it's your turn to invite...XMB > PSN > Account Management > press Triangle > Sign Out... sign in again with Niko's cell.... Multiplayer > press X...should he get the "Game Session No Longer Exists" error try to have him join your game a second time... if that doesn't work try restarting your PS3's before it's your turn to host followed by the sign out/in once the game is loaded up... last option is to do all of the above after you and your friend have shut down every device that might be slowing your internet (i.e. PC, XBOX, tablet, brain, etc)..i'm guessing either his or your internet is wireless and not very speedy...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

Takes 5 hours tops/player...you must be looking in the wrong places... feel free to check out my YT channel if you like... it's the same as my ID:

ProfBambam55...check out the "GTA IV - Fastest Way to Rank Up - Tutorial"... just need a reliable partner... boosting thread or gaming session the best place to look on this site... no need to bother with deathmatches or races to hit the $5 million... I've amassed about $200 million just by basically having helped other people over the years and playing co-op...

Hi i saw ur video wanna try the glitch im really excited to see how it works i never used a glitch before

bad internet connection... try both signing out/in from within game before it's your turn to invite...XMB > PSN > Account Management > press Triangle > Sign Out... sign in again with Niko's cell.... Multiplayer > press X...should he get the "Game Session No Longer Exists" error try to have him join your game a second time... if that doesn't work try restarting your PS3's before it's your turn to host followed by the sign out/in once the game is loaded up... last option is to do all of the above after you and your friend have shut down every device that might be slowing your internet (i.e. PC, XBOX, tablet, brain, etc)..i'm guessing either his or your internet is wireless and not very speedy...

Hey dude, only just seen this, thanks for responding. We figured it as something to do with the amount of friends he had so he deleted a few and we are sound now. I was actually on here looking for you ironically. He said you helped him with 'fly the co-op' and he currently has a broken hand so cannot play. Do you still help out with it? He says you can do it in like 10 minutes.

best to keep boosting stuff to gaming sessions or private messages (PM's)... keeping on thread topic is good.... this one related to Wanted so sent you a PM... sorry to mods for the unrelated post...I think some people have gotten confused as to where to find help since the boosting threads are gone... cheers...

• Like 1

retired from helping with Wanted...I only do Fly the Co-op trophy help now... as the post you quoted mentions boosting threads and gaming sessions are the way to go... good luck and have fun...

Ok thanks for the video i showed it to friends we will follow your way ! And any tips for making sure our progress is synched for awo races and team wins

• 8 years later...