WANTED

baas-bertus

On 12/18/2023 at 11:17 PM, KOTOR4240 said:

I really don't trust this ProfBambam guy and his videos. They haven't helped me out and I'm only Rank 5, going on Rank 6 soon.

out of curiosity, what do you not trust?...and what are you looking for help with?...I still play iv regularly, been playing the last couple months included, and everything still works as intended...constructive criticism welcome...or better yet, let's meet in game and see if we can sort out the kinks...

• Like 2

I really don't trust this ProfBambam guy and his videos. They haven't helped me out and I'm only Rank 5, going on Rank 6 soon.

ProfBamBam is probably the best player on any videos for GTAIV. He helped me on Fly The Co-Op trophy even though my instructions were basically 'hide' and 'don't get shot.'

• Like 4

out of curiosity, what do you not trust?...and what are you looking for help with?...I still play iv regularly, been playing the last couple months included, and everything still works as intended...constructive criticism welcome...or better yet, let's meet in game and see if we can sort out the kinks...

If you must know, I don't trust the quality of your guides and they're too long. Just get to the method, instead of wasting time. 

Just now, ProfBambam55 said:

so why is it you don't trust me and my videos?...still don't understand why you called me out specifically...

You're the one who uploaded these guides ages ago and I just don't trust the quality of them. What worked for you, isn't going to workout for other people, myself included.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, KOTOR4240 said:

If you must know, I don't trust the quality of your guides and they're too long. Just get to the method, instead of wasting time. 

then I would encourage you to make better quality, more concise ones...I absolutely hate doing video and guide stuff...took me about 9 months to put vids together since I'm technologically quite useless, add on another 4 months of learning and editiing within the guide format here...I would be sure to give you full credit and edit my guides accordingly for any content you create...

• Like 2

Also, ProfBambam, I don't need your help with anything. I've got it under control.

then I would encourage you to make better quality, more concise ones...I absolutely hate doing video and guide stuff...took me about 9 months to put vids together since I'm technologically quite useless, add on another 4 months of learning and editiing within the guide format here...I would be sure to give you full credit and edit my guides accordingly for any content you create...

Riddle me this. Why should I have to do what you should've already done almost a decade ago? Also, you expect me to edit your guides? 🤨 Uh, no. That is definitely not happening, mate. Since you're the one who made them, you should be the one editing them, too. That response indicates laziness and an unwillingness to listen to criticism. No wonder I don't trust you and your guides. Goodbye.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

It's not often I get entertained this well by a thread, so thank you.

While I understand why you might think it's ProfBamBam's resbonsibility to keep the guides up to date, I can asure you what he did and what has "worked for him" has clearly also worked for many others. There is a reason he's beloved by people when it comes to GTA IV. I'd urge you to either seek his help, or help from somebody who used his method successfully as I'm certain his method is either not being followed closely enough, or a mistake is being made somewhere, we're all human after all.

I'd also like to point out the fact that you still haven't stated what is wrong with his method. Besides the fact that you find his detailed guide too long. He's clearly open to criticism or people remixing his work. He even stated that if you tell him what is wrong or not working he'd be sure to update his own guide, you could really help some people out with just telling him what you found unclear or not working. It'd be quite a great addittion and dare I say... selfless to help him keep the guide up to date for others?

If all of that is too much work, just simply point out what is wrong (i.e. the spawns stop for me after 20 minutes etc.). 

P.S. I will curse ProfBamBam 'till the end of days since I did Rank 10 by repeating Hangman's NOOSE over 500 times.

Spoiler

I'm obviously joking, I love when something that is tedious and long is made much, much easier because of the effort of a community.

• Like 3

Prof, you're far too nice. It's clearly not your fault that the dude above is mad at whatever. Prof and I never personally interacted but his guide and videos were the most helpful resource my boosting partner and I could get and we finished the coop in no time. Everyone can, if you don't expect to get everything on first try and without any effort. Be grateful that you don't need to figure out everything on your own but just watch/read all the info in less than an hour? No, better complain about your own laziness... 🤦‍♂️

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

ProfBamBam is an absolute F***ING LEGEND. I will never forget him helping me out when I thought I'd never be able to plat GTAIV. I still talk to people IRL about this GTAIV wizard I met online like he's out of the READY PLAYER ONE novel or something. If you can't appreciate his help then feel free to entertain yourself elsewhere.

• Like 2

I also found the videos by ProfBambam were a huge help, and quite well produced, considering the BDB2 glitch, for instance, is really intricate. If you compare this to other guide channels on yt, like powerpyx or ps5trophies, you have to consider that they get paid to do it, covering mostly new games to get views. I have to commend putting in this much work on an old game you're clearly passionate about just to help people.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2024 at 10:29 PM, wombatboys said:

I thought that GTA IV was double money am I wrong? Currently At $2899142, with double money I should have been level 10 right or am I missing something 

You need $5,000,000 total to reach level 10.

It takes about as long to go from level 9-10 as it does going from 1-9.. good luck lol

On 12/26/2023 at 10:10 AM, woggly4 said:

Prof, you're far too nice. It's clearly not your fault that the dude above is mad at whatever. Prof and I never personally interacted but his guide and videos were the most helpful resource my boosting partner and I could get and we finished the coop in no time. Everyone can, if you don't expect to get everything on first try and without any effort. Be grateful that you don't need to figure out everything on your own but just watch/read all the info in less than an hour? No, better complain about your own laziness... 🤦‍♂️

This guy really opened an 8 year old thread to bitch about a guide maker who helped countless players over the years just cuz he couldn't figure it out lmao. Some people just can't be helped lol

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2023 at 4:33 AM, ProfBambam55 said:

look, I'm at a point in life where I have no interest in conflict with people on the internet...your post made me realize I've never actually written my credentials anywhere...I'll lay them here and perhaps it might incite a more productive discussion...

I started gta iv in 2009...was part of a team of co-op speed runners at a time where we were inventing faster ways to complete the 3 missions...we spent years helping randoms in public lobbies and setting world records for time amongst ourselves...I joined sites like this in about 2011-12 and mostly just lurked in the background...I used to keep track of all the people we helped and hit about 7000 in 2014 before the game spy shut down, at which point I stopped caring about numbers...at that time, thousands of people were all of a sudden looking to finish the mp in fear that the servers would shut down...i decided to organize a massive boosting group...I had 2 accounts at max friends (100 each), we had 2 ps3 chat groups (anyone remember the $hitty 16 person limit?) going at near full capacity 24/7 for about 2 months straight and I started noticing no one seemed to understand the fastest way to earn the mp trophies...there was so much bull$hit in iv forums...and so began my quest to put proper info on sites like these...

I started calling out the misinformation in all threads, asking the authors privately how they tested their theories...i contacted one of the main dudes putting out this garbage asking why he was putting out info that didn't make sense...response: "I stopped playing gta iv years ago, my thread has 100k+ views...not gonna do anything"...I then contacted site mods on .org and asked them to delete a lot of info since it was inaccurate...the response I got was "if you don't like it, write your own guide"...and so I did...I was able to test every aspect of every trophy and solve them all...the one thing I still can't solve is people's internet quality which is paramount in earning the trophies...

my videos are made to cover every aspect of missions and glitches...for co-op I enlisted the help of an old friend who also happens to be the fastest in the world at deal breaker (the mission everyone seems to have a hard time with) to make sure we would classify as "qualified"...once we were done recording, I had over 100 hours of footage to go through...

a note is that, about halfway through making all my vids with voice commentary, I released a bdb2 sniper glitch and some european players complained that they couldn't follow what I was saying since their english was not good enough...so I got rid of almost all voice and added subtitles so that they could pause and read, at their request...as mentioned in another post, I hate making vids (and had no idea what I was doing) so it took forever to re-edit them...another note is that my initial bdb2 glitch video was over 30 minutes long listing every possible hiccup but judged that most people would never watch the whole thing and tried to edit it as much as I thought necessary...

yet another side note is that there were a lot of veterans still following gta iv stuff and policing trophies became a thing so I needed to show enough of each glitch/strategy for these type of people to see it is legit...

as far as the text of my guides and content in videos, I went through just about every thread here and on .org and tried to answer every single question I could find and put a solution into my guide/vids...I've been unofficially following these threads more regularly for just under a decade now and will still chime in on any misinformation or details that are not covered in the guide...another funny side note is that even the awp requirements on the official  r* site was wrong...

when releasing my mp guide I wanted to be considerate to both raceking and smartbomb, the authors of the OG guides, so reached out to them asking them to peruse mine for flaws...both were awesome dudes about it and so we actually worked together in making sure ours were in alignment...a small tidbit, I think it was mango and/or blackbunny who helped publish my guide here and I owe them a big thanks for all the format errors they fixed...

up until a few years ago, I ran 1-month sessions every 6 months to help the community here earn their trophies and at the same time, make sure all of my strats still work as intended...i have a super busy life now so I try to stay under the radar...i made my profile private since, when I don't, I get a tonne of gta iv friend requests and feel a bit guilty that I can't help everyone due to real life time constraints...ignorance is bliss perhaps?...I do still join random gaming sessions here and pm people looking for co-op help on a regular basis...still love the co-op, picking it up every couple months, and everything in my guides still rings true if followed closely...

should you actually want to point out a specific part of any of it that didn't work correctly or get tips when things seem to not be working that is not covered in the guides, please post here...until then, i'm sorry but you'll need to be patient with the details...I tried to incorporate them all so that any range of player from noob to advanced could follow them successfully...

lastly, apologies if this seems like an ego trip...it is not my intent but no one has ever called me out on the net before and so I hope you will see it instead as an appropriate response...all I got...have fun with the game...

On 12/27/2023 at 4:33 AM, ProfBambam55 said:

look, I'm at a point in life where I have no interest in conflict with people on the internet...your post made me realize I've never actually written my credentials anywhere...I'll lay them here and perhaps it might incite a more productive discussion...

I started gta iv in 2009...was part of a team of co-op speed runners at a time where we were inventing faster ways to complete the 3 missions...we spent years helping randoms in public lobbies and setting world records for time amongst ourselves...I joined sites like this in about 2011-12 and mostly just lurked in the background...I used to keep track of all the people we helped and hit about 7000 in 2014 before the game spy shut down, at which point I stopped caring about numbers...at that time, thousands of people were all of a sudden looking to finish the mp in fear that the servers would shut down...i decided to organize a massive boosting group...I had 2 accounts at max friends (100 each), we had 2 ps3 chat groups (anyone remember the $hitty 16 person limit?) going at near full capacity 24/7 for about 2 months straight and I started noticing no one seemed to understand the fastest way to earn the mp trophies...there was so much bull$hit in iv forums...and so began my quest to put proper info on sites like these...

I started calling out the misinformation in all threads, asking the authors privately how they tested their theories...i contacted one of the main dudes putting out this garbage asking why he was putting out info that didn't make sense...response: "I stopped playing gta iv years ago, my thread has 100k+ views...not gonna do anything"...I then contacted site mods on .org and asked them to delete a lot of info since it was inaccurate...the response I got was "if you don't like it, write your own guide"...and so I did...I was able to test every aspect of every trophy and solve them all...the one thing I still can't solve is people's internet quality which is paramount in earning the trophies...

my videos are made to cover every aspect of missions and glitches...for co-op I enlisted the help of an old friend who also happens to be the fastest in the world at deal breaker (the mission everyone seems to have a hard time with) to make sure we would classify as "qualified"...once we were done recording, I had over 100 hours of footage to go through...

a note is that, about halfway through making all my vids with voice commentary, I released a bdb2 sniper glitch and some european players complained that they couldn't follow what I was saying since their english was not good enough...so I got rid of almost all voice and added subtitles so that they could pause and read, at their request...as mentioned in another post, I hate making vids (and had no idea what I was doing) so it took forever to re-edit them...another note is that my initial bdb2 glitch video was over 30 minutes long listing every possible hiccup but judged that most people would never watch the whole thing and tried to edit it as much as I thought necessary...

yet another side note is that there were a lot of veterans still following gta iv stuff and policing trophies became a thing so I needed to show enough of each glitch/strategy for these type of people to see it is legit...

as far as the text of my guides and content in videos, I went through just about every thread here and on .org and tried to answer every single question I could find and put a solution into my guide/vids...I've been unofficially following these threads more regularly for just under a decade now and will still chime in on any misinformation or details that are not covered in the guide...another funny side note is that even the awp requirements on the official  r* site was wrong...

when releasing my mp guide I wanted to be considerate to both raceking and smartbomb, the authors of the OG guides, so reached out to them asking them to peruse mine for flaws...both were awesome dudes about it and so we actually worked together in making sure ours were in alignment...a small tidbit, I think it was mango and/or blackbunny who helped publish my guide here and I owe them a big thanks for all the format errors they fixed...

up until a few years ago, I ran 1-month sessions every 6 months to help the community here earn their trophies and at the same time, make sure all of my strats still work as intended...i have a super busy life now so I try to stay under the radar...i made my profile private since, when I don't, I get a tonne of gta iv friend requests and feel a bit guilty that I can't help everyone due to real life time constraints...ignorance is bliss perhaps?...I do still join random gaming sessions here and pm people looking for co-op help on a regular basis...still love the co-op, picking it up every couple months, and everything in my guides still rings true if followed closely...

should you actually want to point out a specific part of any of it that didn't work correctly or get tips when things seem to not be working that is not covered in the guides, please post here...until then, i'm sorry but you'll need to be patient with the details...I tried to incorporate them all so that any range of player from noob to advanced could follow them successfully...

lastly, apologies if this seems like an ego trip...it is not my intent but no one has ever called me out on the net before and so I hope you will see it instead as an appropriate response...all I got...have fun with the game...

Your videos on the 3 Coop helped me and my bro so much we watched it  for a hour and got every detail and got all missions done in 2 trys thanks your a legend PS who cares what people think about your guides if i found it helpful other will thanks again mate.

I’m playing Co-Op with a fellow trophy hunter. Mainly playing Hangman’s Noose. We’re constantly trying to beat our PR times. It makes it very fun. Another method is, invite my 3 extra accounts into GTA Race, choose pump it up, sniper rifle only, vehicles off, pedestrians off. Right where you spawn is a sniper rifle which keeps coming back. Then if you stay back and line up your shots one at a time near the far end gas pump and allowing only two players to be visible at a time while the third is loading in. The main account can get a steady flow of consistent kills. My best with double cash is a little over $160,000 and you’re given exactly one hour of time. I have room to improve on that. Also to earn some more cash before the timer runs out, just get in front of them players to get first place. However it’s very boring so I play co-op with my friend instead. Hope this helps keozw18 

The dude is a legend when it comes to GTA 4 and is probably the most knowledgeable person about the multiplayer trophies. If you don't test him with info about GTA 4 Online, I don't believe you trust another soul on Earth.

On 12/24/2023 at 8:07 PM, KOTOR4240 said:

Riddle me this. Why should I have to do what you should've already done almost a decade ago? Also, you expect me to edit your guides? 🤨 Uh, no. That is definitely not happening, mate. Since you're the one who made them, you should be the one editing them, too. That response indicates laziness and an unwillingness to listen to criticism. No wonder I don't trust you and your guides. Goodbye.

Answer to the riddle: A person offered free knowledge over a decade ago, he's probably tired after helping people for over a literal decade, and if you have a better way to do or explain the method, then you should step up and help the community as you have been helped by it. Your response indicates laziness and selfishness. No wonder everyone is against you in the thread.

As someone who's written several guides, including multiple guides that won a guide of the year award, I can say that keeping up a guide is tough, Overwatch, for example, gets constantly updated with huge changes. I have grown tired of making guides and I have no motivation or energy to continue updating the overwatch guide, if you came to me with the same complaints you have to bambam I would say the same thing, it's a 6 or 7-year-old guide, if you have an update for it, you can write it yourself. The accusation of laziness goes on the person who could do it but won't, rather than the person who has done it but has grown tired over the years.

• 3 weeks later...

There are 3 ways to get it, 1 is the legit grind, the 2nd is that hack/cheat with that sniper method, the 3rd is the easiest method when someone rains money on top of you through the check/hack. I'm not sure if it has to be done on a private or public server and if it is private, i'm not sure if they have to be the one running it or someone else.