Why are Japanese games so pricey?

Shug244

If you think Anime is a representation of Japanese culture and ideals (which you seem to imply, since I have such little understanding of Japan according to you), then you're delusional. You anime twats seem to have some fictional view of Japan where everybody dresses up in cosplay and acts out their favourite anime character 24/7. I can assure you, having grown up in one of the most diverse and multicultural cities in the world, there are many in Japan who could not give two shits about anime. If anybody doesn't understand Japanese humour its you lot. Just because Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is an american cartoon, it doesn't mean that it is a representation of American comedy as a whole. 

And I find it so ironic that you'd say "if you hate something it's because you don't understand it". I do not like fascism. Why don't I like fascism? Because far-right political ideologies such as Nazism openly express racial superiority and ethnic cleansing. Do I not understand this, or have I just been misinformed? Moreover, it's not a basic rule of life to just accept religion. I'm an atheist (although a former Catholic), I don't like nor do I respect any religion. You'd probably call me a racist or bigot for that (which is completely ridiculous, unfair, and false), even though i'm far from that and would argue religious people are more intolerant than any atheist. Do I hate all religious people? Of course not, most of my family are religious - the same can be applied to anime, I don't hate everything about the shows, nor the the people that watch this nonsense, but the fanboys take things way too far. 

What's wrong with suggesting that lots of anime (i've already stated several times that I don't think this of all anime productions, namely Miyazaki) are perverted? When the aim of your show is to attract vulnerably stupid fans who will willingly obsess over a fictional female character that tends to be presented in the form of a young-girl, i'd have no quarrels with saying that's pathetic and perverted. Honestly though, you'll grow out of this shit someday. It may be when your 57, it may be when a Japanese person takes offence to your belated view of their country, but it will happen. 

Your just proving what everyone has been saying. You have no idea what your talking about.

LOL. There are TONS of crap Japan titles that sell for the same inflated price as the good ones.

This is a ridiculous statement, almost to the point of being one of the most ignorant I've ever read.

Oh, and I have no dog in this fight, other than a hatred of ignorance. In fact, I rather like the anime fans here, even if I don't share their tastes.

Who are you again ? Oh yea... everyime I see you post it's just complaining, whining and insulting.. I don't know why your on this site, it's a kind community, doesn't really suit you.

• Like 1

If you think Anime is a representation of Japanese culture and ideals (which you seem to imply, since I have such little understanding of Japan according to you), then you're delusional. You anime twats seem to have some fictional view of Japan where everybody dresses up in cosplay and acts out their favourite anime character 24/7. I can assure you, having grown up in one of the most diverse and multicultural cities in the world, there are many in Japan who could not give two shits about anime. If anybody doesn't understand Japanese humour its you lot. Just because Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is an american cartoon, it doesn't mean that it is a representation of American comedy as a whole. 

I agree with this statement. Foreigners know more about anime than most Japanese.

• Like 1

I don't care about the anime itself, I just find it ridiculous that the fanboys need to share their shitty shows all over this website like their life depends on it. It's a game website, don't be upset when somebody criticises an aspect of anime for being perverted. They can all live in their own little fantasy world on other websites if they want. 

Except you didn't criticize the aspect - you deliberately targeted all of the medium based on your experiences with a limited portion of it. That is what I like to call generalization, and you are a glowing example of it. How about, instead of hating with absolutely no knowledge of what you're hating, you actually put forth an effort to experience something positive in it.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Clannad

Wolf Children

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Persona

Akame ga Kill

Durarara

Wooser's Hand to Life Mouth

Cardcaptor Sakura

Tokyo Mew Mew

Yu-Gi-Oh!

Pokemon

Macross Frontier

Valkryia Chronicles

Gundam

Toradora

Spice and Wolf (there is nudity, but it is not sexual)

Lucky Star

Fullmetal Alchemist

Just to name a few. You can't rail an entire medium based on a few rotten examples. That's like saying all video games are about splattering enemies all over creation based on footage from Doom.

Why are you even still bashing on anime. Everybody here acknowledges that there is lolicon anime. There is fanservice anime. But amongst the "shitty" shows there are such great shows full of drama, comedy, romance etc. Shows that made anime popular in both Japan as well as the West. I really think it's sad if the first thing that pops into your head when you think of anime is lolicon, or naked young girls. And saying that the majority of anime fans are perverted and "only watch anime to obsess over a fictional female character" is really offensive to the people who love the otaku culture.  

Anyway just watch some of the shows/movies in the spoiler below. Then you'll see that the majority of anime, even those that are not made by Miyazaki, are not aimed at adolescent NEETs who're fantasizing about hooking up with their 11 year old sisters while cuddling with their Asuna Dakimakuras. Maybe, just maybe you'll come to understand why anime is loved by such a broad spectrum of people. 

animatrix-1555.jpgappleseed-movie-793.jpgbaccano-1433.jpgblack-lagoon-1005.jpgcaptain-harlock-2013-6185.jpgclaymore-1074.jpgdeath-parade-6779.jpgdeath-note-1048.jpgghost-in-the-shell-119.jpg

elfen-lied-693.jpgfate-zero-3626.jpghellsing-ultimate-1188.jpgjin-roh-the-wolf-brigade-27.jpgpaprika-1081.jpgpsycho-pass-4901.jpg

wolf-children-4647.jpgtokyo-ghoul-6124.jpgtoki-wo-kakeru-shoujo-1133.jpg

kara-no-kyoukai-fukan-fuukei-1965.jpgmahou-shoujo-madoka-magica-3477.jpgparasyte-the-maxim-6039.jpg

serial-experiments-lain-44.jpgblast-of-tempest-5000.jpg

** I'm actually surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet.

You, my friend, have excellent taste.

• Like 1

Why people are always hating? We dont must have the same taste or view, but why people hate everything that is different instead of just ignoring it?

Think about it, all our socialproblems today are based upon hate and because people are unable to accept (or at least ignore) that others are maybe different than me. Think about all the stupid -ism words (racism, sexism, etc), they are just here because people are always looking for things that is different with other people, instead of looking for things we have in common. 

Its okay for me when Zelda doesnt like Anime, because its impossible that everyone wants the same, even when media (newspaper, national radiostations, national television, etc) tries to "form" or to 0815-nize us. We are all individual beings with our own view and our own tastes. We have 2015, Im really wondering when society understands that we dont must hate each ther.

Personally I dont like FPS (except FarCry), metal music and all their sistercategories (or however that relationship is called in english) like blackmetal or grindcore, the horror genre in a whole (except Final Destination), and many other things. BUT im not going on a .... dunno... Metallica concert and tell everyone that their taste suck and that this isnt music. (Its the same like here, Zelda comes to a forum about japanese consoles and complains about japanese stuff) Why Im not doing that? 1. Just because I dont like it doesnt mean its a bad thing 2. There are enough people who likes it, so it cant be thaaat bad. 3. Hate is a very negative feeling and will ruin you. It would be way easier to accept that other people like maybe different things than I am.

@Zelda: Your negative aura/presence/thingy really made me sad. It wasnt easy for me to resist all that hate. Someday you will maybe grow out of this primitive attitude. With 57 maybe? ;)

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 3

That's okay, too. But please just don't come to a nice and polite community and start spreading negativity and hate.

You and your "community" ganged up on him and started to call him names because he did first, that's not a polite and nice community. You are no better than him and have no right to act as such.

Edited by ZeroXOF
  • Like 1

Wow, wow, wow, this had gone to some serious shit o.O

Though, I gotta love how Zelda perfectly uses all the popular "How to bash anime and its watchers"... guess he did some research now.

LOL. There are TONS of crap Japan titles that sell for the same inflated price as the good ones.

>implying Japan can produce crap :P

• Like 1

This thread will only die when you are closing it. Or maybe Zelda writes soon something that ... "negative", that Parker/Sly will close it. :P

But personally I want to know why all this "japanhaters" are playing on a japanese console then. Just because its in theory better hardware, compared to XBox? And how a "japanhater" could get here? i mean, its a vitatopic. Complaining in a vitatopic about japanese games is like complaining about, well better i dont give any example before ppl feel offended without a reason again. But, seriously, Vita IS japangame-heaven (just would need gamingmood, more time and money), so, someone came to the wrong neighbourhood to complain about THAT. =D Also, japanese games are THE reason to pick a PlayStation. When I only want to play shooters, which I could play somewhen in the future even on my toaster because EA and the others would even publish for your toilet as long its not from Nintendo, I dont need a console. Also you get via SteamGreenlight like over9000 shooters per day, so? Why this ppl are with PlayStation? Nobody answered me that question.

First of all, I'm not a "japanhater". Maybe you are a "Western hater"? I'm simply not into Japanese stuff, which is fine, since like you yourself said in your latest post, it would be impossible for everyone in the world to have the same tastes, right? Now, in this and in other threads you really seemed interested in knowing what we, that don't enjoy Japanese games, are doing on Playstation and you even suggested that we should move to XBox (if you don't remember, I can tell you in what threads you stated this). I think the answer is in plain sight, but, since you don't seem to be intelligent enough, I'm actually give myself the trouble of answering you. In fact, I feel really well on Playstation, thank you. Maybe you wish that I moved to XBox...? I'm sorry to disappoint you, but that's not going to happen. I've been with Playstation since the times of PS2. I have a PS2, a PS3, a PS4 and a PS Vita. I love all these consoles and the only one that lacks games that fit my taste is the Vita. In fact, the PS3 has more games that fit my taste than I'll ever be able to play. With PS4, I hope to able to keep up the pace as new games are released. And even about the Vita, my opinion is "Vita should have games that fit the tastes of both Western gamers and of people who enjoy Japanese games"..., because I'm not selfish, you see? Even Sony acknowledges the pain of the gamers that own a Vita, but who don't have that many games that they enjoy. They're not going to do anything about it, but, at least, they recognize the problem. But, back to topic: why am I on Playstation. Do you know what "exclusive titles" means? Do you know a studio that goes by the name of "Naughty Dog"? Naughty Dog is a studio based in California and owned by Sony Computer Entertainment. They are the Gods of the video game industry and, obviously, their masterpieces are only available on Playstation, which is something that I'm very proud of as Playstation owner. Also, do you know, for example, "Quantic Dream" or "Media Molecule"? I also enjoy their games a lot and they also develop for Playstation consoles only... Even the president of Xbox said that he would like to have some of the Playstation exclusives. Pretty good reason to be on Playstation and to feel proud of being a Playstation owner. Do you want more reasons? Well, I have a lot of friends in Playstation and, in my country, Playstation rules. There are not many people who own Xbox consoles in my country... There you have: a lot of reasons for being on Playstation. Playstation consoles are Japanese, but they are sold worldwide, so they have to appeal to every public. Vita clearly failed in the Western market, whether you want to acknowledge that or not. If you were right, than Playstation consoles would only be sold in Japan and you would have to import them to be able to play your Japanese games, but that doesn't happen, does it?

As I said previously, I feel really good on Playstation, thank you for your concern... Sometimes, I don't feel well here: when you and some other people from your "group" say "Japan is quality, Western is trash", I'm not even going to qualify what type of people you are, because, you see, I still have some respect left for myself and for others...

Edited by GoldenSurprise
  • Like 2

First of all, I'm not a "japanhater". Maybe you are a "Western hater"? I'm simply not into Japanese stuff, which is fine, since like you yourself said in your latest post, it would be impossible for everyone in the world to have the same tastes, right? Now, in this and in other threads you really seemed interested in knowing what we, that don't enjoy Japanese games, are doing on Playstation and you even suggested that we should move to XBox (if you don't remember, I can tell you in what threads you stated this). I think the answer is in plain sight, but, since you don't seem to be intelligent enough, I'm actually give myself the trouble of answering you. In fact, I feel really well on Playstation, thank you. Maybe you wish that I moved to XBox...? I'm sorry to disappoint you, but that's not going to happen. I've been with Playstation since the times of PS2. I have a PS2, a PS3, a PS4 and a PS Vita. I love all these consoles and the only one that lacks games that fit my taste is the Vita. In fact, the PS3 has more games that fit my taste than I'll ever be able to play. With PS4, I hope to able to keep up the pace as new games are released. And even about the Vita, my opinion is "Vita should have games that fit the tastes of both Western gamers and of people who enjoy Japanese games"..., because I'm not selfish, you see? Even Sony acknowledges the pain of the gamers that own a Vita, but who don't have that many games that they enjoy. They're not going to do anything about it, but, at least, they recognize the problem. But, back to topic: why am I on Playstation. Do you know what "exclusive titles" means? Do you know a studio that goes by the name of "Naughty Dog"? Naughty Dog is a studio based in California and owned by Sony Computer Entertainment. They are the Gods of the video game industry and, obviously, their masterpieces are only available on Playstation, which is something that I'm very proud of as Playstation owner. Also, do you know, for example, "Quantic Dream" or "Media Molecule"? I also enjoy their games a lot and they also develop for Playstation consoles only... Even the president of Xbox said that he would like to have some of the Playstation exclusives. Pretty good reason to be on Playstation and to feel proud of being a Playstation owner. Do you want more reasons? Well, I have a lot of friends in Playstation and, in my country, Playstation rules. There are not many people who own Xbox consoles in my country... There you have: a lot of reasons for being on Playstation. Playstation consoles are Japanese, but they are sold worldwide, so they have to appeal to every public. Vita clearly failed in the Western market, whether you want to acknowledge that or not. If you were right, than Playstation consoles would only be sold in Japan and you would have to import them to be able to play your Japanese games, but that doesn't happen, does it?

As I said previously, I feel really good on Playstation, thank you for your concern... Sometimes, I don't feel well here: when you and some other people from your "group" say "Japan is quality, Western is trash", I'm not even going to qualify what type of people you are, because, you see, I still have some respect left for myself and for others...

Sorry, but I havnt read your post completely. I stopped at 40%. Why? Your conclusions are really awful on the one side and on the other side you are trying to attack me. Also, nice that you have read my previous post, but why should I be a "westernhater" then? I mean, sure, the person who doesnt understand why people hate hates everything that is west... that sound reallly superlegit, Sherlock :awesome: Also its true, Im often wondering why people are with PlayStation, but I NEVER said they SHOULD go with XBox. Why people here are always that offensive? *rolleyes* Edit: Well, I readed it, because Im a nice guy and stuff, and I can tell you Im also not feeling always well here. I was some days ago  a week inactive, because I wasnt able to handle all the conclusions and prejudice people threw at me... I dont understand why everyone always sees me as a kind of enemy... Also Im playing not just japanese games as you can see in my profile. Maybe you are mixing me up with someone else? People like you make me really sad. Seriously. You dont know me, but now Im dumb just because I like the Vita? Also I never said "japan is quality" or "western is trash" ... Im sure you can proof that? ... As you can see at my played games, Im not an Otaku or whatever. Im just playing what I want, thats all.

Edited by Neputyunu

Sorry, but I havnt read your post completely. I stopped at 40%. Why? Your conclusions are really awful on the one side and on the other side you are trying to attack me. Also, nice that you have read my previous post, but why should I be a "westernhater" then? I mean, sure, the person who doesnt understand why people hate hates everything that is west... that sound reallly superlegit, Sherlock :awesome: Also its true, Im often wondering why people are with PlayStation, but I NEVER said they SHOULD go with XBox. Why people here are always that offensive? *rolleyes*

Really? https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/26381-that-game-that-would-save-the-vita/page-3

• Like 1

if you dont like it buy a Xbox ..... upsi i said it .... plz dont send me to hell :) (carefull  these sentence can contain sarcasm)

come on ppl just stop ..... the whole thread is just a "bash each other" .   nepu is right that the only problem is that ppl dont accept different opinions and starting to hate ..... after 4-6 great posts about Anime and different genre in Animes some still thing every Anime is perveted. 

These ppl will not change that view.   I really want that thread get close .... but i have bad feeling that next "vita" or "jap games" thread will end like this one .

so can you all just stop hating each other? little bit love here? or at least acceptance .....

I think you were looking at me when you were talking about someone who only plays Japanese games :P

Though, being western-hater and being western-mentality-hater is a bit different.

Also, I think what Nep meant wasn't directed at people who actually choose PS for exclusives but rather at casuals who play most casual AAA titles that are multiplatofrm while hating Japanese games.

And, I believe it comes from one comment on EU PS blog where someone posted about not wanting Japanese games on PS4 PS+ because they hate them. (without actually knowing that PS4 lacks in J-games department (which is why it doesn't sell that well in Japan :))

little bit love here? 

>Vita

>west

>love

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I've got way too many people to reply to know. 

I've already stated my thought on MOST (not all, again) anime shows, and I will stand by them. 

This all started with something to do with Visual Novel games? I honestly can't remember, but as I expected, if you state one criticism of anime you'll receive widespread negativity from all the delusional fanboys. Is it wrong of me to stress that I don't feel comfortable on this website with all these people sharing around cartoon drawings of young girls as if it's their duty? This is a video game website, go to a reddit page to share all your anime nonsense. 

Sly or Parker could ban me or close the forum or whatever, honestly I don't care anymore.

Sometimes, I don't feel well here: when you and some other people from your "group" say "Japan is quality, Western is trash", I'm not even going to qualify what type of people you are, because, you see, I still have some respect left for myself and for others...

Why in the world would that make you feel ill?

As for the "type of people" here, they're good people. They might say dumb things sometimes, but so do we all.

• Like 1

This is a video game website, go to a reddit page to share all your anime nonsense. 

Sly or Parker could ban me or close the forum or whatever, honestly I don't care anymore.

i know you ignored it last time i told you that , but again ......  this is a gaming website , anime game are part of gaming world.   dont send a part of community away from this website if you are on the wrong site.   We want all enjoy games , with different taste .  if you cant accept that than you should hate on a different site . 

but your last sentence shows me that you realised it by your self that you are on wrong site here .  :)

we are a gaming community , dont try to rip it off .  thx

• Like 1

You and your "community" ganged up on him and started to call him names because he did first, that's not a polite and nice community. You are no better than him and have no right to act as such.

We criticized him, but we were doing so in a much more respectful and civilized way. And all we did was gather to defend ourselves and what we liked from unnecessarily sharp criticisms that had little substance and just blatant insults.

We criticized him, but we were doing so in a much more respectful and civilized way. And all we did was gather to defend ourselves and what we liked from unnecessarily sharp criticisms that had little substance and just blatant insults.

You should make a thread with a poll to see who sides with you, the results may differ from your liking.

Edited by ZeroXOF

This is a video game website, go to a reddit page to share all your anime nonsense. 

It's fairly interesting that you are so knowledgeable about how many anime threads are on this website while hating the anime so strongly.

Let me count, there is objectively one section (because no one goes to the Vita section) and like 3 or 4 threads on the whole page.

I don't know, but I would say it's pretty easy to avoid these threads.

It's not like anyone's forcing you to read what you don't want to read.

I'm also not reading most AAA threads so... why can't you do the same to the anime ones which are in minority?

As Xionx said (twice!), video games and anime go together because anime games ARE a thing =)

Is it wrong of me to stress that I don't feel comfortable on this website with all these people sharing around cartoon drawings of young girls as if it's their duty?

It obviously isn't. But why don't you yourself do something with it (refer to the upper part of the post) instead of involving yourself?

but as I expected, if you state one criticism of anime you'll receive widespread negativity from all the delusional fanboys.

Well obviously... try to do the same kind of "criticism" on anything else and you will get much, much worse feedback ;)

i know you ignored it last time i told you that , but again ......  this is a gaming website , anime game are part of gaming world.   dont send a part of community away from this website if you are on the wrong site.   We want all enjoy games , with different taste .  if you cant accept that than you should hate on a different site . 

but your last sentence shows me that you realised it by your self that you are on wrong site here .  :)

we are a gaming community , dont try to rip it off .  thx

Aah, I wanted to say that =D

You should make a thread with a poll to see who sides with you, the results may differ from your liking.

Because it would not be in the Vita section and people would go there without reading this thread? :awesome:

• Like 1

No, thanks, this conversation has gone on for way too long and I'd rather just get it over with.

I agree this has gone on a lot longer than you would expect,if not for the fact no one has really gotten disrespectful and that I don't know how I would close this thread solely so that it don't bypass the light argument that is currently going on.