Question about a trophy hunter/rant.

Shug244

OK I used to have just one trophy hunter friend who I was really kool with,and since we were both very close to each other in trophy lv and platinum trophies we challenged each other as trophy rivals.

Now here is where a problem came in,my ex-friend asked me to get him the ( counter strike GO platinum ) which I did since I thought we were kool and I expected him to get me a plat also since it was a plat for plat deal that he was asking me to do for him.

I got my ex-friend his plat but he screwed me for 3months for the plat be owed me ( he kept saying that he was bored with the games he had and didn't want to play them again ) and to make matters worse he had over 15 super easy games that he could have gotten me my plat with,and even worse than that is that over that 3month period he had gotten 12 new plats and 2more after we stopped being friends.

Now doing those 3months he admitted to me that 70% of his platinum trophies came from him doing plat for plat deals with other people which led me to thinking that if he got me the plat he owed me than I would no longer be able to claim the right of saying I had earned all my plats myself do I gave him the option to pay me $10psn which he said he would think about.

He decided to buy himself 1year PS plus instead,than when I said that I was going to get a new plat he went and got another plat than he bragged that he was going to get 2more a few hours later (which he did)so I snapped on him because not only did he get 12plats for himself b4 the 3 he recently earned but than he went and got himself 3more which put him ahead of me in plats by one ( he claimed that majority of the plats he earned over the 3months was from him paying outhers or doing plat-plat deals ) and he still claimed he had paid someone else to get them for him and that so what if he was ahead and blah blah blah.

I even helped him get trophies for other games and let him on my account to get the walking dead 400days dlc and he wanted to get back on my account to get outher games but I told him no till he got what he owed me and he even had the nerves to keep asking me.

When I got really angry at him he deleted me and probably blocked me.

Now the question is should he be considered as a trophy hunter when 70%+ of his plats came from outhers or not.

Also I only told the story because I'm still kinda steamed at him for doing all that he did and also because I felt in order for y'all to make a decision about him y'all had to hear the whole story even though this happened 2 1/2weeks ago,but I am still happy that I'm able to say I earned all my plats myself :) though I wish he had at least paid me or not wasted my time for 3months since he never intended to pay what he owed me,and im still kinda sad I lost a person I felt really kool with.

so you wanted him to earn you trophies too which he did even if it was just DLC.

And your angry because he wouldn't pay or or get you a plat?

Sorry I have no sympathy. Moral is earn you're own trophies.

Sorry man but he's right. Anyone that has to have people earn their trophies for them isn't a real hunter. (Not counting if you're boosting a game that has limited online activity) In order for a trophy to fully be yours, you have to put the work in. Your ex friend sounds like a tool but you should have told him to nerd up and do it himself.

• Like 1

' I lost a person I felt really kool with. '

You should know, even If it is the person that you 'felt' always be in your guard, you are the only one who 'accepted' to do that with him.

Like I said in my other post : Satisfaction is amazing when you earn your own trophy. 

so you wanted him to earn you trophies too which he did even if it was just DLC.

And your angry because he wouldn't pay or or get you a plat?

Sorry I have no sympathy. Moral is earn you're own trophies.

The thing is that he asked me I didn't ask him he asked me for 4days before I agreed (I said no at 1st because I didn't want to play CS GO again but he kept asking) anyway i m not mad that he didn't get me my plat,,as a matter of fact I'm glad he didn't since I can still say I earned my own trophies and plats,what I am mad about is that he wanted 3months of my time nor did be pay me even though he could have and where my anger is really coming from is that he kept bragging about each new plat he had gotten as if he had done it himself and therefore he was beating me in our lil trophy hunting race than he deleted me,I'm really mad that he deleted me as if he had a reason to be mad when I was the only one who should have been mad.

So you moral thing really don't mean anything since I'm not mad about him not getting me some trophies because I'm actually glad he didn't.

In reality I'm really just mad that he had the nerves to delete me as if I was in the wrong.

Edited by Shug244

Seems like a storm in a teacup to me. 

Yeah, he's a trophy hunter. He is going out of his way to get trophies on his profile, etc. I think that's all you need to do for it to count.

Is he the best example of a "gamer"...? Probably not. Paying other people to play your games... That represents the total abandonment of what games are supposed to be about: playing the f*ckng things!

If that's how he wants to spend his time, fair enough. It just seems stupid to me. Like buying a movie then asking someone else to watch it for you and give you a summary so you can say you saw it. 

• Like 4

The thing is that he asked me I didn't ask him he asked me for 4days before I agreed (I said no at 1st because I didn't want to play CS GO again but he kept asking) anyway i m not mad that he didn't get me my plat,,as a matter of fact I'm glad he didn't since I can still say I earned my own trophies and plats,what I am mad about is that he wanted 3months of my time nor did be pay me even though he could have and where my anger is really coming from is that he kept bragging about each new plat he had gotten as if he had done it himself and therefore he was beating me in our lil trophy hunting race than he deleted me,I'm really mad that he deleted me as if he had a reason to be mad when I was the only one who should have been mad.

So you moral thing really don't mean anything since I'm not mad about him not getting me some trophies because I'm actually glad he didn't.

In reality I'm really just mad that he had the nerves to delete me as if I was in the wrong.

Apologies if I misread your op. IF that's the case then he is not worth getting mad about and was obviously never much of a friend anyway

No that is NOT a trophy hunter, that's a trophy whore. And c'mon, Counterstrike:GO? That is a really easy platinum.

Like was said earlier, trophy hunters get their own trophies. If you are getting/expecting trophies from someone else, you're not a hunter; you're a whore.

• Like 2

Apologies if I misread your op. IF that's the case then he is not worth getting mad about and was obviously never much of a friend anyway

Well I guess you and the other person/person's who said that are correct, I just wish that if he never intended to hold up his end of our deal than he should have just screwed me over after I held up my end ( deleted me ) instead of telling me BS lies for 3 months and even asked me to help him with other games which I now regret doing ( I didn't earn the trophies for the other games he asked for but I do do co-op and carried him through cod ghost,which he got mad at me n my friends who were helping him because we told him not to run the mortal relic ) I guess he really wasn't a friend and was just a A-hole who thought he was better than everyone else and that everyone should just do what he wanted,my friends are not trophy hunters or even care about trophy hunting so for him to disrespect them was something they weren't dealing with and I didn't help him till he stopped acting that way towards me,I just wish that if anyone was going to delete anyone i wish it had been me deleting him instead of the other way around since I was the one who got screwed n not him.

The sad thing is that because I thought we were kool I resisted the urge to delete him doing that 3month period and I didn't want to believe he was a A-hole because I figured if he was than he wouldn't have been BS me for months and he would have just deleted me immediately after I held up my end of our deal.

I'm guessing you have his PSN account information. If i were you i would put really bad games on his profile like Hannah Montannah or kids games like megamind or spongebob etc .

I have literally all of those games platinumed. Haha but I at least put in the work myself! (Shrugs) $3.99 for an easy platinum, I have no shame in it. I have some difficult ones and some cake walk ones, but at least they were all legitimately earned. But revisiting your idea, he should put ultra rare plats on there, just do like one trophy for Far Cry 2 or Homefront or other games that take a very long time to earn or the servers are shut down. Just to completely kill his completion ratio.

Edited by SoapMacTavish222
  • Like 1

I'm guessing you have his PSN account information. If i were you i would put really bad games on his profile like Hannah Montannah or kids games like megamind or spongebob etc .

Lol I don't have is info no more and the sad thing is that he already have the plat for all 3 of those games,he got outhers to do megamind and spongebob for him n he did Hannah Montana himself.

Trust no one, not even yourself.

Was he a real life friend or just a psn friend?

PSN friend,if he was a real friend than I would have just took 2-3 of his games as payment or kicked is butt as payment.

I need to start doing multi quotes Lol.

• Like 1

Btw I know many people have multiple Sound Shapes platinums. Heck I have the one for PS3 and one for the Vita. But how did you get FOUR Sound Shapes platinums all for the PS4 version Shugg?

Bought many PSN cards off eBay and amazon from different regions than made multiple PSN accounts to use them on than made each psn account 1by1 the primary account on my friends ps4 to cloud synch

Wow, 4 different versions of Sound Shapes for the easy plats. And I felt guilty just doing PS3/Vita lol. To each their own I suppose.

Lol I'm kinda on the fence on how I should feel,but I'm kinda leaning towards not careing since I bought Minecraft on ps3 and got it free for vita than I bought it on ps4 n will get that plat soon,also I plan on getting the PS vita and ps4 version of the walking dead even though I kinda hate the game and I also plan on getting the PS vita version of PlayStation allstars and jak and daxter collection,all of these I already beat on ps3 and they are kinda easy,

Now the question is should he be considered as a trophy hunter when 70%+ of his plats came from outhers or not.

im still kinda sad I lost a person I felt really kool with.

Yes, because he did hunt trophies. Just not the same way you say you did. For all anyone knows, every single trophy you see on anyone's profile could have been earned by someone else.

Doesn't sound like he was that kool with you. Sounds like he used you for what he wanted and you went along with it. You shouldn't be mad he dropped you though. Those aren't the kind of people to associate with. Just know going forward that you're a better person and he's not as good as you. Don't hold grudges, life's too short. Play more games.

LOL, why you platted CS:GO on his account that can be platted like in a day and he's not even a real friend just a noob.

So remember don't let him plat your games or you plat his games.

He don't own CSGO which is why he kept asking me to do it.

I think you should put things back into perspective first of all...

All right, what he did to you is not a great sign of friendship, cause friends tend to help each other out just for the sake of it, and not tit-for-tat... Then again, you were both doing this so fair enough...

If he is a good friend, then this is more important than a trophy or 10 bucks, so you could have let it go. It's a digital reward for having played a game after all, you're life ain't gonna be any worse off because of it (sorry to all those extreme hunters who could take offense  :S)

This being said, I understand the principle that you feel being screwed, but what good is a trophy if you didn't earn it yourself?! Maybe it makes him happy, and good for him, but his trophy collection is pretty much worthless (even to himself). You could just as well pay hackers to unlock your trophies for you! Wooow, the sense of accomplishment :blink:

So.... Take the high road and let it slide, you know you earned your trophies, and you can feel good about that, and you learned a valuable life lesson about real friends...

I personally have a very good friend that doesn't give a rat's ass about trophies and helps me at every turn if I ask him  (those frustrating coop/online ones) just for fun and so we can play together. Great friend by the way xD Get yourself one of those!