Raiden IV: OverKill Help & Tips thread

Zanzarro

Hey my friend. I found another 1CC done and it's cut between a couple or 3 stages. Thought it would be nice to add the extra reference and looks much more comfortable to rummage around.

I think it's done on either Very Hard or Ultimate. Add them if you think they're convenient.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I found out that collecting P power up (which appears only during certain circumstences like dying a lot) while going for weapon specific 1st loop clear trophies doesnt negate the trophy, even if you max out vulcan weapon by accident by collecting P while going for other weapons.

I hope this clears any doubt for anyone going for those trophies. You can collect P power up while going for weapon specific 1st loop clear trophies.

Edited by Saionji

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

After being a bit demoralised by this game yesterday I had an idea this morning & after trying it out I have the double play trophies. If you have a CronusMax or similar you can use the remapping software to combine the inputs of both analogue sticks together & save it as a GPC script. When playing you just have to move left at the start of the stage to bring the ships together & after that it's just like controlling one ship. The ships can be separated with the d-pad or face buttons. This makes the double play trophies easier than the regular 1cc trophies & I'm really feeling that after loosing my last life on 2-7 yesterday during a run. 

Here's a short video to demonstrate:

Please note if the idea of this offends your sensibilities I absolutely don't care. I'd kindly direct anyone of that nature to the pre-existing trophy standards thread. Since there are a few events going on right now where rare trophies are an advantage, I thought it might be good to share this info & maybe it might make the trophy set more viable for some. I'm certainly feeling ever so slightly more motivated to clean it up now that awkwardly moving two ships around at once is no longer a concern.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ty for the tips ! I've got my platinum today, i post my vid in double play with no pausing, i hope she will help someone beginner at shmup like me :

Big mistakes in level 7, surely because it's stressful at the end.

Edited by DemsAlGhul