National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

Terrible football a-plenty (although in cases like the Bears/49ers game it actually reaches "so bad it's good status"). 

Anyone want to discuss the scintillating Jets/49ers matchup that CBS has at 4:05 next Sunday?  Anybody?

(crickets)

Anyone want to discuss the scintillating Jets/49ers matchup that CBS has at 4:05 next Sunday?  Anybody?

(crickets)

I wonder what kind of crowd they'll get to it, but yeah what a matchup, least it makes the Browns game more watchable this week :P

My Week 14 NFL Tips

Chiefs over Raiders

Steelers over Bills

Broncos over Titans

Redskins over Eagles

Dolphins over Cardinals

Chargers over Panthers

Bengals over Browns

Lions over Bears

Colts over Texans

Vikings over Jags

49ers over Jets

Saints over Bucs

Falcons over Rams

Packers over Seahawks

My Cowboys over Giants

Patriots over Ravens

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dmsleight said:

Actually, I always hope for the Seahawks.

I'd post 50 high five emoticons here but they seem to be gone now.  Anyways, "high five".  There's a real chance the Hawks go 0-2 over the nest two games, @Green Bay wasn't looking like a huge problem until Earl went down.  Gotta feeling Rodgers is going to attack the hell out that particular problem.  Hopefully the weather will dissuade throwing the ball 7,000 times like Green Bay loves to do and the running/turnover game will be the deciding factor.

15 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

I'd post 50 high five emoticons here but they seem to be gone now.  Anyways, "high five".  There's a real chance the Hawks go 0-2 over the nest two games, @Green Bay wasn't looking like a huge problem until Earl went down.  Gotta feeling Rodgers is going to attack the hell out that particular problem.  Hopefully the weather will dissuade throwing the ball 7,000 times like Green Bay loves to do and the running/turnover game will be the deciding factor.

Talking about this one? :highfive: 

: highfive : <- close the spaces between the : and the word and it'll automatically make the emoticon when you hit the space bar.

2 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

I stand corrected.  Thank you.  

Just in case you didn't know how yet.
To find the full list click the smiley option in the bar and in the top right corner click "Categories" and then "Emoticons". (It has a 70 next to it.)

OT:

I know the Pats are going to be on ESPN on monday but since I don't have that channel I wonder, since living in MA, we'll get to see the game on a regular channel somehow. :hmm: 

7 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

I'm hoping the offense will be churning, to make up for any deficiency in Thomas' loss and Rodgers' surge.

Yeah, playing the Rams on short rest will not be a gimme.  I'm sure that they have been planning for this game for at least 6 weeks.  Thats the real reason Fisher couldn't find the flag, he was game planning week 15.

8 hours ago, dmsleight said:

I'm hoping the offense will be churning, to make up for any deficiency in Thomas' loss and Rodgers' surge.

Yeah, playing the Rams on short rest will not be a gimme.  I'm sure that they have been planning for this game for at least 6 weeks.  Thats the real reason Fisher couldn't find the flag, he was game planning week 15.

Hopefully Seattle and Miami will take care of business and the only thing left to worry about is keeping the #2 seed.

20 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I know the Pats are going to be on ESPN on monday but since I don't have that channel I wonder, since living in MA, we'll get to see the game on a regular channel somehow. :hmm: 

I believe there's a broadcast requirement that all games not blacked out must be available on local, non-cable channels.  I'd check your local listings to see precisely which one has it, because it varies from region to region which channels end up with the Monday Night games.  They bounce all over the basic dial here in the NYC area when the situation arises with the Jets or Giants.

I'm starting to think that niners are tanking on purpose... How can you start 14-0 in less then 3 mins and then do nothing the rest of the game and lose in OT? And it's like the 3rd straight week they sprint-start a couple of TD and then lose big. Just like "Hey, we can do this, but it's too late so lock that 2nd overall pick!"

This, or they're simply garbage...

I'd say the Seahawks offense needs to wake up and blah blah blah but what's the point?  We're 14 weeks in and I think it's been established that they're terrible... especially on the road!!

I fully expected a loss today but not a blowout.  Shead was terrible, Wagner couldn't stay on his feet, and Wilson... what a miserable game for Russell.  Everyone has an off day but I never thought I'd see Wilson play that bad.  3 division games left and now they have to try and move up to the #2 spot, maybe they'll be able to pull off a 6-3 win on Thursday.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zio_Sam87 said:

I'm starting to think that niners are tanking on purpose... How can you start 14-0 in less then 3 mins and then do nothing the rest of the game and lose in OT? And it's like the 3rd straight week they sprint-start a couple of TD and then lose big. Just like "Hey, we can do this, but it's too late so lock that 2nd overall pick!"

A Game they dominated and yet they still lose, i wouldn't be surprised if they finish 1-15

6 hours ago, Zio_Sam87 said:

They have done it all year.  They have been 14-0 in many games, but this is one of the few times they were still in it in the 3rd quarter.

5 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

I'd say the Seahawks offense needs to wake up and blah blah blah but what's the point?  We're 14 weeks in and I think it's been established that they're terrible... especially on the road!!

I fully expected a loss today but not a blowout.  Shead was terrible, Wagner couldn't stay on his feet, and Wilson... what a miserable game for Russell.  Everyone has an off day but I never thought I'd see Wilson play that bad.  3 division games left and now they have to try and move up to the #2 spot, maybe they'll be able to pull off a 6-3 win on Thursday.

I didn't know Bortles played for the seahawks?  Seattle really needs to start focusing/spending money on OL if they care about the the health of their O backs (and winning)

3 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Anyone else notice that when the show Eli Manning he always has this "where did I go wrong in life?" look?

He learned it from Caughlin.  No wait, his was more like "how in the world did that happen?"

What I learned from the steelers game: a team can still win with Fritzgerald at qb, if the hulk is at tailback.