PlayStation Vita is back with two new Mega Pack

Souls_BaKer

Discussion - News

The year-end holidays are approaching and as always, this time wants conducive to purchases reflected (or not) of home consoles and other software. If, from this point of view, the PlayStation 4 has absolutely no reason to worry because of a now undisputed notoriety, it is different for the PlayStation Vita as the abyss in which it is immersed would have plenty to do pale budget deficit of our Social Security.

Well aware of this, Sony is trying timidly to reverse the trend by shooting down one of its trump cards: the Mega Pack. For beginners, the Mega Pack boxes are bringing a PlayStation Vita, a memory card and three or four games at a great price, the cost of these items taken to the unit due to you much more than the direct purchase of a pack.*

This year, two distinct Mega Pack are honored: the first brings together four of the best exclusives Sony while the second gives pride to the franchise LEGO:

Playstation Vita Hits Mega Pack Marketed in September, this Mega Pack will contain:

- Uncharted : Golden Abyss

- Tearaway

- Little Big Planet PS Vita

- When Vikings Attack

And we will have : Playstation Vita LEGO Action  Heroes Mega Pack in october, this pack will contain:

- LEGO Batman 3 : Beyond Gotham

- The LEGO Movie Videogame

- LEGO The Hobbit

Source http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/08/19/two-new-mega-packs-are-coming-to-ps-vita-later-this-year/

What do YOU thing about it guys ?

Discussion - News

The year-end holidays are approaching and as always, this time wants conducive to purchases reflected (or not) of home consoles and other software. If, from this point of view, the PlayStation 4 has absolutely no reason to worry because of a now undisputed notoriety, it is different for the PlayStation Vita as the abyss in which it is immersed would have plenty to do pale budget deficit of our Social Security.

Well aware of this, Sony is trying timidly to reverse the trend by shooting down one of its trump cards: the Mega Pack. For beginners, the Mega Pack boxes are bringing a PlayStation Vita, a memory card and three or four games at a great price, the cost of these items taken to the unit due to you much more than the direct purchase of a pack.*

What do YOU thing about it guys ?

Was this written in another language and translated to English? It is so thick and intentionally complicated, I think I only barely get the gist.

Was this written in another language and translated to English? It is so thick and intentionally complicated, I think I only barely get the gist.

French-English, yes. I wrote that in French and then used translation. :)

(I'm French :D, but I live in UK). :D

Edited by Souls_BaKer

Bad-English is the worldlanguage, deal with it buddyyy :awesome: *hug*

Somehow I believe SCEE/SCEA has no idea how to bundle xD

There is already a bundle with Uncharted. (also it was somewhen on Plus)

• Like 1

Also, why don't they give us a mega pack with a BIGGER F*****G MEMORY CARD?

Come one, 8gb is absolutely not enough for most gamers. In the first megapack, the 4 games take the whole memory card by themselve (7.4gb)... We are in 2015, this is completely stupid from sony.

Would you buy a 40gb PS4?

Then, why sony forces us to buy 8gb memory cards...

This doesn't concern me anymore as i just bought a 64gb memory card (i was lucky enough to find a used one for 50 euros), but they won't rally many people using that kind of strategy :/

Edited by lesk8vaincra

If I didn't already have a vita, the first bundle is pretty tempting...except for Vikings Attacks, wouldn't have any interest in that one.

Here we go again. The "Playstation Vita has no (shitty handheld versions of the usual triple-A million-selling bullshit) games (that I only like because I can't get out of my comfort zone)" crowd has been attracted.

I agree. If you can't get out of your gaming comfort zone, then you shouldn't have a vita.

• Like 1

I think the best option is to put the console on a fire sale, can't imagine the console is making moves like the 3DS.

Why can't they do mega packs with Japanese games?

Probably due to not enough Japanese games getting marketed or some advertisement in the West. Out off all the games, I think When Vikings Attack hasn't been marketed.

Edited by ZeroXOF

Why can't they do mega packs with Japanese games?

I think the best option is to put the console in a fire sale, can't imagine the console is making moves like the 3DS.

Probably due to not enough Japanese games getting marketed or some advertisement in the West. Out off all the games, I think When Vikings Attack hasn't been marketed.

Or maybe because nobody would be interested in it and it would get about 100 units sold? Just a suggestion.

That's why you should use the sarcasm font so that's clear to people. I liken online communication to having Asperger syndrome. You have to make things clear. That's why I feel sarcasm should have its own font.

Sarcasm font? I feel like that in itself is sarcasm.

Or maybe because nobody would be interested in it and it would get about 100 units sold? Just a suggestion.

Japanese games have a huge market on the vita and it's one that is still growing. Edited by Makise Kurisu
  • Like 1

Sarcasm font? I feel like that in itself is sarcasm.

Japanese games have a huge market on the vita and it's one that is still growing.

Japanese games on the vita sell well in Japan. The rest of the world wouldn't be interested (or very few would be interested).

Point i'm trying to make: If there was a mega pack with J games, it wouldn't sell well.

Edited by CommanderWulfy
  • Like 1

Just wanna clarify my above post about that was sarcasm.

Isn't it amazing how unnecessarily often you have to point out /s so people don't get super upset?

OT: Long live Japanese games, long live Vita! I guess the mega pack is definitely geared more towards promoting the Vita in the west, but it definitely wouldn't have convinced me to buy a Vita if I didn't have one already.

Japanese games on the vita usually sell well in Japan. The rest of the world wouldn't be interested (or very few would be interested).

Japanese games on the vita have sold very successfully to the rest of the world, take Persona 4 Golden for example. I've lost count of how many times I've seen that game praised by Americans and Europeans. You can't speak for everyone. Sure you're not interested, and a lot of people wouldn't be, but there definitely is a market for them. Which is why more and more Japanese games are getting localised.