The UR PS3-Way: Plat Race

Who Do You Think Will Win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Be The First To Finish?

• HcG-_Clawz
    • Hemiak
    • Zajac9999

I love stuff like this. Crazy though, for the most part the numbers are very similar.

I was very surprised. I think the most impressive stat was the amount of UR plats/plats. Shows how much you guys hunt for the tough ones! (Compared to someone like me, who has 0/24!!!)

Why go with ratios? :o

What I would do is go with specific difficult trophies they've earned or not earned and see what they are good or bad at. From this I'd conclude what trophies they could earn from the games specified etc.

I could also make it genre-based. Some people are better at certain types of games than others and compare with the games chosen

I was very surprised. I think the most impressive stat was the amount of UR plats/plats. Shows how much you guys hunt for the tough ones! (Compared to someone like me, who has 0/24!!!)

I could also make it genre-based. Some people are better at certain types of games than others and compare with the games chosen

But why look at ratio of difficult trophies instead of looking at the difficult trophies?

Edited by MMDE

But why look at ratio of difficult trophies instead of looking at the difficult trophies?

The amount of difficult trophies would be far more likely to be higher in volume for those who've earned more trophies. So its not fair to compare for someone who has 1,000 trophies compared to 10,000 trophies.

• Like 1

The amount of difficult trophies would be far more likely to be higher in volume for those who've earned more trophies. So its not fair to compare for someone who has 1,000 trophies compared to 10,000 trophies.

I'm not saying amount of difficult trophies. I said to look at the difficult trophies. See what they've actually achieved and by that get a sense of what they are able to achieve.

Ratio of difficult trophies is more unrelated than amount of difficult trophies, but both are pretty irrelevant stats. I suggest you just look at the specific trophies and see what they're capable of, see what trophies they will be able to get in this competition.

Edited by MMDE

I'm not saying amount of difficult trophies. I said to look at the difficult trophies. See what they've actually achieved and by that get a sense of what they are able to achieve.

Ratio of difficult trophies is more unrelated than amount of difficult trophies, but both are pretty irrelevant stats. I suggest you just look at the specific trophies and see what they're capable of, see what trophies they will be able to get in this competition.

Don't take them too seriously, they are just fun little stats.

That's all.

I think MMDE is saying to look at Genre/ difficulty levels.

One guy might have 20 UR RPGs, he definitely has the dedication, but might not have the skill level.

Another guy might only have UR racing games, or easier games with annoying troohies that most people don't bother with.

I think we've got a good selection of games across 3 different genres which really helps to level the playing field for everybody.

I bought Skydive this morning. I won't download it until Sunday night so I'm not tempted to DIVE right into the awesomeness. Get it?

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 3

Good luck with the UR plat race. I was going to vote for Zajac, but he didn't seem to hunt a lot during the last season of THL. Clawz is a fellow Dutchie, but usually plays games to get a lot of points. UR plats aren't suited for that. Hemiak has some very hard plats and doesn't worries about the THL rankings, so my vote goes to him,

I think MMDE is saying to look at Genre/ difficulty levels.

One guy might have 20 UR RPGs, he definitely has the dedication, but might not have the skill level.

Another guy might only have UR racing games, or easier games with annoying troohies that most people don't bother with.

I think we've got a good selection of games across 3 different genres which really helps to level the playing field for everybody.

I bought Skydive this morning. I won't download it until Sunday night so I'm not tempted to DIVE right into the awesomeness. Get it?

Yeah, judge by what you guys have been able to do before. :P

I've not plat SotC yet, got a couple of the colossi left, which are pretty damn hard. It's also a pretty long plat. Most of the trophies except for all the gifts and hard time trial should be easy enough though.

That Skydive game looks like one of the mini-games in probably the worst PS3 game I've played, and I've played games like Ride to Hell: Retribution, MindJack, Brink, Magus etc, namely Motionsports Adrenaline.

Edited by MMDE

looking forward to see how good you 3 will do on shadow of colossus . today i beatn 12 bosses on hard time attack in 5 h ... after that i tryed 3h on nr3 ... i finally beatn him ... but i loast a lot of sanity ... so ppl keep in mind , patience is the key .

now i still cant beat nr 4 .... but i only try it for 2 h ... so we will see .

looking forward to see how good you 3 will do on shadow of colossus . today i beatn 12 bosses on hard time attack in 5 h ... after that i tryed 3h on nr3 ... i finally beatn him ... but i loast a lot of sanity ... so ppl keep in mind , patience is the key .

now i still cant beat nr 4 .... but i only try it for 2 h ... so we will see .

How many are there? How many do you have left to do?

Locked and loaded huh?

Good luck bro.

Yup, looking forward to trying my hand at these, hope I can finish them all lol. 

I was way too slow at starting off my last plat race so I won't make that mistake this time. Guess I'll update progress every few days, or whenever I make 'significant' progress in a game. :)

• Like 1

How many are there? How many do you have left to do?

there are 16 .   i only need nr 4, 6, and 15 on hard time attack ... but today i lost all my patience ^^  im happy i was able to beat nr 3 in almost 3 h ...... some ppl neet 7h-1 week ...

problem with 4 , 6 , 15 is to much luck included (and hard execution too ...)

Edit: keep me updated with progress =) i really looking forward to that race :) im excited.

Edited by Xionx

You guys are going to love the Time Attacks in Shadow Of The Colossus  :awesome:  (Especially #3 and #15 :P)

there are 16 .   i only need nr 4, 6, and 15 on hard time attack ... but today i lost all my patience ^^  im happy i was able to beat nr 3 in almost 3 h ...... some ppl neet 7h-1 week ...

problem with 4 , 6 , 15 is to much luck included (and hard execution too ...)

Edit: keep me updated with progress =) i really looking forward to that race  :) im excited.

If you're getting frustrated, leave the game for a day and come back after. It works wonders :P

Also a tip for #15

Try standing on his neck and wait until he shakes that. From the moment he starts shaking his neck, go straight for the head, it should give you enough time to get a few stabs in.

Edited by Vivify-King
  • Like 1