have you ever had your PS3 get a YLOD.?

BDKSimba

Yes, yes I have. Twice, now, in fact. Once early-ish in 2010, and again about two or three days ago. Still, replacement slim ordered and arriving tomorrow! It's all good.

P.S.: Public service announcement - the "hairdryer trick" (which is to say, blowing a hairdryer on its hottest setting into the back vents of your PS3 for 15 minutes then cooling it down) will most likely allow you to deactivate your account, recover your save data and sync your trophies, and you might even be lucky enough to be able to trade it in whilst it's still on this temporary fix. As soon as I can put the original, non-upgraded HDD back into mine that's what I'm gonna do! :D

• Like 1

I'm amazed reading all these YLOD stories.

I have a launch day PS3, and I haven't had any problems. No YLOD, and the graphics card hasn't started to give out (a common glitch in Batman Arkham City that I didn't experience).

It may be good for me to invest into Playstation Plus just for the cloud. I wouldn't mind that.

Never but my first PS3's USB ports died so I had to replace mine. My aunt gave me her 40GB Phat PS3 without Backwards Compatibility. Barely used too and it's last almost longer than my old one. My current one is 4 years old Manufactured in November 2007. I've had no problems with it, no overheating, no YLOD.

I Never had a YLOD, my PS3 is just freezing sometimes, very annoying :angry:

sound like it's heading down the YLOD road. you should start taking pro active step to save system or @least to save your current data on it. if your not Plus yet, I recommend even just for the cloud feature.