Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen

MortalRikku

Thanks :) I'm only level 108 so gotta work on the levelling up ^_^

To tell the truth, I never bothered to level-grind I just never lost any dropped Blood Echoes during the entire playthrough and just killed the enemies whenever I saw them and most areas I only went through once.

In the later Chalice Dungeons you'll get ALOT of Echoes just killing enemies, tens of thousands of Echoes per enemy in fact. I was pretty normal for me to have MILLIONS of Echoes exploring just one floor in the later dungeons.

I also only used two weapons the entire game: the Saw Spear and the Hunter Pistol. Never used any tools or Bone Ash (whatever the item that increases the damage of your guns is called).

• Like 1

The Queen was disappointingly easy despite the gold trophy. I beat her solo when I was around level 180 or so on my first playthrough.

The first boss in that same dungeon was 100 times harder then she was.

Well obviously it was easy since you were massively over leveled

I beat the Queen at SL 90 which is a little too low and makes things harder than they need to be. The Queen herself isn't really a big problem, it's getting through the cursed defiled chalice with your hp halved that makes this challenging

Anywhere from SL 100-120 you should be more than capable of taking on the Queen but ideally you'd want to be SL 130

The best tip I can give for this boss fight is to take out her doppelgangers, all you need is one bullet!

I beat the Queen at SL 90 which is a little too low and makes things harder than they need to be. The Queen herself isn't really a big problem, it's getting through the cursed defiled chalice with your hp halved that makes this challenging

Anywhere from SL 100-120 you should be more than capable of taking on the Queen but ideally you'd want to be SL 130

The best tip I can give for this boss fight is to take out her doppelgangers, all you need is one bullet!

Did you purposely keep your level low? I was able to reach SL 130+ by the end of the game by using all the echoes I'd gotten from the dungeons. No farming, just the one time through each level to get everything.

Topic/ Like Goekie stated, 100-120 is more than enough.

As I said in my earlier post I never bothered to level-grind. I used every Echo I've ever collected so I really wasn't over leveled at all.

Beating the Queen at lv.90 is impressive though.

they changed amygdala in defiled chalice ....., now he jumps directly on your head in last phase. he is not jumping forward anymore , so cheese easy strat is not working .  i fight now for more than 5 h against him ...... 5 min first two phases -> 5 seconds last phase one hit kill.  i have no idea ... i tryed everything.

Edit :  omg i beat him ....... this is strange , every time i write my frustration down i beat it .... after 5 h  trying .... omg

Edited by Xionx
  • Like 1

Defiled Chalice was more frustrating than anything in Ihyll. Watch Dog of the Wonky Hitboxes took me 22 minutes to beat, and a lot of Amygdala's attacks one-shotted me in the latter half of the fight, so that was about 9 tries, too.

To contrast, I beat Yharnam on the second try, having never fought her before.

• 2 months later...

so which altair should i use? 1/2/3/4/5?

http://www.ign.com/wikis/bloodborne/Yharnam,_Pthumerian_Queen

do i need to complete other chalices before her?

hintertomb, loran, isz

i'm so lost :P

o my god :(

Pthumeru Chalice (3 layers)
Central Pthumeru Chalice (3 layers)
Lower Pthumeru Chalice (4 layers)
Defiled Chalice (3 layers)

Completing these four chalice dungeons will let you get to the 5th and final one, which houses the Blood Queen.

Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice (3 layers)
Edited by medenko1975
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...